+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,
    Anyone had any light brown discharge CD13? I'm doing a HRT FET this cycle. I'm on 3x4mg Progynova. I'm freaking out. I hope I'm not going to have a cancelled cycle :/ Just called the nurse. She told me to come for a scan & BT Monday. Eek!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry just need to vent...

I have been pretty level headed about IVF this time round. I know how lucky I am and I'm always grateful for what I have.
    Did a mini winge to someone who has no empathy and was told...
    That I'm lucky I'm in a country where IVF is possible
    Money can be re earned (she has heaps!)
    I need to just stay positive (she is always so negative)

Coming from someone who dramatizes everything!

E.g. her first pregnancy she called me crying about how quickly she fell pregnant...knowing about us and IVF.
    That's just one example...I have sooo many!

I see a psychologist who has been fab. She's helped me understand that this person is used to taking in this relationship and it might take years to retrain our relationship. I keep trying tho. Every time something is happening with me she has something and it's always bigger. When really she's had a good life. She would really struggle with IVF. And I hear of all the struggles you ladies go through and with such dignity and it makes me even more mad...she is so ungrateful and wouldn't know what real pain feels like.

Have any of you ended relationships because they've been too taxing?
    What about if they're family?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by belinda780 View Post
    @Muchulu1 Thank you! It will be a fresh transfer at Day 5 as long as embies make the distance. First ivf cycle and 8 have fertilised so far, 4 normal and 4 ICSI! Will hopefully know more tomorrow. @Heyside Thanks so much for your advice on the crinone. Just did my first dose and wasn't too bad, just hope I don't get too many side effects! I have heard so much about this Warren, he must be amazing! Is he in Brisbane? Maybe I could go and see him if no luck!
    Sounds like you had a full on day. Hope you are able to get some rest
    Those numbers sound great. Have you heard how they went over night?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    Hi girls,
    Anyone had any light brown discharge CD13? I'm doing a HRT FET this cycle. I'm on 3x4mg Progynova. I'm freaking out. I hope I'm not going to have a cancelled cycle :/ Just called the nurse. She told me to come for a scan & BT Monday. Eek!
    Nope sorry I haven't had that. Did the nurse say what it could be? Are you in WA? No long weekend this weekend.
    Good luck, hope it stops over the weekend X

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @SurferGalGC - Great that you are becoming so good with the injections its funny what becomes second nature. Hope all goes well heading to EPU, 10 good sized follies is great sounds like got your dose just right, good luck x
    @kmvw - My clinic dont test until 14dp5dt due to the pregnyl boosters and that's when they like it to be above 100. Looking at your numbers they could definitely get past that in next few days so try to stay positive. Its a shame they dont do another bt two days after first so you coukd check doubling rate. If you are concerned and want an earlier bt you could see your gp. Yes we are ttc no.2 here and have been for the past 3 years 😳. It seems we will have a huge gap between DD and no.2 now as she is 5, how old is your little one?
    @obesebaby - Good luck with scan and bt, hope all goes well for trigger and EPU. I can understand you being quiet about the ivf this time around hun but I am sure you can open up to your mum without letting everyone know she will understand too why you want to keep things low key. That lining is amazing hun I have lining envy haha! I can only dream about a lining of 12mm.
    @hopefull29 - I can definitely relate to testing before bt, I need to be prepared too. Sorry that my comment swayed you some but I am glad you are pleased with your final decision, triplets can happen and sometimes quads but not iften I dont think but we have to be happy with every possible outcome at transfer. I watch the videos on youtube of the couple in America who transfered 2 embryos and had an outcome of quads - 'The gardener quad squad', check it out, lets just say they lead very busy lives. Great news you have a chance of a frostie x
    @belinda780 - Great numers of fertilised embies hun fingers crossed for you. No worries woth the crinone info hun hope it goes ok for you, it is definitely more convenient, think thats why my clinic start you on pesseries after epu and gradually replace with more crinone. Yes Warren is in Brisbane and very popular I like the risks he is prepared to take with my pcos and high amh as my last clinic were very cautious but as he says I will always be as risk of overstimulation so there is no point in cancelling a cycle as the same is likely to happen again. If you are definately considering seeing him get in now hun, my friend rang up a month ago and cant get in until next April, even if you dont want to cycle with him yet he could be your back up if things dont work with your current clinic.
    @Muchulu1 - Sorry to hear about your light brown discharge hun. This happened to me in a hrt cycle. I was at my old clinic at the time who where very conservative about it did a scan an kept a close eye on things, luckily it sorted itself as my cycle went through. I know that Warren would boost your progynova though and probably add in some extras. In my last ivf cycle after using a lupron trigger he had me take extra progynova vaginally to give the estrogen a direct boost where it was needed. Good luck hun hope it sorts itself.
    @lotsathoughts - so sorry to hear you are dealing with such an insensitive friend who seems to have no idea what you are going through. Its not quite the same situation but I have a friend who is pregnant at the moment (she doesn't know about our ivf journey so i suppose I cant complain too much) and she has done nothing but complain since getting pregnant. She complains about the cost of seeing her ob, back pain, sickness, tiredness, clothes etc etc she is draining to be around so I have distanced myself from her as it is just too hard. Her latest complaint is the fact she has been told by her ob that she needs to use fortnightly pessaries (yes once a fortnight) to stop her from going into early labour like she did with her DD, I would do anything to keep my bub safe and inside me for longer but she finds the whole concept 'unnatural' and 'discusting' so at the moment is saying she wont do it. If I were you hun I would take a step back from this friend she should be more considerate knowing what you are going through, you have to look after yourself now x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Afm - I felt really bloated last night and I had discomfort under my ribs and difficulty with breathing, this is normal for me. Happy to say it has eased this morning and I actually feel back to normal (touch wood). I took some panadol as a precaution last night but leaving it today until I feel I need it, dont think I will be needing the strong stuff from my anesthetist. I rang Warren this morning and apparently out of the 29 eggs 25 where usable and 19 have fertilised, we are happy with that as its more than we expected. He told me to ring the scientists tomorrow for another update with them being in the embryoscope but thinking I may wait until Monday and speak to the nurses.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

