+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Did you say something to the parents?
    No. it wasnt until the guests were thinning out i realised child x belonged to the group of people sitting on their bums in the party room

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    This isn't a should siblings be allowed issue. This is an issue about parents not watching their kids.

Did you say something to the parents?
    And also an issue about other kids being little thugs, I would have thought? Biting other children? Not on. I am pretty chilled usually, and try not to "helicopter-parent", but if a kid tries to bite another kid, then adult intervention is required, and parent of aforementioned thug advised to reign in their child!

Sent from my SM-N910G using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to J37 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (20-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default issue with sibling of a guest at your child's party?

Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    No. it wasnt until the guests were thinning out i realised child x belonged to the group of people sitting on their bums in the party room
    Hindsight is a wonderful thing... Perhaps next time a very loud "where is your mummy or dad sweety?" Would be helpful (even if you had to say it while doing laps of the joint while holding x's hand).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowangel0205 View Post
    So this child had a 'group' of people with him and not one of them could be bothered keeping an eye on him at all? That's poor form on the parent/s behalf.

The fact that he had run out into a car park (dangerous) and it was up to you to coax him back in makes me actually feel a bit sorry for him. A 3 year old had left the premises alone and his family didn't even notice

His behaviour is a reflection of a lack of supervision. He most likely gets away with being rough at playgrounds all the time as his parents aren't correcting him for it.

I definitely would have let the parents know about the car park incident - that could have ended very badly had you not been there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    So this child had a 'group' of people with him and not one of them could be bothered keeping an eye on him at all? That's poor form on the parent/s behalf.

The fact that he had run out into a car park (dangerous) and it was up to you to coax him back in makes me actually feel a bit sorry for him. A 3 year old had left the premises alone and his family didn't even notice

His behaviour is a reflection of a lack of supervision. He most likely gets away with being rough at playgrounds all the time as his parents aren't correcting him for it.

I definitely would have let the parents know about the car park incident - that could have ended very badly had you not been there.
    Now that you remind me of the carpark incident if I didn't know who the parents were at that point I would have handed the child to staff, told them what happened and said 'you sort it out.'

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

DarcyJ  (24-03-2016),Kimmmm  (23-03-2016),LaDiDah  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    X's parents may find him/her a handful and may have purposely faded into the background to avoid conflict with x??? I know parents who would much rather let others sort out their child's issues- so not fair on the ones doing so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It really annoys me when we invite a child to my son's parties and parents bring the sibling(s) too - other than babies of course.
    Parties these days aren't cheap - the average I pay is $30 per head, and then add to that party bags, etc, it adds up. I have no problem paying that amount for the family and friends who WE choose to have there, but I'm not happy about having to fork out for siblings who my son isn't friends with. Also, it can really alter the dynamics of a party when uninvited younger or older siblings are present.
    There's a family from kinder who choose to take their older daughters (8 & 10) along to every party that their son is invited to. They then expect that the girls can sit at the party table with all the invited kids and partake of the food, cake etc. In my opinion, it's just so rude and shows a total lack of etiquette and manners.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to siansmum For This Useful Post:

BluePixie  (21-03-2016),DarcyJ  (24-03-2016),LaDiDah  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Its not ideal when they bring siblings but I still invite them as I know some parents have no other option for babysitters so I'd prefer at least an extra couple of kids than DS actual friend missing out on coming at all - however if the sibling caused trouble I wouldn't invite them again the next year

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2016),smallpotatoes  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Its not ideal when they bring siblings but I still invite them as I know some parents have no other option for babysitters so I'd prefer at least an extra couple of kids than DS actual friend missing out on coming at all - however if the sibling caused trouble I wouldn't invite them again the next year
    Me too. I don't mind putting on extra food etc.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default issue with sibling of a guest at your child's party?

Quote Originally Posted by siansmum View Post
    It really annoys me when we invite a child to my son's parties and parents bring the sibling(s) too - other than babies of course.
    Parties these days aren't cheap - the average I pay is $30 per head, and then add to that party bags, etc, it adds up. I have no problem paying that amount for the family and friends who WE choose to have there, but I'm not happy about having to fork out for siblings who my son isn't friends with. Also, it can really alter the dynamics of a party when uninvited younger or older siblings are present.
    There's a family from kinder who choose to take their older daughters (8 & 10) along to every party that their son is invited to. They then expect that the girls can sit at the party table with all the invited kids and partake of the food, cake etc. In my opinion, it's just so rude and shows a total lack of etiquette and manners.
    As a single mummy I've got no choice really but to bring both ... But if it's a 'pay per head' thing I'll always pay their way

I don't mind siblings coming... Actually I encourage it - but what I find really wrong in this instance is the lack of supervision. It shouldn't be up to the host to babysit younger siblings ...
    Last edited by Theboys&me; 20-03-2016 at 11:11.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Theboys&me For This Useful Post:

Californication  (20-03-2016),LoveLivesHere  (20-03-2016),Nemmi1987  (20-03-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (20-03-2016)