+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 114 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome back from holidays! How did your blood test go today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @hopefull29 bloods and scan went well I am going in for collection tomorrow. I have been doing acupuncture which has paid off as my egg count looks like it will be much higher. I will touch base and let everyone know how it all goes.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

Whoop whoop! How exciting, I hope you get a massive haul of eggs! Let us know how you go. Good luck!! I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Is this your first time doing acupuncture? How many sessions did you have? I'm deciding if I'd like to do acupuncture or just see how I go this time without it and maybe next time (hopefully there won't be a next time lol) try it out.

Also ladies can I ask, is it normal to just have the one blood test and ultrasound scheduled in? At this stage I've just got the one and they said that's on a Friday and then my egg pick up will be the following week. I was always under the impression you had bloods and ultrasounds daily whilst you were injecting?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck tomorrow!! 🤗🤗🤗 I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how you go.

@hopefull29 I had scans maybe every 2 days. I had my final scan on a Friday then collection on the Monday. I went from having 12 on the Friday to 19 in the collection.

I can't remember having bloods too often. I had bloods done the Friday following egg collection and I went in for transfer the next day to be told they couldn't do it cause of being over stimulated. Then I had bloods every few days to watch the hormones go down.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @MissyK I might ask the nurse when I go in what the go is. I really hope my ovaries will be ready for egg collection the week they're saying as I've actually already planned to have that week off work. I have regular bookings and clients so need to plan ahead. For some reason everyone thinks they have a right to know why I have to cancel appointments at late notice so thought it'd be easier to just take the week off and tell my clients it's my week to catch up on paperwork before EOFY.
    I have quite a physical job too so won't be able to work the day after embryo transfer too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 I remember I went in every couple of days for u/s to check on my follies mainly to check that they were growing and to check whether I needed to increase/decrease meds.

I can't remember what my instructions were post transfer now but all I remember was that I was walking on egg shells haha! just like every woman who goes through IVF

Thanks
    Reviews

@hopefull29 my nurse has told me not to do any activity that will raise core temps, so go easy on the physical stuff. She also said after ET to take a day off if you have a physical job. I'm currently two days into the TWW and have scaled back on exercise but am trying to live my life as normal as possible (although the progesterone is making me feel worse for wear)
    As for your job... I know it's hard but put yourself first this time. This whole process is way too draining! I have had my students ask where I've been and I just tell them I've had some important medical appointments, no need to say anything else

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsh1984 I'm just a day in front of you! I was just saying to my husband that's it's been the slowest 3 days ever. I feel at ease and not stressed or anxious but it seems to have been a long week.

How much progesterone is everyone on? I'm on 4 pessaries a day. They're soooooooo expensive. And with my first pregnancy I was on 5 and had to take them until 12 weeks.

What cities is everyone in? Just out of curiosity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissyK I'm on a pessarie at night and one crinone in the morning. I got mine with my meds at the start of the cycle so wasn't too expensive..
    I feel the same as you, anxious one minute then fine the next. I guess we are at the stage now where it will happen if it happens!

Thanks
    Reviews

@Bundleofjoy I'm sure I'll be walking on egg shells too. Lol. I've already warned DH I'll probably turn into a crazy person. I'll have to ask my nurses why I'm only scheduled for the one scan. I've still got a bit until I start my injections so I'll sort that out with them. Makes sense to have more scans!
    @mrsh1984 I'll definitely be trying to put myself first. It is something I need to work on, I work in healthcare and have regular clients, whom I've built a good relationship with over the years with so when I take time off they all love to ask what I'm doing lol, I also live and work in a small country town so everyone knows everyone which can make things difficult at times too. But yes definitely will try put myself first for a change. I will most likely take the day off post egg transfer or judge how my day is looking and possibly only work for an hour or two depending how I'm feeling. I wouldn't say my job really raises my core temp as I'm so used to it but I'll check with my FS and go with what she says I guess. It's hard to be the patient sometimes. :/
    @MissyK my plan is just two progesterone things daily but I guess that could still change. Why aren't yours included with your meds? Nurse said mine are covered on pbs but just have the gap payment to pay.
    Last edited by hopefull29; 28-04-2016 at 21:07.