Feel so overwhelmed | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Feel so overwhelmed

Well I thought I was over the worst but I must have deluded myself. Rather than living day by day thinking of suicide in terms of not just if but when, I had started to plan a future. But it's all come tumbling down and I'm left feeling more of a failure than I ever did. I'm a failure as a person, a friend, my career is down the gurgler because of depression, I'm a crap mum and must be a crap wife too because my dh treats me like crap.
    Saw my doctor and they were concerned about me but with Easter approaching there is limited availability for other appointments so I'm pretty much on my own. I'm not sleeping and everything is pretty much just getting on top of me. I'm also feeling like a monster for dreading the school holidays instead of being all excited about spending time together

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Has something specific happened recently to make you feel this way again?

You're not a failure. I'm sorry your doctor made you feel that way. We are here if you need to talk to someone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I'm sorry you're feeling that way. Has something specific happened recently to make you feel this way again?

You're not a failure. I'm sorry your doctor made you feel that way. We are here if you need to talk to someone.
    It wasn't my doctor that made me feel that way it's just how I've been feeling. It's no one thing but a cumulative effect of lots of things with the sum of them being greater than each of the individual components. An eating disorder I thought I'd laid to rest has resurfaced and I find myself back in very scary territory. I probably didn't help myself by signing up to the weight loss thread... Ah well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    xxxx Hugs op xxxx
    You can get through this, one step at a time.
    I think that all your loved ones want is to see you get better. You are not a failure.
    Please keep posting on bubhub, we are here to offer support or even if you just need a place to express your feelings.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    xxxx Hugs op xxxx
    You can get through this, one step at a time.
    I think that all your loved ones want is to see you get better. You are not a failure.
    Please keep posting on bubhub, we are here to offer support or even if you just need a place to express your feelings.
    All of this.

And, I'd like to add that if your husband is treating you like crap, it's because he's a jerk, not because of you or anything you've done.

Depression is a hard slog. I totally get that you're not looking forward to the holidays. People are hard work when you're in a fog, especially when you feel you're supposed to be acting a certain way.

I know it's hard to get appointments around holidays, but if you feel you are going to self harm, please take yourself to emergency.

Be kind to yourself x

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (20-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    no advice or anything for you, just wanted to let you know that someone else is feeling it too & it totally sucks

10. The Following User Says Thank You to pointless1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pointless1 View Post
    no advice or anything for you, just wanted to let you know that someone else is feeling it too & it totally sucks
    Sorry you are struggling too.

Thanks
    Reviews

What a day. I'd love to say getting some sleep last night helped but today I've found myself in very scary and dangerous territory. I'm safe for tonight but the suicidal feelings are through the roof and I just can't see any way out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Hun is there anyone around who can help? Partner, friend, neighbour?
    Did anything specific happen to day to make things worse?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay safe, OP. Thinking of you.

Maybe contact lifeline 13 11 14 if you feel like things are spiralling.

There is always a way. You just might need some help finding it. Sending hugs xxx

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Lillac  (31-03-2016),VicPark  (19-03-2016)