+ Reply to Thread

Default 6 month old won't take bottle from anyone but me

Help! I need advice! My ds2 started daycare a month ago, at 5 months old. Since then he refuses to let dh feed him. He's also very difficult for his daycare provider to bottle feed (goes to family daycare). Today it took her an hour and he only had 40ml. He has a full bottle from me in the mornings and as soon as i get home from work in the afternoons. I'm the only one he'll feed properly for. He's been exclusively formula fed since he was 2.5 months old. There was a stage when dh couldn't feed him for awhile. Then he was ok. As soon as he started daycare he refused to feed from dh.
    I think he has bad separation anxiety.
    Heis fine with dh and daycare in all aspects other than bottle feeding. He eats food well for his daycare teacher.

Has anyone else had this issue?
    Is it something he'll outgrow?
    I'm worried his daycare teacher won't want him there anymore as he's difficult. Both my sons go there, I'd hate for them to have to go somewhere else, not to mention all places around where i live that I'd actually consider sending them to don't have availability in the babies rooms.
    We never had this problem with ds1.

My nurse friend thinks he has separation anxiety. I just don't know what to do 😯

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Sounds like separation anxiety to me too.

Similar Threads

1. Help- need to wean 22 month old off formula bottle
    By loulou21 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-12-2015, 12:10
  2. Getting breastfed bub to take bottle of EBM?
    By gingermillie in forum Breastfeeding Support
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 18-11-2015, 15:40
  3. 5 month old refusing bottle
    By MamaEve in forum Mixed Breast & Bottle Feeding Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 27-10-2015, 21:47