Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Two important things
    1) The son is upset
    2) the school has been approached

Our OP has made an effort, it seems the school has not.

There's no offer to make the situation good.

Media is an over reaction ????

Is this not but one step from the media coming here. This is social networking. Many news items come fromm places just like this.

How many times must the school be approached.

Yes the school had been approached. Next could be the education department
    Then the minister

That's all a lot of time and effort that should not have been required in the first place.

It seems to me the OP has tried already with the school
    Ummmm we are talking about a tshirt....

Also the OP said she wasn't happy with the schools response but hasn't said what the response was. Maybe the school is trying to rectify this situation but just not to the OPs liking.

Yes I'd be upset and expecting the school to apologise. I'd like them to reprint the shirts, but schools have limited budgets and if that meant that, for example, the following year didn't get shirts at all, well what about that whole class that misses out.

Although I'm sure Today Tonight would lap the story up!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    Between the lines it seems the schools response was to the effect 'too bad too late'

It is a principle. It should be reprinted.
    agree with this. either way it's a f.ck up and needs to be rectified. I'd be devastated if that happened to me at age 35, never mind at age12-13.

your poor son!

they need to fix it on principle.

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution to this bungle OP X

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to turquoisecoast For This Useful Post:

Blossom74  (19-03-2016),DaveTTC  (19-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It'd be pretty disappointing. I would ask for a new shirt to be printed for my child with their name added to it. I wouldn't be too worried about everyone else's shirts.

What did the school say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    An entire class missing out is much more acceptable.

Some kids might just move on. This boy is upset. In his mind he may feel he had been targeted abd deliberately left out. Other than making aye he is on there nothing may out his mind at ease

If something is not there for anyone so be it. When it might be construed that someone has been deliberately left out our that they are not 'worth' a rectification this is a very different thing.

Things change from year to year. That's life. What kids had one year might not be the next. Likewise kids may get the following year what was not available the last.

We are talking about one child who has clearly been overlooked and left out for whatever reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    If the entire class miss out, I'd think they may blame the OP's son, which wouldn't make him feel better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ideally it would be great if all the shirts were reprinted.
    However if it were me the least they could do is reprint your son's shirt and perhaps another handful for his close friends. This should be at the expense of the school.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

LaDiDah  (19-03-2016),Mod-Degrassi  (19-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mamasupial View Post
    If the entire class miss out, I'd think they may blame the OP's son, which wouldn't make him feel better.
    Talking about the following year. You may need to read back a post or so to get the context

Thanks
    Reviews
    This happened at DDs school in year 6. The school got another set of jumpers I think it was 10 extra ones or something with that child's name on it and the child was able to give it to their closest friends at school.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Janesmum123 For This Useful Post:

DaveTTC  (19-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What did the school say OP?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the replies ladies ☺️

When I approached the I was very civil about it as I am not one to make a fuss.
    I was asked what I would like done, I said I would like the shirts reprinted to include my son. Their answer " well that's not going to happen"
    I was also told " we are not going to make a big deal about it and a big beal will NOT be made of this"
    I saw that as a threat to keep quite about it all.

The school has admitted fault and as a result they will no longer put names on the back of senior shirts in the years to come.

They have offered to reprint 1 shirt for my son with his name but I don't think that is good enough. In years to come when the kids look back at the shirt he will not be on theirs.

There is room on the shirt to have his name added. Is it unreasonable to ask for all the shirts to be returned and sent back to the printers to have his name added?