+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 114 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to everyone having scans and EPU's... trying to keep everyone straight at the moment!

Quote Originally Posted by GM9 View Post
    Hi everyone, jumping on this thread.

I am on my very first cycle using donor sperm (at 39!). So far on FSH, Aspirin, & currently Cetrotide. I'll be on HCG & Progesterone support post transfer. Have my USS on Wednesday am to check my follies. All going well, I'll have my EPU on Friday. I have a range of emotions floating around but trying to stay as calm as possible. Already preparing for a failed first cycle with hopefully a BFP on the second. LOL. If only it were that 'easy' huh?! Obviously, I'd love it to work first go but preparing for the worst to start with.

I have never been pregnant before although tried for a while with my ex. All my tests have come back fine so far, although my AMH is a tad lower than average for my age. My biggest concern is the quality of my eggs. Fingers crossed for us all!!
    Hi GM9 I am also doing IVF with donor sperm. I have just finished my third stim cycle, hopefully you will get a BFP much quicker!

Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    @GM9 welcome!!
    You will love this thread. So good to have ppl to cycle with. At times IVF can be very lonely but having well informed girls to chat with makes all the difference!
    Good luck with your first cycle. It's so exciting when you finally get to start!! Sounds like your pretty realistic. When I first started I really thought I'd be pregnant within 2 cycles. I was very naive & it just lead to disappointment. I'm much more realistic now & it makes it a lot less painful when things don't work out.
    Hope you have some good follies on Wednesday!
    Have you told any family/ friends that you'll be doing IVF?
    Are you using donor sperm because you're going at it alone?
    Hope the IVF treats you well. All the best xx
    Muchulu1, I know the feeling. I started in August and was busy telling everyone of course I would be pregnant by Xmas... why wouldn't I be?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

GM9  (29-05-2016),Muchulu1  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In for my scratch tomorrow morning - not looking forward to it, but ready to get moving with this cycle.

I expect our transfer will be about a month from now. Cannot believe we're about to board this rollercoaster again. 😭

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by littlerayofsunshine87 View Post
    Hey ladies, I'm a bit worried. Today I've developed a UTI. Been to the doctors and I've started on antis. Just wondering and worried that this might be detrimental to this cycle. Had transfer last Saturday so 8dp5dt today, also POAS this afternoon and bfn at this stage. I would ring my nurse but it's Sunday. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Xx
    Agree with Heyside, you'll be fine on anti's the doc prescribed. I went to the hospital with severe shortness of breath and pain when I was just 6w with DS and found out I had bacterial pleurisy. I was on anti's for 10 days I think and he turned out just fine.

Good luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    AF arrived today Another BFN.
    Seeing my FS tomorrow. Got a busy few months ahead so hoping to get a plan for the next few cycles.
    From what FS said last time sounds like we'll be getting more serious now- PGD, double transfers etc.
    Anxiety is at an all time high
    Please let it be our turn next!!!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Apples1234 View Post
    I just don't want to get the blood test because I'm tired of receiving the "it's negative" phone call from the nurses.
    So sorry Apples, I bet you're exhausted.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Apples1234  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Seeing my FS tomorrow. Got a busy few months ahead so hoping to get a plan for the next few cycles.
    From what FS said last time sounds like we'll be getting more serious now- PGD, double transfers etc.
    Oh no! Really sorry.
    It's just not fair this game. Sounds like your FS is going to throw everything at it. Hope the months ahead don't wear you out too much. X

10. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    So sorry. Life sucks sometimes. I hope it's your turn next too. Good luck with the FS xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @lileitak - Good luck for your scratch today hun, I had one prior to this cycle too, mine was done alongside a lipodal flush and biopsy too so it was under anesthetic. How is yours done? Hope it makes a difference for you this cycle.
    @Muchulu1 - Oh no hun so dissapointed for you 😳 this journey is so so hard with so many ups and downs. Thinking of you today, hope you get some answers from your fs. It is a positive step knowing that you will take the next step from here, we have just moved onto the pgd testing too and have now done one double transfer, hopefully it will make the difference for us both x

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

ilex  (30-05-2016),Muchulu1  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Heyside! It was a piece of cake. I was expecting pain - didn't feel a thing. FS said that it's usually less painful for women who've given birth, but everyone is different. I found it the same as a pap. And now we starting waiting game #1 - days until transfer.
    @Muchulu1 - I'm so sorry hun! When we started FS said 3-4 cycles before pregnancy is pretty standard, although that doesn't make it any easier. Hopefully PGD will bring you some answers... do you know when you're staring your next cycle?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ilex For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (30-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great to hear it went well @lileitak, it seems a lot of the procedures are less painful after giving birth, there has got to be an up side to being all loose down there haha! I am the same when it comes to transfer I feel nothing! Hope your waiting game goes quickly x

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (30-05-2016),ilex  (31-05-2016)