+ Reply to Thread
Page 86 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @kmvw, woohoo!!! Officially UTD!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @GM9 good news about your embies catching up. It's nice to know there's backup.
    @julianicholson and @hopefull29 I have to admit I can go a bit crazy googling. It's ridiculous.
    But I have been getting into my meditation app so I'm hoping that evens out my crazy. ??? Yes??
    😂

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

GM9  (10-06-2016),hopefull29  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @julianicholson I'm dying to hear those new symptoms. Up to you if you want to feed my addiction or not. Haha 😂👌🏼

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, I'm jumping across from another thread where I recognise a few of you ❤️

I'm 32, and have a naturally conceived 5yo DD. After trying for over 12 months we began investigations in Jan this year and finally started our first ICSI cycle 2 weeks ago. This unfortunately was cancelled due to an unexplained poor response with other issues. Apparently I'm a medical mystery according to my FS. Our primary issue which led us to ICSI is male factor with highly fragmented DNA. I have a good AMH and patent tubes. I'm heading up to see my FS on Tuesday to work out next steps. It's been a very long, frustrating journey and the cancellation has only added to that!

So, nice to meet you all and looking forward to learning off you guys

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jess8383 For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts meditation/yoga help me heaps, as does acupuncture, it totally cancels out the crazy (or so I tell myself)......

In terms of symptoms not necessarily new perhaps but just pointing them out as they had been happening too me which gets my hopes up which makes me nervous, like the sleeplessness (I wake up between 1 and 2 am and can't get back to sleep until 4ish), the cervical mucus, the twinges vs stabs vs cramps, the lower back pain, the constant thirst, etc etc.

On another note, I was wondering if any of you or people you know have ever experienced facial numbness during the IVF process? Since 2 days after I started my injections (21st of April) one side of my face and parts of my scalp has lost sensation and in a sense is numb. My muscle function is still normal so it isn't Bels Palsy.

I have been to the doctor and had MRIs and now on the wait list for neurologist, but have my appointment in July. I mentioned it to my masseuse and she mentioned that she knew of one other person who was going through IVF who had similar issues..... If anyone knows anything keen to hear. At the moment the only real option my GP has given me is MS...
    Last edited by julianicholson; 10-06-2016 at 18:54.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    @lotsathoughts meditation/yoga help me heaps, as does acupuncture, it totally cancels out the crazy (or so I tell myself)......

In terms of symptoms not necessarily new perhaps but just pointing them out as they had been happening too me which gets my hopes up which makes me nervous, like the sleeplessness (I wake up between 1 and 2 am and can't get back to sleep until 4ish), the cervical mucus, the twinges vs stabs vs cramps, the lower back pain, the constant thirst, etc etc.

On another note, I was wondering if any of you or people you know have ever experienced facial numbness during the IVF process? Since 2 days after I started my injections (21st of April) one side of my face and parts of my scalp has lost sensation and in a sense is numb. My muscle function is still normal so it isn't Bels Palsy.

I have been to the doctor and had MRIs and now on the wait list for neurologist, but have my appointment in July. I mentioned it to my masseuse and she mentioned that she knew of one other person who was going through IVF who had similar issues..... If anyone knows anything keen to hear. At the moment the only real option my GP has given me is MS...
    I did get some right side numbness near my jaw and neck but it didn't last. That was after Elonva. I thought it was a coincidence

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    I did get some right side numbness near my jaw and neck but it didn't last. That was after Elonva. I thought it was a coincidence
    @jess8383 that is interesting. Mine started as tingling in my lip and rapidly progressed. The level of numbness increases when I am tired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by jess8383 View Post
    Hi ladies, I'm jumping across from another thread where I recognise a few of you ❤️

I'm 32, and have a naturally conceived 5yo DD. After trying for over 12 months we began investigations in Jan this year and finally started our first ICSI cycle 2 weeks ago. This unfortunately was cancelled due to an unexplained poor response with other issues. Apparently I'm a medical mystery according to my FS. Our primary issue which led us to ICSI is male factor with highly fragmented DNA. I have a good AMH and patent tubes. I'm heading up to see my FS on Tuesday to work out next steps. It's been a very long, frustrating journey and the cancellation has only added to that!

So, nice to meet you all and looking forward to learning off you guys
    Hi Jess welcome to this group. Your wait is exhausting, especially after everything you've endured before it. Hopefully Tuesday brings a new plan with some renewed hope...and less waiting.
    @julianicholson nope I haven't had any experience with facial numbness and IVF. I had some numbness in my jaw, gums once and it turned out to be sinus related. Maybe that could be a path to consider. IVF messes with your gut and gut links into sinuses...?? Other than that small link I'm of no help.

Thanks for those symptoms...I've had non of those yet...😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    My mum was diagnosed with MS last year so hoping it's not that. Neurologist will hopefully cross that off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls!

This thread is moving fast today!
    @hopefull29 congrats on being PUPO! for a BFP & a frostie. I totally understand why you got cold feet over the double transfer when they mentioned triplets! I was exactly the same. Twins great, triplets . My FS said that if we do a double & then one embryo splits he would be recommending reducing the pregnancy to ensure the safety of myself & 2 of the babies. That would be such a hard decision to be faced with, I wouldn't wish it upon anyone! I think he said it happens to 3 in 100?
    @kate124 All sounds very promising! Haha i love your DH's response. Good luck tomorrow. It must be a very anxious wait!
    @positive vibes Welcome!! I totally relate to how you've been feeling. I was much the same before we started IVF. I felt quite relieved when we were finally able to start. Hopefully your journey is short & sweet! Sounds like your mentally prepared. Do you have a start date for stims?
    @mrsthomo Wishing you a good nights sleep. What did the doc say?
    @belinda780 GL for monday's ET. Is this a FET?
    @Heyside OMG 29!!! WHOA. How are you feeling? Are you still going to be able to transfer your frostie next week? Fx your entire family is in this haul!! Hugs xx
    @lileitak AF where are you!! So much waiting with all this IVF business...
    @kmvw CONGRATULATIONS!!!! How many DPO are you? Hope the week passes quickly. xx
    @julianicholson I hope your ok. I haven't had any experience with facial numbness. Sorry i can't shed any light on the issue :/
    @GM9 Congrats on your 2 snow babies!! YAY!!
    @lotsathoughts What is your meditation app? I wouldn't mind giving it a try. Anything to help calm me down!
    @jess8383 Welcome!! Sorry to hear of your cancelled cycle. That just plain sucks. Im a medical mystery too. I feel your frustration! Hopefully your FS can shed some light on the situation come Tuesday.
    @SurferGalGC How are did your scan go?

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

GM9  (10-06-2016),hopefull29  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016)