+ Reply to Thread
Page 93 of 114 FirstFirst ... 43839192939495103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside, hopefully no drop off today but it's nice to be realistic makes the news of them dropping off a bit easier. I hope they don't drop off at all or very minimally if they do. xx

My embryologist called me this morning, we have 1 expanded blastocyst on ice now. Such a relief to have a back up "just incase" but hopefully for baby number two.
    Today is 6 days post EPU 3days post transfer and I've had some cramping going on. I think I must just be super sensitive to any slight twinge down there. I also woke up a few times with ovary twinges through the night. I think I'm going to go insane over the next week and a bit. Haha.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (13-06-2016),julianicholson  (14-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (13-06-2016),Muchulu1  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fantastic news @hopefull29 you must be so relieved to have that back up. Hoping those twinges are a great sign hun and bub is settling in good luck.

Afm - I still have 19 embryos hanging on in there, they are of varying quality with 10 having between 7 and 11 cells and being of average grading or just above 1 is compacting. I then have 6 embryos with 6 cells with average or just below grading. The remaining 3 have less cells and lower grading. We will see what tomorrow brings but very happy so far 😊.

I was encouraged to start the movocol for my constipation (sorry tmi) by the nurse today just to make sure I am over this bloat for wednesday so will go via the chemist later to get some 😳.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (13-06-2016),Muchulu1  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    just some update on my EPU this morning, not to scare anyone that doing it for first time but I was in alot of pain. everything was fine with the speculum the needle for sedation everything was good until half way thru ( i have about 10 follicle to drain) i started to feel strong cramp. But because I am such a small person the FS only use 1/4 of the medication and could have been stronger. But I still trying to be brave and bare with it.

After the collection I was wheel to recovery room for about 45 mins to rest while hubby provide his sample. Nurse gave me 2 pain killer and I took a short nap, it was better then until we went to the chemist and collect crinone varginal gel then walk back to the car. the strong cramping came back. it feels like a period cramp but very strong one. I almost curl myself in a ball and also the car ride doesn't help made me had a bad motion sickness ( nurse said its normal to feel nausea after pain killer) I had to get hubby to pull car aside and I vomit. sorry for TMI but the bitter taste of mouth is so disgusting...

Anyway finally I got home jump into the bed and keep having the cramp but couldn't take anymore pain killer as needed to wait for another 4 hours and every minute was feel like dying.

Every 10 mins I asked hubby is it 4 hours yet? is it 4 hours yet? and finally I took second dose of pain killer and took a decent nap and now woke up feeling much better.
    So my conclusion is the procedure was fine but the after cramp was the part that kills me. Pray to god I really don't have to do this again. and hope to get a good result on the first go !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @obesebaby - Sorry to hear your experience today was so traumatic sounds like you really went through it hun. If you are still suffering I would try and contact your clinic for some advice before they close. Have you used a heat pack? Its usually one of the first ty hings I get given when I wake up from the anesthetic and it works a treat. Really hoping that is your one and only egg collection which ends in a good result x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside thanks Hun. Such a relief! Sounds like your embies are still going good!
    So you normally get this many that are still going? I hope your bloat goes away soon.
    @obesebaby sorry to hear this. Sounds a bit nasty. Did they give you any explanation as to why the cramping is so intense? As heyside said I'd try contact the clinic if it's still that bad. Hopefully you're back to normal tomorrow!
    Did you get any news on the eggs today? Were they able to get the 10?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to all the new members, I hope your journey is a short one. @obesebaby I admire all the women who have a local, I'm way too much of a sook not to be knocked out. I'm glad it's over for you, hopefully you feel better tomorrow. @Heyside your embies sound like they're doing all the right things, my daughter wasn't a great grade and this one I'm pregnant with was a b grade. Oh and my daughter is 3.5

Waiting is so hard, I have to wait until Friday for a repeat beta and I'm not coping with it at all. I poas today just to make sure the line is getting darker and it appeared instantly and is really dark so that's eased my mind a little. I'm ringing the clinic tomorrow to see if I can go earlier for another beta.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside I did use a heat pack all the way through, thanks god now pain level subsided I would say 5/10 pain now and will take one more dose pain killer before I go to bed. FS said the pain will dramatically decreased when I wake up tomorrow.

@hopefull29 the cramping apparently is normal also because my medication started to ware out on the way home plus the bumpy car ride everything adds up. FS said after all it’s a surgery and you have needle pieced thru ovaries so expected the tender and sore feelings will last for a few days. I just hope tomorrow when I wake up the pain level will further reduce by half as its extremely hard to ignore my 2.5yo DS and can’t do much lucky hubby was very supportive in doing all house core, cooking dinner, washing dishes etc.

Oops I was too held up by the pain and forgot to report about the eggs status. I got 10 eggs out but only 7 is good size, and scientist come back to tell me maybe only half will make it to fertalisation. I was a bit disappointed with the little numbers, but scientist said it’s too early to tell now everything is only estimated, they don’t touch or check it until after tonight as minimum disturbance is beneficial for the eggs. I keep telling myself what’s ever result is out of our control. Just be positive but without too much expectation.

@kmvw thanks! Have my finger and toes crossed this is the only and last time I have to go thru this!! Good luck with your Friday beta test, but advice is maybe focus on yourself on a funny movie or drama and don’t think too much don’t test anything. I haven’t poas for a long time for the pasted 2 yrs that I have been TTC knowing that it will only make me more stress and moody.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @obesebaby Sorry to hear you had a tough time today and are in pain. Hopefully it will subside for you by the morning.

Just an update on me ladies, I had a 5AA grade hatching blastocyst transferred today so I'm officially joining the PUPO club! Also pleased that we have 5 nice ones to freeze!

Wishing all the best for those having scans, EPU, transfers and blood tests this week ☺

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to belinda780 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (14-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (14-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @belinda780 woo hoo I am so happy for you hope this one sticks and finger and toe crossed a beautiful baby is coming your way!
    can you share some info on the transfer? please tell me its painless and nothing like what I experience today!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by obesebaby View Post
    @belinda780 woo hoo I am so happy for you hope this one sticks and finger and toe crossed a beautiful baby is coming your way!
    can you share some info on the transfer? please tell me its painless and nothing like what I experience today!
    Thank you! The transfer for me was perfectly fine. Just felt a bit like a pap smear as they have to use the speculum to get where they have to go. Didn't even realise when the embryo went in! Certainly no pain and was in and out in about an hour! Hopefully it will be just as smooth and painless for you.