+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My best friend did Gerson therapy. (Google it). She had melanoma at 25 which came back at 31ish. Viciously. Surgery wasn't an option. A very high protocol of immunotherapy type treatment was one option. Juices/Gerson therapy was another. one was going to make her very sick immediately. The other. . Gerson... wouldn't. They (her and her DH) knew that she didn't have a lot of chance with anything. Sadly. She lived in new York at the time. I spent a month pretty much following the Gerson therapy and making her the food and juices because that's what she wished. I didn't really believe in it.
    Sadly she passed away.
    I think these juice therapy things can help make you feel better. .. but shouldn't take the place of proven medicine. In my BFs case. .. she was given a terminal prognosis.

Thanks
    Reviews
    nope, the next 'study' shared will probably claim that the soil the oranges are grown in causes cancer changing to occur if you eat the oranges .. or something

I'd wish I had access to this instead to medicines that will fix it
    Last edited by Nemmi1987; 21-03-2016 at 00:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default Juice cures cancer - really?

## don't quote as I will delete.

Some people will not survive cancer no matter how much main****** medicine is offered and taken. This is a bit raw for me as a close family member is currently in hospital being treated for a severe illness brought on by chemotherapy. He may die from the illness and not from the cancer. Even if he survives this the cancer will kill him.

So I see why people cling to hope in other ways. We may not like it and agree and I hate that people profit from it but I see why it's an option.

If I could dance naked at midnight for a cure who knows what I'd do. Would I say no? Probably not.

Until you're in that position it's really hard to say what you'd do.
    Last edited by Sonja; 21-03-2016 at 00:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And don't forget everyone... cancer is caused by negativity and anger!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I have a friend who went very strange (alternative) and came out one day with 'cancer is a state of mind'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Juice cures cancer - really?

My exH is part of some medical thing that believes that high doses of intravenous vitamin C cures cancer. He claims there are many proven cases. When my DD was diagnosed with cancer last year he kept hassling me and criticising my choice to go ahead with main****** medicine, to the point where my DP was on the verge of telling him to f $ ck off. We even consulted with my social worker as to how to deal with his harassment.

It's all very well to fantasise about miracle natural cures, but when it's your own daughter who has been diagnosed it's a whole different story. No way was I about to ditch proven modern medicine to try vitamin C. Yes, the treatment she is having has made her ill at times, more so than the actual cancer (we caught it before it got really bad), but it is working and the tumour has nearly all gone now (it's apparently completely dead tissue now, any that is left is just being absorbed by her body and is just like a scab).

Anyway so I feel very strongly about those rubbish charlatans who claim to be able to cure cancer like that. I'm very sceptical. However if you were given a terminal diagnosis, I suppose you would possibly try anything if it offered hope. My DD was given a good prognosis, so I was happy to go along with conventional medicine.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Busy-Bee  (21-03-2016),SuperGranny  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Anyone dumb enough to follow this is a perfect example of evolution. Survival of the fittest.

What ****es me off is when parents harm their kids. Like that poor kid in Canada who died of meningitis while his parents fed him maple syrup.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Huge can of worms....

DH was diagnosed 2 years ago. We sought medical advice (and secondary advice, which we took) but also did our own research with regard to the role of diet and other things in cancer growth. We found an excellent book written by a neuro-scientist (all cited and referenced scientific research) about the anti-cancer diet.
    Juicing did not make a mention.
    From the extensive reading I've done on the subject, the whole juicing thing comes from the idea that cancer can not survive in an alkaline environment but thrives in an acidic one. And that by alkalising your body (another area to research - you can alter the ph of your urine but not your blood!), you're making it hard for cancer to survive and grow.
    That said, I am all for anything that makes people sit up and take notice of what they're putting in their mouths as I truly believe it all plays a part. No point getting chemo but continuing smoking a pack a day, and similarly I think for any cancers we need to support our bodies with the best possible nutrition and supporting it with juices, herbs, etc isn't going to do any harm.
    A beautiful young local girl (well known in the natural therapies circle) died last year after a long battle with cancer. She chose gersen therapy (essentially juicing, vegan diet, enemas etc), as did her mum, and they both lost their lives. I am not saying that taking medical advice instead would have saved them - but it could have. It makes me so very sad to see this kind of thing happen.

In our case, DH was able to be fixed with a quick operation and removal of the cancer which thankfully had not spread at all. But we still drink our green juice and tumeric as it can't help if there is any truth in its role in prevention. And avoid lots of red meat etc.

I follow David Wolfe with interest however much of his posts are just to gain followers, IMO. Rarely scientific, ditto with most of the natural circle. Take it all with a grain of (pink Himalayan) salt.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    My exH is part of some medical thing that believes that high doses of intravenous vitamin C cures cancer. He claims there are many proven cases. When my DD was diagnosed with cancer last year he kept hassling me and criticising my choice to go ahead with main****** medicine, to the point where my DP was on the verge of telling him to f $ ck off. We even consulted with my social worker as to how to deal with his harassment.

It's all very well to fantasise about miracle natural cures, but when it's your own daughter who has been diagnosed it's a whole different story. No way was I about to ditch proven modern medicine to try vitamin C. Yes, the treatment she is having has made her ill at times, more so than the actual cancer (we caught it before it got really bad), but it is working and the tumour has nearly all gone now (it's apparently completely dead tissue now, any that is left is just being absorbed by her body and is just like a scab).

Anyway so I feel very strongly about those rubbish charlatans who claim to be able to cure cancer like that. I'm very sceptical. However if you were given a terminal diagnosis, I suppose you would possibly try anything if it offered hope. My DD was given a good prognosis, so I was happy to go along with conventional medicine.
    I canjot imagine how I would feel in that situation.

It's so good to hear your DD is so much better.

Does your exH still believe that Vit C was a better option?

(Also, baffles me as to how Vit C is supposed to help??? Its a vitamin that is expelled by the body if you have enough stores. Its not like it ises more to fight anything...)

Quote Originally Posted by lileitak View Post
    Anyone dumb enough to follow this is a perfect example of evolution. Survival of the fittest.

What ****es me off is when parents harm their kids. Like that poor kid in Canada who died of meningitis while his parents fed him maple syrup.
    Yikes! A lot of people are desperate. Even intelligent people. Especially if it is a terminal diagnosis.

I have not had a diagnosis of cancer so cannot tell you how I would feel/react. But sometimes ANY hope sounds better.

Also, that story about the maple syrup does have another side that you may want to read up on. Seeming as the other side of the story was taking the child to a medical professional many times with no diagnosis.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @twinklify yes my exH still thinks that the vitamin C would've been the better option. He's glad to hear that the chemo has worked well, but he's adamant about the vitamin C. It actually caused me considerable stress when he was making me feel irresponsible for choosing main****** medicine. It angers me that he did that! I feel it would've been irresponsible to use alternative therapies on a cancer that is known to have excellent cure rates and is very survivable!