+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 114 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi everyone!

Hi everyone. I hope you don't mind me joining your thread. I've spent about 1278 hours reading these forums but have never posted before. I think I might be a little ahead of some of you ladies but thought I could still post as I went pretty crazy in the last wait.

I went in for a transfer today. 1 5d good looking embryo. This is my 3 attempt since having a little boy last year. First FET miscarried sadly and second FET didn't work. Fingers crossed this is the one.

It looks like a few of us had terrible miscarriage news at the start of the year. 😢

I hope everyone is well now.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissyK For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome missyk. Sorry to hear about your miscarriage and unsuccessful FET. Fingers crossed this ones a success!
    How are you feeling since your transfer? When is your blood test? Will you poas before your bt?

I was wondering for those ladies that have cycled before did you get any acne or breakouts with all the hormones? I've only just gotten my skin clear and I really don't want to go backwards if I can help it. Also do you have any tips for helping your body deal with all the hormones? I'm assuming increasing water ect might help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    i usually have a small breakout when I stop the hormones. All my transfers are medicated cycles so I take estrogen and then progesterone until I find out if I'm pregnant or not. Once I get my period I usually have a small break out. I try to drink a lot of water a day 3-4 litres and I try to eat well. All 3 cycles so far I've got really sick somehow. The first time I got a terrible cold and then I've got tummy bugs for the others. I'm not sure if maybe all the hormones compromise my immune system since I'm not usually sick often.

I probably will poas. I think I'll try and wait until day 9 or 10. For the cycle where I m/c I poas on day 10 and 12 and bfn...then the bloodtest came in positive with high HCG. And so did the 2nd and 3rd bloodtest.

I go crazy in the 2ww. It's been 1 day and I'm already impatient. I work at home for myself so don't really have a work distraction and I usually go to the gym each morning for a couple of hours but I'm not allowed to exercise so it sort of feels like life hangs in the balance while I wait to see if I'm pregnant or not. 😕

How many cycles has everyone done so far? And does you FS give you % chance estimates for each cycle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks MissyK, I will certainly up my water then, at the moment I really only have about 2L per day, I already eat super healthy so maybe I'll just add in a few green juices/ smoothies to help get a bit of extra nutrients in.

This will be my first cycle- exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I'm still waiting for my period to come this month so I can start on the pill then the nasal spray. I'm getting super frustrated waiting for this so god knows how I'll be in the two week wait!!
    I guess keeping busy will help, must be difficult for you being at home. Can you get out for a walk? My FS said to just continue with my regular activity and keep to routine. I do yoga daily and walk 4kms every day so I'm hoping I can continue with this. I'll also be starting a new job at the same time- crazy I know. But they're really supportive and I've told them what's happening and they still wanted me to start so hopefully that keeps me busy too.
    Our FS gave us a 75-85% chance which does seem really quite high, I'm 28, DH 32. Our only issue appears to be that my left tube is blocked, I had a large cyst on my right ovary which was removed late last year but since I'm still not pregnant 9 months post surgery (and after close to 3 years of trying in total) it was recommended we go straight to IVF rather than IUI due to the tubal blockage. DH sperm count is pretty good, my egg reserve is also really good. I really hope I only have to stim once, I am starting off on low doses so my fingers are crossed!!
    I hope this two week wait goes quickly for you! Try keep busy but try to get some time relax too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I will jump in on this thread too!

I'm looking at going back for our 2nd bub in June/Jul so will keep in this thread and cheer everyone on until we go in for our FET. We only have 1 embryo in the deep freeze so fingers crossed it works!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MissyK I've done just the 1 fresh IVF and was successful and have 1 frozen day 6 embryo left over from that cycle. Prior to that 3xIUI, 1xOI and clomid which were unsuccessful. My FS use to give me his success rates based on clinic stats, so I wouldn't get my hopes up. I think I had a 50% chance of IVF working.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi bundle of joy!! Hopefully you'll be as lucky this time round too with your frozen baby!! I will certainly have my fingers crossed for you.

I'm 27 but I just don't ovulate...at all. Haha. Hubby is fine, he has no issues. So after unsuccessful ovulation induction we went straight to IVF. We were lucky too that our first cycle (frozen due to being overstimulated) worked and we have a gorgeous little boy.

Maybe with your age @hopefull29 and not having low egg count you'll be similar to me.
    we got 19 eggs which turned into 13 good embryos so still have quite a few left luckily.

75% is awesome!! Wow! They gave me about a 50/50 chance. Pretty much said it was down to just picking an embryo that is genetically normal but they can't tell that in the lab...I'm hoping that by already having 2 failed attempts this means probability is on my side 😁

I can go for walks so this is my plan and lots of stretching. My normal exercise is crossfit so I get really hot which isn't advised. You can't have spas, use heat packs or anything after the transfer I case you heat you body up.

What is the nasal spray you use??

Also ladies some places advise you not to wear perfumes or aftershaves when you go in for the transfer. There's a theory that heavy scents can impact the embryo.

When is your period due @hopefull29?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 if you have any questions about the egg collection feel free to ask away. Theres never too personal a question in the world of IVF!! 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome bundle of joy. Fingers crossed for your FET!

Wow missyk 19 eggs is awesome and 13 embies is amazing! I so hope I get numbers like you!! Fingers crossed this transfer is 3rd time lucky!

Interesting re the not heating your body up, I have heard it before but always thought it was more people going a bit overboard haha. I was talking with a gp once ages ago and she was like no no it's impossible to "cook" a baby lol. I'll add it to my question list for my FS.

Totally understandable about not doing cross fit, I've not tried it but quite a few of my clients have and it sounds intense! Lol I much prefer to stick to my walks/yoga/pilates.

Thanks for the offer re questions, I think I'm pretty good for the moment. I just wanna get it over and done with. I'm a very impatient person, and I like to be in control which is why I've found this whole infertility thing difficult as no matter what I can't control it. My period is due this week. The nasal spray is syneral (?spelling), I start that mid may before my injections to help with the down regulation. Did you use a spray? I think that's freaking me out more than the injections! Lol does it give you a funny taste in your mouth?

Also interesting about the purfumes, my acupuncturist told me this early days of TTC. She also advised against wearing makeup and using toxic skincare ect throughout times of TTC. I still wear makeup (I have acne pigmentation) but only a light mineral makeup and my skincare is now only stuff you can eat, my deodorant is an all natural one and I only wear purfumes if I'm going out where I was wearing them daily. I'd still like to look into essential oils as a Purfume. They do say anything you put on your skin is absorbed and enters your blood ******. The acupuncturist said to look at it this way, anything you wouldn't put on your baby you shouldn't put on yourself. I'm sure that most people aren't quite that extreme, I was willing to try absolutely anything though!

I guess there's been positives for me going through all of this, my lifestyle and health changes have been so good for me. I'd say I'm definitely healthier now than what I ever have been!
    Sorry for the massive post, I'm pretty bored waiting for MKR to start, hubby isn't home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Guys,

I am back from Melbourne, I have my scan and bloods tomorrow to find out when I will be having my collection - mosty likely Friday or Monday if it is like my last cycle. Welcome to all our new buddies.

Good luck to everyone at all of your different stages. @MissyK the 2 week wait is the worst! Keeping busy and distractions are the only thing that has helped me in the past.

The annoying part with my cycle this time is we aren't doing a fresh transfer due to PGD. This means I will be waiting for AF to arrive so I can hopefully have a FET with my next cycle if the testing shows some if not all are okay.