Temporary tattoos and glitter hairspray. | Page 2 | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 4yo is constantly covered in temporary tattoos, they are her favourite thing. I really don't see a problem. They don't look anything like real tattoos, her current favourites are frozen ones and fairy ones. And my 6yo's school is having crazy hair day next week, so I'm sure there will be a mountain of glitter hairspray getting around there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't have an issue with it.

My DD's have worn glitter hairspray for dance concerts since around that age anyway. It washes out easily, not a big deal.

Mine also loved temporary tattoos around that age.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wouldn't have an issue with it at all. Even if I *did* I'd let it slide for a once off party anyway. As in, if I normally didn't encourage body art for my child, I'd leave her to her own devices to explore at the party. It's temporary and not a serious thing IMO. Not like a little rub off tattoo will turn your kid into a delinquent..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    My daughter is having her 4th birthday soon, so is having a tinkerbell theme. Which I find fantastic! But instead of the $$$$$ of a facepainter on top of everything else I loved the idea of stations... playdough, colouring. As well as a "Smee" tattoo parlor and glitter hairspray as pixie dust (something for boy, girls or bith if they desire!)
    This evening I was told some parents may not like/appreciate these "inclusions"
    I just want to add a bit of fun but also happy to leave it out if it offends. But curious if this is something you would be annoyed at? I am not setting it as a specific area just a station if they stumble to it...
    Please be honest, as in all honesty I would allow my children if they wanted.
    Can I ask who told you the parents would not like it? Was it another parent?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Wouldn't bother me at all. My 2 year has had temporary tattoos and loved them. She had the ones that you can make 3D with a iPhone app. The kids had a ball

As for removing they come off really easily with baby oil. Takes about 60 seconds of wiping and they're off without a trace (my kids school is really strict so not even a trace are allowed).

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have done 2 parties, around 5yo, where I did temp tattoos, glitter hairspray, and/or makeup. One was pirate, the other was princesses.

I asked each parent at drop off if they are ok with each of those things. From memory, everyone said it was ok.
    However I did find that the boys mostly refused. The girls all loved it.

I certainly would have appreciated the heads-up; one of my kids has/d severe eczema and no I would not have allowed temp tattoos (or makeup). Hairspray ok.

So I would ask for permission.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I would have no problem with any of your ideas and think it's great what you're proposing, I think you'll have a very successful party!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Can I ask who told you the parents would not like it? Was it another parent?
    It was actually my dad, I was talking to him about it he told me that some parents may be funny about it.

My 3 year old (birthday girl) has eczema but these don't flare her skin. They use glitter hairspray for dancing and fancy dress and often have to share lol..

Thank you all for advice.
    I think I may ask parents as well as make a note for the door asking if there is any objections.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbaby View Post
    It was actually my dad, I was talking to him about it he told me that some parents may be funny about it.

My 3 year old (birthday girl) has eczema but these don't flare her skin. They use glitter hairspray for dancing and fancy dress and often have to share lol..

Thank you all for advice.
    I think I may ask parents as well as make a note for the door asking if there is any objections.
    Ahhh ok.

Tbh I think it will be fine I hope your DD has fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I don't allow temporary tattoos on my kids. For a party I wouldn't make fuss and I would allow it as part of the party.