GM9  (12-06-2016),julianicholson  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Heyside View Post
    Afm - I felt really bloated last night and I had discomfort under my ribs and difficulty with breathing, this is normal for me. Happy to say it has eased this morning and I actually feel back to normal (touch wood). I took some panadol as a precaution last night but leaving it today until I feel I need it, dont think I will be needing the strong stuff from my anesthetist. I rang Warren this morning and apparently out of the 29 eggs 25 where usable and 19 have fertilised, we are happy with that as its more than we expected. He told me to ring the scientists tomorrow for another update with them being in the embryoscope but thinking I may wait until Monday and speak to the nurses.
    Wow that's an amazing result! Fingers crossed for more positive news in the next few days!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jess8383 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

Sorry for my lack of posting - My parents are still away overseas, my hubby has flown back to work and needless to say working full time for the past two weeks with a 3 year old in tow has been challenging!!!

After being 5 days late (I have been late once in my life!) I am finally cycle day 1 today and start my needles tomorrow. The nurse is going to double check my dosage though - I mentioned that my FS said my dose was going to be 300iu and that their forms said 150iu. She went and checked and said that he had written 300iu on the forms and even she agreed it was crazy. Last cycle I was on 300iu and has 14 eggs retrieved, we ended up with 5 embryos. She is going to let me know this afternoon if he decides to increase it.
    @Heyside - What an AMAZING haul of eggs!!! You might get a whole soccer or netball team from them!
    @lotsathoughts - Sorry to hear how hard it is for you. I have a friend that is much the same, i've given up telling her anything now.

I'll come back later and do some more personals (at work at the moment). I hope everyone has a great weekend. We had our long weekend last weekend here in WA so I hope all you east coaster's have a lovely extended rest xx

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MAQ247 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (12-06-2016),julianicholson  (11-06-2016),laugo  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts you could be talking about my once very close friend! It's horrible I know too well how you're feeling. I decided to end that friendship. We still talk when we see each other however I would never ever call her or organise a 1 on 1 catch up anymore. She once said to me about another close friend doing IVF that babies are expensive anyway so might as well get used to spending money. It made me so angry.
    I have another friend who insists to anyone who'll listen she wasn't even trying to fall pregnant when she told me the struggles they were having when I opened up to her. She will still to this day deny they were trying and it just happened. I'd like to throw something at her. Lol.
    I also had another friend tell me how disgusting clomid is (when I told her I was on clomid) and it was unnatural and things happen for a reason don't try and change things.
    Clearly i need new friends haha. These are all the main reasons we've only told family about IVF. When we can finally announce our pregnancy I will be very blunt about all the hurtful things people have done/said to try save someone else from experiencing the same.
    Vent away Hun. I'm sure we all have these toxic people in our lives. It's how you deal with them that really matters. Personally I keep my distance.
    @Heyside I'll have to check out YouTube. Gosh I didn't even think of quadruplets lol 😂
    Glad you're feeling better today. Congratulations on an awesome fertilisation rate. You must be stoked!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (11-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 sorry to hear about the discharge. Fingers crossed its nothing and you can carry on with your cycle xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (11-06-2016)