+ Reply to Thread
Page 76 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies, I just had my EPU. A little disappointing really. They could only get the 4, the others weren't big enough. I'm hoping they're awesome quality. They've changed us over to ICSI given the low numbers. Original plan was 50% natural 50% ICSI. So now all ICSI.
    The FS said next time (fingers crossed there is no next time) they'll need to up my meds.
    Besides being a little disappointed I'm feeling fine. A little crampy but I'm fine. The FS said to take tomorrow off work but the nurse just said see how I'm feeling. I'll decide later on how I'm feeling. Thinking it might be good to take my mind off things. It's going to be a long day to hear about fertilisation rates.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

GM9  (07-06-2016),julianicholson  (09-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

Good luck @hopefull29
    Hoping today goes really well for you xx

Edited... Just saw the above message.

I hope you're ok. It's hard to not be disappointed at times on this journey as we all have high hopes.
    Fingers crossed your eggs are great quality and develop beautifully for you. Xxx
    Last edited by lotsathoughts; 07-06-2016 at 10:40.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - Big hugs hun its hard when things dont go to plan but it definately doesnt mean you are out you only need one good embie. Its good your fs is taking action and using ICSI now for all of them, hopefully it will up your odds. I can understand you wanting to keep busy tomorrow so hopefully you feel good for work, do your work know what you are going through? Good luck now hun hope you get good fert rates xx

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (07-06-2016),laugo  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts & @Heyside thanks so much ladies. I can't change the outcome so might as well not stress about it. It's all out of my control now. A day on the couch is much needed I think. I'll keep you all updated on fertilisation results. x

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (07-06-2016),laugo  (07-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (07-06-2016),sumteng  (08-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside sorry forgot to say work do know what I'm going through and they're totally understanding so all good if I go in and don't feel up to it so have to leave. I'm only planning a half day tomorrow anyway.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Heyside  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by hopefull29 View Post
    @surfergirlgc my clinic did advise me to take a day off after the transfer but said I should be ok the day after EPU.
    Is that because you have an active job? I'm only in a new job so want to minimise my time off as much as possible! Makes it so tricky. It's only an office based job though so nothing strenuous at least.

My epu will be under local only. But whether it's local or general, I'm sure recovery is the same once it all wears off anyway.

Ooh don't be worried about a low number. If I've learnt anything from the ladies in here it's that a small number of quality eggs is better than a huge number of okay-ish eggs.

I have a feeling I will have a lot of follicles but only because I might have high amh. I would much prefer a small quality number of follicles and eggs though! I guess we don't get to choose ha!

I hope you recover well! I am very envious that your work is so flexible!! I wish I had that luxury.
    @Heyside ahh ok, perfect! I think I could work on upping water intake at the moment. I've been on daily beroccas for a couple of months. I'm looking forward to the excuse for spending money on coconut water, live that stuff! Just expensive though.

My first orgalutran tonight! Freaking out. Please tell me it doesn't hurrrt!! Even if it does, just tell me it doesn't haha

Feeling a bit tender after day 5 of injections. I'm not sure if it's bruisey tender or full ovaries tender! Or just all in my head :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC I had my first orgalutran yesterday, its abit diff to the puregon its more thick just make sure it is administer at room temp also my piece of warning is jab yourself harder than the usual strength because needle is thicker and my first poke didn't go inside skin so had to poke again so make it more painful. but second time i did today was no problem. good Luck!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to obesebaby For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC We are all different, but I wasn't in any shape to work the day after EPU. It was the most painful part of the IVF for me. I was in massive pain right after, and took pain meds for 2-3 days afterward.

But, I was close to overstimming and had 20something eggs.

Edit - I have an office job within minimal activity, and I still couldn't have done it.

Edit 2 - I went to a wedding the day of transfer; wasn't advised to do anything different. @hopefull29 are you sure you don't have them confused?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (07-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @SurferGalGC I think they recommended i take the day off post transfer before they realised how active my job was. I think they just recommend that you rest, I'm sure in an admin job if you're feeling up to it then it's not really going to be an issue. When you think about it people get pregnant all the time and they certainly don't rest for a day afterwards. I think you just need to be sensible and listen to your body.
    My EPU was under sedation..... I'm feeling really good now, I've had some bleeding but I think that's normal. I do feel like I could work this afternoon if I needed too. But my DH is making sure I'm resting. I can't even get up without him jumping up to see what I need. It's sweet really. I hope you get a good number, not too many but not too little either.
    @lileitak I 100% don't have them confused- it was reconfirmed after my EPU this morning. I guess all clinics are different. I think the most important thing is to just listen to your body.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 sounds like your doing well post EPU & DH is looking after you 😉
    I know it can be a bit disappointing when we don't get the numbers we hope for. Its always a bit tricky with the first stim cause nobody knows exactly how our bodies will react & they have to be so careful not to over stim.
    Fingers crossed for good fertilization overnight. I hope your sticky one is in the making! Xx