+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 114 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @obesebaby some cramping is completely normal but severe pain wouldn't be but if it's easing that's a good sign. I'd always check if unsure with your clinic- that's what they're there for and what you pay for.
    Congrats on your 7 eggs, fingers crossed they all make it to fertilisation. Good luck for your news tomorrow. So far I've found waiting for the news of fertilisation to be the worst so try and keep busy waiting for the phone call. Good attitude to have, it is out if our control just stay positive. xx
    @belinda780 congrats on being PUPO! and it's awesome to have 5 on ice. Well done! Will you poas before your BT?
    @obesebaby my transfer was similar to belinda780- just like a Pap smear. Mine was ultrasound guided so I had a nurse doing the ultrasound and the FS down the business end and then the embryologist checks the catheter is clear and they show you your embryo on the ultrasound. I was a bit crampy the day of the transfer but not too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'm with Concept. They have been lovely there. My BT came back and sadly I'm not pregnant. I feel sad but calm, the 14 DW is hard so its almost a relief to know the outcome so I can prepare for the next steps.

The cost has been significant as my health insurance hasn't kicked in yet and I had a Tailored IVF which is $2000 more. So my one egg was an expensive egg😓. Do you know how much a 'normal' round of IVF costs (there seems to be little clear info around this)? My friends remind me that i have saved to use my money for this, but as someone who saves all the time the cost is hard to take!😕 Especially today when there feels like there is nothing to show for it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey obesebaby sorry your egg collection was so painful. With mine I was knocked out, woke up with bad nausea and then the discomfort didn't kick in until the afternoon. Panadol worked but I had mild pain for a couple of days. When I sadly then had my period, the pain in my ovaries kicked in again for 3 days! I don't know if this is due to the area being more sensitive but it wasn't fun!
    I wish you the best with the next step. The implantation parts okay, the 14 DW's hard so keep yourself busy😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham so sorry to hear about your negative BT. Sounds like you're staying strong and you're positive for your next steps.
    With regards to the money spent just think how much you'd spend to get your take home baby. In the scheme of things it might not be so bad. Personally I hate spending the money but if I get a take home baby from it id happily spend more. Its the no guarantee that's difficult.
    My clinic isn't one of the bulk bill ones, I think total cycle cost is approx 12k plus hospital fees. About half of this is claimable through Medicare. So all up out of pocket is roughly 6k per cycle. We can afford to do about 3 cycles at this rate if still no success I might try my luck at a bulk bill clinic. My private health kicks in for IVF in a few months. My FS only works at this particular clinic and that's why we chose it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, I have been a little quiet on here for a few days but there has been plenty of action!

Welcome to the newbies!!! No judgement and plenty of support here! @katham, I am also doing IVF on my own, with an AMH of 3 at 39!! We can do this!!
    @julianicholson, 2 line! Eeek!! So exciting for you. Good luck with your BT tomorrow!!
    @obesebaby, sorry to hear you struggled with your EPU, the rest is easy...well, except the TWW!! That's excruciating!!
    @MrsT2015, welcome to the thread & the TWW. Sounds like you have already had such a rough ride. Fingers crossed for a sticky BFP this round!

AFM, I have been back at work but it has been quite busy so in my rushing around, I have noticed I've been getting tachycardic & short of breath at times! Teemed with mega bloating, I have been recommended to have today off to see how I go. I can barely even take my dog for a walk (whilst I ride slowly) without tiny little hills getting my HR up. Don't feel so bad with it, but probably not good for me!! I have also been POAS rather madly, trying to see the Pregnyl leave my system and maybe see something else show up!! At 7dp4dt and 3dp last Pregnyl, I'm still seeing 2 lines. I'm far too impatient to wait until my BT on Monday!!! The next few days will be the testers. They are correct when they say this process is a roller coaster of emotions. I didn't think I'd be this bad!!! I can't imagine it gets any easier with subsequent rounds. Oh well, as my cousin says "what will be, will be" (she had 7 years of fertility treatments before she had her son).

Good luck & baby dust to all!! xx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - Thanks hun from the 19 that fertilsed last cycle I had 16 at this stage where as 19 are still going this time so thats an improvement, we will see what today brings.
    @kmvw - The darker lines are sounding positive hun very reasurring but sounds like a good plan to go for earlier beta by clinic does a second bt 2 days after first to check doubling.
    @obesebaby - Hope your pain has eased overnight hun and you feel much better. Hoping you get a good fert result today hun and all you can do now is try to stay positive, good luck hun x
    @belinda780 - Congratulations on being PUPO hun thats great news and what a good grade of embryo too hope the crazies stay away in your tww.
    @katham - Sorry to hear you got a bfn hun sounds like you have a good attitude preparing yourself for next steps. The continous money doesn't help at all does it even if you have saved, we have gone well passed our savings now and after 7 rounds of OI, 4 fresh ivf cycles and 4 FET's money is looking very low at the moment its scary!
    @GM9 - oh hun sounds like you need today off work with how you are feeling hope it helps. Hope you see the pregnyl leave your system soon and you get some clearer answers.

