+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm fine with siblings coming but I would stress that they would not be catered for.
    I would've taken the kid to the staff and had a call put out for the parents after the car park incident.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, there were three adults who came with the child yet not one bothered to supervise.

I agree i shouldve made a bit of a scene over the carpark incident....but in the moment i felt responsible for the child. i couldn't have forgiven myself had something happened while trying to get someone else (even their parents) to deal with it.

Having the extra head wasn't so bad the way it turned out with catering. it was a package deal $X.00 for anywhere up to a certain number of children. we did invite that many, but a few didn't turn up.however if they all had of turned up *someone * hadto pay for the extra children (they even warned we would have to pay for our 11mnth old)
    I would have been far from impressed if we had to pay extra for children we didn't allow for or invite. (What would you do in that situation??)

Because my thoughts are, where that happens, its upto the parent for bringing extra unaccounted for children. i wouldn't have budgeted for them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont mind extra siblings coming along. But I dont pay for their entry if its at a venue as its just too expensive.
    If I couldnt find the childs parents parents I would have notified staff

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    It really annoys me when we invite a child to my son's parties and parents bring the sibling(s) too - other than babies of course.
    Parties these days aren't cheap - the average I pay is $30 per head, and then add to that party bags, etc, it adds up. I have no problem paying that amount for the family and friends who WE choose to have there, but I'm not happy about having to fork out for siblings who my son isn't friends with. Also, it can really alter the dynamics of a party when uninvited younger or older siblings are present.
    There's a family from kinder who choose to take their older daughters (8 & 10) along to every party that their son is invited to. They then expect that the girls can sit at the party table with all the invited kids and partake of the food, cake etc. In my opinion, it's just so rude and shows a total lack of etiquette and manners.
    if Im expected to stay with my child I have no choice but to bring his brother, their father is unavailable and can barely manage his every other weekend agreement, its not that I am rude or lack manners it is that if I HAVE to stay my ds2 has to as well :/

would I let him run amuck or expect someone else to pay for him at a play center or elsewhere? no way but if I have to stay so does he, if he cant then my ds1 just misses out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post

Having the extra head wasn't so bad the way it turned out with catering. it was a package deal $X.00 for anywhere up to a certain number of children. we did invite that many, but a few didn't turn up.however if they all had of turned up *someone * hadto pay for the extra children (they even warned we would have to pay for our 11mnth old)
    I would have been far from impressed if we had to pay extra for children we didn't allow for or invite. (What would you do in that situation??)

i would've told parents ahead of time only the actual guest children are covered, if you wish to or need to bring siblings that cost is out of your pocket, the play center here has the list of names and checks the kid off at the door, if your kid aint on that list you pay apon arrival

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If I saw a kid a) bullying my child and b) running off into the carpark or else doing something dangerous, and I didn't know who that child belonged to/parents weren't taking care of their own kid, I would go around to each parent in the place until someone claimed him, then I would most likely completely lose my **** at them. The bulling is bad enough, but who the hell is so inattentive to their child that they don't notice that their child has LEFT the venue?

As far as inviting siblings, at a play centre, park etc I wouldn't mind as long as parents pay for the extra kids themselves. If it was a party hosted at my home I simply wouldn't have room for extras and chances are I wouldn't be able to pay for extra food to cater for them so I'd probably have to say no, and I'd most likely put that on the invite.