+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    They ARE funny! I thought I was the only one who thought that! Your DD will love them too, they make excellent pets. I hope her treatments are progressing well. What a strong woman you must be. I wish you all the very best.
    We want to get Isa Browns, apparently they make good pet chooks due to their calm nature, and supposedly are very good layers.

DD is going so well, I'm so very proud of her. As for me, I have no choice but to be strong

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh yes, not so much a hobby I guess but we have somehow started to "collect" animals. Currently have 2 ducks and a cat as pets as well as 15 goats. I was tearing a Joey also but he died. He was just too dehydrated when I got him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Hobbies

I don't really have any hobbies. There are things I'd love to get back into but just haven't got around to. I would love to start playing tennis again. Every time I play I think about joining a club again and playing fixtures, but it's hard to fit in with work unless I can pre plan and roster around it. Also it's been hard to consider committing to something physical like that while TTC. I don't want to let other people down because of sickness/pregnancy etc. The other thing I'd LOVE to get back into is singing. I was always in the choir at school and was part of the QPAC choir in Brisbane for a while a few years back. Trouble is most choirs that I can find are quite traditional and do the more traditional choral music, which I don't mind in small doses, but I love the more contemporary stuff. One day I'll pull my finger out haha.

Currently I swim, which is more fitness than hobby, but I do enjoy it. Otherwise does watching tv count as a hobby? It's a good wind down from work lol.

ETA Forgot about DH lol

DH used to be really into photography. He and his best mate would go out and do shoots together all the time. Usually at least once or twice a month they would go out together. Since his mate moved away, he hasn't really done much. It's probably a bit lonely cos they'd often so shoots at night of star trails and such. He also loves Golf. If I'm at work on the weekend he'll often go to the driving range. He's trying to get another mate to pull his finger out and commit to actually playing golf (they used to play heaps in school/teens/early 20s), but since his mate and his wife had a baby (18mo ago), he's really hard to actually contact and pin down to commit to anything. Drives DH bonkers. Even if it was once a month, or even once every 2nd month, he would be happy. Although now his dad has retired, he might go out with his dad a bit.
    Last edited by M'LadyEm; 21-03-2016 at 13:44.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    How is the peacock @Hollywood?
    Very sad to say that he died on the 43 degree day that we had in January (I think that's when it was). I really think he would've been ok if the temperature hadn't gotten so hot, but he was obviously just not well enough to survive those conditions. I was devastated. He was so beautiful. DP says that he wants to build a big aviary here, and we may get another peacock, maybe even a peahen as well to keep it company. We shall see!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    We want to get Isa Browns, apparently they make good pet chooks due to their calm nature, and supposedly are very good layers.

DD is going so well, I'm so very proud of her. As for me, I have no choice but to be strong

I'm so pleased for you all

Yes, the ISA's are great little chooks, and fantastic layers to boot. We had some Rhode Island Reds and some Orpingtons - equally as friendly. Very broody though. Before you know it you have more and more chickens! I'll pre-warn you now - that's a big risk anyway. Chicken math dictates that there is always room for a few more Hope you enjoy them!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blossom74 View Post
    I'm so pleased for you all

Yes, the ISA's are great little chooks, and fantastic layers to boot. We had some Rhode Island Reds and some Orpingtons - equally as friendly. Very broody though. Before you know it you have more and more chickens! I'll pre-warn you now - that's a big risk anyway. Chicken math dictates that there is always room for a few more Hope you enjoy them!
    Yes I've heard that they are addictive! Thankfully our chicken coop is pretty big and they've got 80 acres to scratch around on so space isn't a problem as far as I can see 😬

Thanks
    Reviews
    We’d probably both love to spend more time with hobbies butwith a toddler, work, ivf (and now pregnant) there just isn’t the time (or energy most days!). My DP def gets more time than me for hobbies. He’s restoring a vintage car, he’s quite the handyman so he enjoys spending time building things like vegie patches, restoring furniture pieces, making me stuff I pick out on pinterest hehe. Plus he plays sport once a week and also is an avid footy fan in winter. Now I come to think of it, I really don’t get nearly as much time for mine. I love sewing and also really like going to the movies, especially art house films, getting to the theatre or art gallery and going to music gigs. I also play violin, and sadly not very much at the moment with a small child but I’m hoping to get back into it the next couple of years and play for a community orchestra. These days I barely get time to read a few pages of a book, and I do love reading.

When I’m done having babies I also reeeeally want to have a go at roller derby.

You don’t really need to have a hobby for the sake of it OP but it’s good if you can have some time for things you enjoy? Whatever they might be. I think if your DP gets some time for the things he like, you need to schedule in some down time for yourself as well.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (21-03-2016)