AFM - I haven't felt too good overnight, I took some movocol to help things to get moving and within half an hour nausea had set in along with cold sweats and dizziness. On a good note I finally had a bowel movement. I still felt sick this morning but I took some panadol and things have eased a lot. It doesn't really sound like OHSS so wondering if I have picked something up 😳.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (14-06-2016),GM9  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls!
    @jess8383 Any news from your FS?
    @MrsT2015 Welcome! Sounds like you have had quite a journey. Hopefully you are on the home stretch now. GL with the 2WW. What day is your BT?
    @hopefull29 Congrats on your frostie. That must be a relief! Have you decided on a day to POAS?
    @obesebaby Sorry to hear about your traumatic EPU. Hope your feeling better today. Have you heard how your eggs went overnight?
    ET is a walk in the park compared to EPU. I actually find it really exciting! I love seeing our little embies. My DH & I are always in awe of them! My FS always lets me take a photo. I've been known to spend a good part of the 2WW just staring at pics of our embies 😳.
    @kmvw the wait must be so hard! Great that your POAS is getting darker. I too would be pushing for an early Beta...
    @belinda780 Congrats on being PUPO & your 5 frosties. Awesome news!! GL w the 2WW.
    @GM9 Enjoy your rest. Sounds like you really need it! Pregnyl is the worst :/ I've done 3 FETs with it & I've POAS every time. I find it's almost all gone ~ 4dp last injection (super faint FRER). All the best! I hope your 2nd line starts getting darker.
    @katham Sorry to hear you weren't successful this round. Sounds like you've got the right mindset & your looking forward thinking about next steps.
    We're out of pocket ~$2600 for each fresh cycle & ~$1200 for each FET. Thankfully we have private health & our Medicare safety net has come into effect. Hollywood charges ~$11000 for a fresh cycle & ~$2600 for a FET. It sucks having to pay every month but it's our best chance at a family so we just do what we need to do & try to keep looking forward.
    @Heyside sorry to hear you haven't felt well overnight. It's a good sign that the panadol is having some effect. How is the nausea? Is it affecting your ability to take fluids? Good move with the Movacol. So important to keep on top of the constipation!
    Sounds like your embies are doing well. Your best cycle yet? Hopefully this is the last one!

AFM- I just had my day 14 scan & BT. Lining is 11mm. Just waiting on BT results. All going well we'll be transferring next Tuesday. I'm actually reconsidering my FS's offer of a double transfer 😬.
    Trying a new acupuncturist today. Will keep you all posted!
    Lots of love xx

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

GM9  (14-06-2016),Heyside  (14-06-2016),jess8383  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GM9 hope you're feeling better after some rest! Take it easy- it's not worth pushing yourself.
    I hope those two lines are positive! I'm not sure how long pregnyl normally takes to leave your system? I've poas a few times (last was 2 days ago) to try work out when my trigger will leave my system. Still had a faint line but heaps lighter so I'm hoping I can test for real soon. I'm only 4dp3dt so still have a bit to wait but can't wait until I can start testing! 9 days until BT. Can't come quick enough!
    @Heyside 3 extra this time is a good sign! Sorry to hear you weren't well last night but glad you're starting to feel better today. I hope you haven't picked anything up but then that might be better than OHSS.

Hope all the other ladies are travelling ok xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks @Muchulu1 and @hopefull29 for the info on my sickness. I just spoke with the nurse and she isn't concerned at all and seems to think that its just the effect of finally having a bm on my system. Things have definately improved since this morning and I am just keeping up with fluids and some panadol which is helping and nausea is easing. Finding food is helping to settle my stomach too.

We have had a bit of a drop of with our embies and lots are either unchanged or down graded but I am still pretty happy as its an improvement on last cycle. We have 5 morulas at this point (last cycle we had none as they were all behind), we have two that will hopefully be morulas by later today and then maybe two more that are behind that. All planned for FET tomorrow just hoping our little frostie is nice and strong and survives.
    @Muchulu1 - Your lining sounds great hun you must be so happy with that. Hope things continue to go well and all goes well for transfer Tuesday. Do you have one more scan before you start progesterone? Hope all goes wellwith your new acupuncturist x

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

@Muchulu1 sorry I think we posted at the same time so missed your post until my emails told me.
    Thanks, it's a huge relief to have a frostie. I'm home bored at lunch time so decided to poas and my trigger is fully out of my system now! I think I'll test for real over the weekend but that may still be too early. Will have to wait and see I guess.
    Hope the acupuncture session goes well!

Those ladies that do poas early how early do you normally do it? I'm getting on off ovary cramps. Hoping it's a good sign! Probably over thinking any little twinge though lol
    Last edited by hopefull29; 14-06-2016 at 14:30.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (14-06-2016)