Quote Originally Posted by lotsathoughts View Post
    Only 3 fertilized. Shattered ☹️
    Sorry to hear lotsathoughts, thinking of you xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    Hi Girls,
    Had my appt. with FS yesterday afternoon. Burst into tears as soon as I walked into the room 😪.
    FS was very lovely & supportive. Feeling a bit more hopeful now.
    FS has ordered a recurrent miscarriage screen. Doesn't think there are any issues there but just erring on the side of caution.
    Changing protocol this round. Giving HRT a go.
    FS gave me the double transfer option but after outlining all the risks I chickened out & have opted to stay with the single- for now anyway.
    Back on the horse with #6 today.
    Good luck everyone!
    Lots of love xx
    This journey is so emotional.
    It's positive to hear your FS is trying something new. Hopefully they can crack the code on why it's not working.
    Good luck with #6! Hope it's your turn x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Only 3 fertilized. Shattered ☹️
    we had a similar outcome and ours ended up being blasts at day 5, remember 3 is still a good number, all going to plan they could be 3 beautiful babies. Try and stay positive.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    we had a similar outcome and ours ended up being blasts at day 5, remember 3 is still a good number, all going to plan they could be 3 beautiful babies. Try and stay positive.
    Thank you. Gives me hope. All I need is one really good one. Cmon embies!

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (31-05-2016),julianicholson  (01-06-2016),Kookii  (31-05-2016),Muchulu1  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lotsathoughts yep! It only takes 1 sticky one!!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep you only need one! I had two collected and one fertilised.... That one embryo stuck and I'm seven weeks tomorrow :-) good luck!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mrsh1984 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (31-05-2016),Muchulu1  (31-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so crazy thing today.. had my first IVF appointment (finally!!).

On the drive there I made a bathroom stop and found out AF had come early (about three weeks early in fact - I'm very irregular).

Wasn't sure what to expect going in to the appointment but I came out with a bag of meds and I'm starting my puregon injections in two days!!

I'm actually still in shock I think! So excited and nervous. Can't believe I've been waiting so long and then bam! Needles in the stomach in two days! Follicle u/s next Friday and then egg collection a few days after that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SurferGalGC View Post
    Okay so crazy thing today.. had my first IVF appointment (finally!!).

On the drive there I made a bathroom stop and found out AF had come early (about three weeks early in fact - I'm very irregular).

Wasn't sure what to expect going in to the appointment but I came out with a bag of meds and I'm starting my puregon injections in two days!!

I'm actually still in shock I think! So excited and nervous. Can't believe I've been waiting so long and then bam! Needles in the stomach in two days! Follicle u/s next Friday and then egg collection a few days after that!
    That's great news! Sounds like perfect timing. It's nice when those sorts of things fall into place. There's plenty of waiting in this game so having a speedy start always helps.
    Good luck with your injections, they're daunting but not too bad after a while.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

SurferGalGC  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Sorry i've been MIA, the last week has been mental at the shop and i've been getting home late each night.

Lotsathoughts - I know it can be really hard to be positive when you don't get the embryo numbers that you hoped for. My first cycle I got 11 eggs (2 fertilised, one ended up being a little girl that we lost), the second stem we got 9 eggs (3 fertilised and one was our son) and the third stem we got 14 eggs (5 fertilised and were grown for blastocysts, it was the first time we had ever had day 5 embryos). We have actually chosen to have our embryos only grown to day 3 this time because we have had more success with them.

SurfergalGC - Wow how exciting!!! My cycles in the past have been whirlwind like that, this is the only one that I have had time to stew over before we start haha! Best of luck xx

So I'm still sitting here waiting waiting waiting. My period is due around 8th June and I have all my needles ready to go. Last time I mentioned that my FS was starting me on 300iu of Gonel F which I was a bit worried about, I was relieved that he has reduced it to 150iu and will increase it if needed.

The next two weeks are going to be a bit tricky. My parents are off on a holiday around NZ. My works 3 days a week at my baby store so I will be working full time. They usually also look after our son on the days that I work while my husband is away at work (he is fifo). So basically ill be working full time, with a 3 year old in tow, a husband away at work and while I begin an IVF cycle - nothing like a bit of stress hey!

Amy xx

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAQ247 For This Useful Post:

lotsathoughts  (01-06-2016),SurferGalGC  (01-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies, silly question time because I'm a newbie at all of this.

My ultrasound is in the morning (to check number of follies) and potentially EPU on Friday (unless cancelled). Have been on Gonal-f & Cetrotide. Tonight I've been feeling a little "full" in my pelvic region, which feels like the sensation I get before I ovulate. I am getting slightly concerned as I don't want to ovulate (but also in the back of my mind I'm thinking it's not really possible because I'm on Cetrotide) then the other half of me is thinking it's a good sign & I may have more follicles than normal, which could be causing the sensation. I think deep down I'm more anxious & freaked out than I want to believe.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!