+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm so glad to hear your news! 😃

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all your responses and supportive remarks ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What great news!!!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
    I had low numbers to begin with- first was just 22, then a few days later it was 89, then 300 hundred something after that, then 800+ (they kept retesting me) I was always just within normal limits but on the lower end. I was very happy that they were increasing and also my HPT's were getting darker all the time.
    I wish now I'd requested an early scan to see what was going on, because sadly the result was an ectopic, which ruptured at 5 weeks 3days. This is just my experience and probably unlikely, but whenever I hear about ladies worried about low HCG levels, I can't help but suggest you get a scan ASAP, just to be safe. Numbers still go up with ectopic so without a scan can be tricky to diagnose.
    I do have a positive story as well though, a friend had a first level of just 19 (even lower than mine) and went on to have a perfectly healthy baby.
    Good luck, ask for a scan if you're at all concerned, it can't hurt x
    Last edited by ~Marigold~; 23-03-2016 at 09:18.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Msrigold, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My Dr mentioned some symptoms to watch out for early on, so far I've not experienced any, but I'm aware it's still a risk so I got another hcg draw today and will get a fifth one done in another week to check how levels are now. Coz of the long weekend I won't have results from today's Tuesday. Going to try have a distracted long weekend in the meantime - tough!! Did you have any obvious symptoms before the rupture? So sorry you had to go through that. X

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Nik199 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Marigold I just read about your symptoms (or lack of) prior to rupture, on another thread. What an ordeal for you. Thank you for sharing - if my hcg are looking low next week I'll request an early scan to rule that out

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik199 View Post
    Thanks Msrigold, and I'm very sorry for your loss. My Dr mentioned some symptoms to watch out for early on, so far I've not experienced any, but I'm aware it's still a risk so I got another hcg draw today and will get a fifth one done in another week to check how levels are now. Coz of the long weekend I won't have results from today's Tuesday. Going to try have a distracted long weekend in the meantime - tough!! Did you have any obvious symptoms before the rupture? So sorry you had to go through that. X
    Thank you. Ectopic is not common and the last thing I want to be is an alarmist, I just think sharing and talking about my experience might prevent someone else having to go through an unnecessary rupture. So many women have low / slow rising levels and go on to have normal, healthy pregnancies. I was just one of the unlucky ones. My main advice would be to just request a scan, just to make sure bubs is where he/she should be.
    I didn't have any stand out symptoms apart from wind like pain and just a constant, heavy feeling from the time I found out I was pregnant. Obviously in the hours leading up to the rupture I had quite intense pain, all on my right side. It all ramped up pretty quickly and I experienced the burst at home and that was bad pain, no bleeding throughout any of it though, which the doctors found strange.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think your being alarmist, it's good to raise awareness of situations that don't fit the norm so others can know and insist on early investigation when things don't look right!

Im relieved to say I just got a nice phone call from my GP who said my hcg today is 1771. Has quadrupled in 4 days. She said no more bloods and wait for my scan, which will be when I'm about 6+5. I'd like to have it at 7 weeks but I'm going interstate day after the scan. I'm hoping these levels are a good sign and we'll see a heartbeat. I know there's a way to go though. Such a testing time this early prego business!!

Thanks again for sharing your story Marigold x

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Nik199 For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (25-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Surry I meant quadrupled in 3 days - tests were 72 hours apart

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just an update for anyone looking at this thread in future, unfortunately low hcg was likely a bad omen for me. Despite a marked improvement in the levels, including doubling in 36 hours and seeing a good strong heartbeat at 6w5d, it was discovered at my 10 week scan yesterday that the baby died at 7w2d. This is my second mmc and I'm devastated. The only signs I had were some brown spotting two days before scan. Glad that there are so many positive stories here, and I hope to have one too one day. I just wish I knew why this was happening. X