+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default When should I worry? 4 year old still wetting pants all day.

My 4 year old is day and night trained. Kind of! If we take him he will be dry all day and we take him before we go to bed at night. But if we aren't physically taking him he will wet his pants up to 10 times a day. In 2 years he has never pooed his pants but did at kindy a few weeks ago and now is doing it at home too. When should I start to worry? He is at school next year and I don't want him to be teased or be embarrassed as he is SUPER shy already.
    My 2 1/2 year old has day and night toilet trained himself and will hardly ever have an accident.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Do you suspect it's a skill problem (like he's forgetting), or do you think it's anxiety related?

When you first trained him, did he take to it easily, or did it take him age to catch on? Was he fine and then suddenly went backwards at some point? (If so, was there anything stressful going on around that time?)

And one last question - if you put him back in nappies, would he be relieved or angry?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks for the reply.
    The poo at Kindy is definitely anxiety related and not wanting to go or ask by himself. But at home I don't think it is. As he is relaxed and still wets his pants. Most of the time he wets them a little then will run to the toilet.
    He took a long time to catch on to it.
    We have spoken about nappies and he would be angry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Constipation can cause this (both poo and wee), and there doesn't have to be traditional symptoms- maybe check it out?