+ Reply to Thread
Page 83 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey everyone, I'm not someone who has posted much lately as I've needed a break from this crazy IVF ride. Quick rundown: After being diagnosed with male factor issues after years of trying naturally we were lucky enough to fall pregnant on our first ICSI cycle with our son and froze four day 5 blastocysts. I know how blessed we are to have him every day.
    Over the last 7 months we have been trying again and after 3 failed FET cycles we decided to use our last egg. Knowing we weren't going to be able to afford to go another full cycle for a long time. Hours before our final transfer I got my period - very random and with no explanation so after an emergency call was made the egg wasn't thawed and we put it off for a few more months until my cycle got back on track (they had done a D&C). This month we transferred that last egg and I am 9dp5dt and hadn't tested as I was so scared to see yet another negative. I decided to test tonight before the blood test tomorrow, and was so nervous I pee'd on the test without removing the plastic lid! Managed to save that and after waiting 3 minutes and sobbing on the kitchen table I made my husband look and he said 'what does two lines mean?' So technically I'm pregnant and I just can't believe it. I've had mild cramps, have felt tired and peeing lots at night but just thought that was from the steroids I'm on.
    I just wanted to post this story because I'm hoping it has a happy ending and I know I like reading about happy endings xo

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kate124 For This Useful Post:

belinda780  (10-06-2016),GM9  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (10-06-2016),mrsthomo  (10-06-2016),sumteng  (10-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - No hun I will want to be at home to recover just didnt want to stress out getting to the hospital tomorrow as we live over an hr and a half away which in peak hour traffic can take and extra hr.

I would ask their opinion tomorrow and go with your gut feeling hun! I have to tell you the story of our last transfer, we had persuaded Warren to put two of our frosties back in out fet. When it came to transfer the scientist explained that one had started to split and we had a high chance of it resulting in twins and with the second embryo a possibility of triplets. Warren advised us to go ahead anyway but we were given the ultimate decision. DH looked at me and said "Go for it we will buy a bus!!!" I was shocked and all I could say was "What about me, its me that will be carrying them". The whole room cracked up laughing he was thinking so pratically it didn't even cross his mind how it would effect me - bless him! Unfortunately we didn't have the issue to deal with as it was another bfn.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Heyside good luck for epu tomorrow, hope you get some quality eggs
    @hopefull29 good luck with transfer tomorrow, tww how exciting!
    @lileitak I tested again tonight, it's still positive. I'm dreading the call tomorrow

5. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 so lucky that your first transfer worked! I'm sorry you've had a hard time since and omg you must be nervous for today!!!! I hope they get your results back super quickly.

I actually LOLed about peeing on the stick with the lid on. Aww haha I'm sure you're not the first and you won't be the last! I hope your husband has been giving you lots of cuddles because you sound like you need some xx

Good luck good luck good luck with your BT!!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 good luck today! Hope it all goes smoothly. Let us know what you decide.
    @Heyside I'm hoping that they get some beautiful looking eggs that are mature and ready to be fertilized.
    @kate124 that's a tough journey with a couple of beautiful miracle stories. Congrats on your recent BFP. Thanks for sharing, it really is lovely to read.
    @kmvw wow another positive! Is your bt today?? Very exciting and nerve wracking if it is. Good luck!

AFM yesterday I felt like I hit a wall. Possibly trying to get too much done.
    Anyone on crinone?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

Hi all, I have been reading all your posts and finding them all very inspiring. You are all so strong for going through this!

I am starting my first ICSI IVF journey in about 3 weeks. I have been put on the pill until then to regulate my periods. Have also started back with my acupuncture lady. We have MFI which I am nervous about and although I have never been diagnosed... I feel I have PCO but my blood tests and ultrasounds have either come back normal or borderline:inconclusive. I guess time will tell and hopefully I don't have over stimulation.

I have been so depressed lately, can't get out of bed and so unmotivated at work. Something inside me changed over the last day though. I feel stronger and ready to take on this challenge. It is not a matter of if we get pregnant, but a matter of when! Part of me hopes that I will be one of those lucky few who get BFP first time, but deep down know it may be a long journey.

Anyway just want to say hello, wish you all the best of luck! I will be joining the July TTC forum when it starts. Xx
    Last edited by positive vibes; 10-06-2016 at 17:43.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to positive vibes For This Useful Post:

GM9  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Woohoo! Transfer day!! Wishing you all the best of luck for today! Hope it goes perfectly.
    I think it depends who your FS is and the clinic! Hope everything works out for you.
    I would LOVE to have twins! It’s been a dream of mine for so long. xo
    @SurferGalGC Best of luck for your scan today!! xo
    @Heyside Thank you! I had a better night’s sleep last night but still not good so I’m going to the doctor today.
    Hope you had a wonderful sleep last night and your EPU goes well today! I bet you’re already in there! Will be thinking of you over the next couple of days with my fingers and toes crossed! xo
    @kate124 I totally get needing a break. I think we all do and what a wild ride you’ve had! Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!
    Hahah I love your husband’s reaction “What does 2 lines mean?” That would be exactly what my husband would say!!
    @lotsathoughts Hope you have a much better day today hun! xo

12. The Following User Says Thank You to mrsthomo For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29, good luck with your transfer this morning!! Sending you lots of baby dust!
    @Heyside, good luck for your EPU today, hope you get lots of great eggs to move forward with.
    @kmvw, well done on the positive. I'm totally going to be neurotic with POAS after my next Pregnyl shot tomorrow. The TWW is killing me...10 days to go (but who's counting?!)

xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    @kate124 congratulations! How exciting! Funny about peeing in the plastic lid 😂😂😂 lol
    @Heyside totally understandable there's nothing like being at home to rest and recover! I hope you get amazing quality and good numbers today! Funny about the comment re triplets. It would have been funny to be in that room.
    @kmvw thanks
    @lotsathoughts thank you. I'm on crinone- I'd rather inject than this. I'm not loving it. I've only done two, and they're making me super tired, my boobs are killing me (although could be left over from trigger but I'm sure they're worse).
    @positive vibes welcome and congratulations on getting started. It sounds like you're much more positive and ready to tackle it now. I was in denial at first but once you accept it you'll be surprised how strong you can be!
    @mrsthomo & GM9 thank you

Thank you all so much for all the love and well wishes. You girls rock!

Well I'm officially PUPO! I had a freak out about triplets this morning lol so safe to say I chickened out and only transferred one. They would have transferred two if I wanted (so handy to know I guess). Out of my 3 embies I had one die off overnight so only left me with two. However the 2 were really strong. The one they transferred was at compacting stage already and the other had 7 cells and was going good. We also had the option of freezing the 7 cell one today or try grow it out to blasto stage. We decided to try grow this one out. Fingers crossed that one keeps on growing and we get a frostie. However I'm feeling super positive about the compacting one they've transferred today.
    It's such a relief to get to this stage. Bring on the TWW, which is most likely going to be the longest two weeks of my life!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

GM9  (10-06-2016),Heyside  (10-06-2016),julianicholson  (10-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (10-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 Congratulations on being PUPO! That's so exciting! Hope the transfer went well and wasn't too uncomfortable. Fingers crossed for you getting a frostie

Do you have anything nice planned for your 2ww to take your mind off things?

I'm starting the crinone tonight and not looking forward to that with transfer scheduled for Monday