+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 114 FirstFirst ... 42829091929394102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    When the FS explained that I had a low egg count, 2.9, she discussed that using an embryo might be my only option. The next test I was 5.3 so IVF was provided and I was prioritized for treatment because of my age and egg count. So i am now using donor sperm but am still on the waitlist for embryos in case my own eggs don't work. This option was really scary at first and then I was amazed that people (couples and families) would donate their embryos. How amazing it is that people who have had the IVF journey can be so genourous and share their eggs to help someone else become a parent😄 If this ends up being the option for me I will always be grateful for the decision they made, for me it seems such a loving gesture. The embryo waitlist is also shorter than the sperm donor waitlist!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops i didn't answer your question. People can choose to donate their embryos that they are not planning to use. It can stay anonymous until the child is 16 or you can choose to communicate earlier with the recipient and child. And Egg donation only occurs very occasionally so unless a friend or family member donates there would be years of waiting. 😃

4. The Following User Says Thank You to katham For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    Just out of curiosity, has anyone else on here had cancelled cycles? What were the reasons if you have? This waiting game is getting harder and harder! I can't wait to start again!
    Hi @jess8383 I haven't had a cancelled cycle but I have had a cancelled transfer. I was in recovery post EPU & they told me that I would be doing a 'freeze all' + 1 full cycle break because I was at a high risk of developing OHSS. Although I was very disappointed it was for the best because I ended up getting the dreaded OHSS.
    Are you concerned you will have a cancelled cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @katham welcome! I'm in Perth too😊. Good on you for going it alone. I know there are a few other BH girls doing the same.
    What clinic are you at? I know Hollywood have a fertility support group. I haven't been to the group but I've heard it's a regular thing.
    I personally find this thread & my DH to be the best support. IVF is such a divisive topic & I haven't really found support elsewhere. It's great that your friends & family are supportive! IVF can be a bit of a journey & good support makes all the difference.
    GL with your BT tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    Hi @jess8383 I haven't had a cancelled cycle but I have had a cancelled transfer. I was in recovery post EPU & they told me that I would be doing a 'freeze all' + 1 full cycle break because I was at a high risk of developing OHSS. Although I was very disappointed it was for the best because I ended up getting the dreaded OHSS.
    Are you concerned you will have a cancelled cycle?
    My very first cycle was cancelled a week ago (on day 9) due to poor response. I'm so impatient as the wait to get to that point was agonising! My FS can't work out what went wrong and why my response was so poor. I'm seeing him Tuesday to see if he's worked it out and to work out next steps. I'm so keen to go again straight away.

They're very good at keeping us safe I've noticed. It's comforting to know I'm in good hands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @jess8383 that must be so frustrating!! I feel for you. Waiting sucks. So much waiting with all this IVF business!
    No doubt your FS will have some answers for you on Tuesday. The first cycle is always a bit of a test run & 'poor response' isn't uncommon. Hopefully you'll be able to get straight back into it with a more tailored protocol.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

jess8383  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, It's my first time sharing after reading so many of the forum pages, thanks for reading and sharing your stories. So great to see people who actually understand what ivf is really like, the support on here is amazing! None of my family or friends have really struggled to fall pregnant, so as much as they try to be supportive they often either keep their distance because they don't know what to say/ how to act or they say something unhelpful and upsetting.
    I had a 5dt 11/6 and am now playing the waiting game!
    Here's my story so far: I have PCOS & we have been trying for a baby for over 2 years,
    - We conceived on my 3rd cycle of clomid but lost the baby at 12weeks in May last year 😢
    - Went on to have 5 d&c's in 2015 for RPOC & lining issues.
    - 1st cycle IVF last year, 14 eggs, 7 fertilised, 1 fresh 5dt, BFN.
    - FET cycle early 2016, only 1 frozen embryo but assured it was a "perfect" 6AA. Failed thaw & no other frozen embies 😭.
    - Took timeout, back to clomid for 3months while I tried supplements, metformin, acupuncture & diet changes.
    - Second IVF stim cycle, ended in a freeze all due to high risk OHSS, 20 eggs, 19 mature, 17 fertilised (ICSI), 3 frozen at Day 3, 8 frozen at day 5! Had a uterine scratch on Day 21
    - 1 x 5dt 11/6 (first choice embryo failed thaw)
    And now begins the wait 😬

Good luck to everyone 🙏

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsT2015 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (14-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @katham welcome to the group! This is my first cycle and I've found this group to be amazing. So much support. And personally I'm more comfortable opening up in this group than I would be in person. Wishing you all the best with your cycle! Good on you for going at this alone!
    @MAQ247 congrats on your first needle! It's an exciting step. Glad it didn't hurt!
    @jess8383 good luck on Tuesday. Fingers crossed your FS has some answers.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

jess8383  (13-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsT2015 welcome. Thank for sharing your journey. It sounds like you've gone through a lot to get here. I had a 3 day transfer on the 10/6 so also early into the TWW. Will you poas before your blood test?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @julianicholson - Can relate to you not being overly confident until bt but your first hurdle is over which is great and with a non medicated cycle things are sounding positive, good luck for Wednesday hun x
    @katham - Welcome hun, good luck for tomorrows bt, hoping you get a beautiful bfp. So strong of you to be going through this alone, this thread is a great olace for support we will all be here to encourage you along the way if you need it. Its such a frustrating and crazy place to be in your tww hun the hormones and medications dont help at all. If you feel you need to speak to someone face to face have you maybe thiught of seeing a counselor for support your clinic might be able to suggest someone. Its great you have a back up plan with donor embryos if needed but can understand you trying firstly with your own eggs.
    @MAQ247 - You must count down the days to your DH's return hopefully the time goes quickly. Yes its frustrating starting with big numbers of eggs and only ending up with few embryos, hopefully you get a good haul x
    @jess8383 - Sorry to hear your first cycle was cancelled but as has been said the first onr can be a trial run. The waiting is the worst, hopefully time goes quickly and you can get going again.
    @MrsT2015 - Welcome hun, it sounds like you have had a very long and difficult journey, unfortunately lots of ladies in here can probably relate and its a good place to come for support from ladies who know what you are going through. Hoping your tww goes quickly and you get a beautiful bfp as a result it will be well deserved x

Afm - Just rang for my update and results are not yet in for today. Yesterday we still had 19 most with 2,3 or 4 cells and 1 with 5 and 1 with 6. Will see what happens with the drop off today.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (13-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (13-06-2016)