+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 114 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by julianicholson View Post
    Hi @hopefull29 let me start by saying I am no expert (anybody feel free to correct me) and don't have a huge amount of experience, as ICSI was our only option.

The benefit of doing ICSI is that it is 'guaranteed' the egg will meet the sperm and hopefully fertilise, but there can be the downside that while they select the 'best' sperm to inject it may not be the 'best' in reality, hence the use of natural fertilisation (which requires a bit of survival of the fittest).

So I am guessing by doing both, it is a best of both world's scenario. By having 6 or more eggs there is a bit more room for safe 'experimentation' to determine which method results in the 'best' embryos for you two. Not sure it is 'normal' but I don't know that there is a 'normal' with all of this but it sounds reasonable to me, not putting all eggs in one basket hehe. I hope I haven't confused you more or just babbled away. Good luck,

I think there is also a FS thread on here where you can ask questions like this and get far more educated response than my own.
    Thanks so much, this makes sense. I guess I've just gotta trust my FS knows what she's doing- she seems great, I'm just a bit of a control freak and whilst I feel like I'm in control over the IVF I am still relying on someone else to do it for us! Lol
    I'll also check out the FS thread- thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like I said @hopefull29 I am no expert but from my understanding of biology that would be my understanding. I understand whole heartedly I am also a control freak and no matter how confident you are in your FS it is entirely natural to want to double check what others are doing. Fingers crossed for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to julianicholson For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

I just had a phone consult with my FS and she has suggested we do PGS with this cycle which means I am doing an ICSI cycle but no transfer until either end of May or early June so I am definitely in the right group now.

Has anyone done PGS before? I have read up on it but just not really sure what to expect.

Unfortunately I am going to Melbourne for 5 days around the time I might need to start my meds which is annoying (basically need another carry on) but all worth it in the end (hopefully).

I hope all of your journeys are going well. keep in touch.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wondering if anyone else is close to starting their cycles soon? I go for my drug refresher tomorrow and start injections next saturday night 😀 starting to get excited

Thanks
    Reviews
    I will be cycling around this time as well. Just waiting to have a Hysteroscopy. My cervix is scarred over for some reason, so I wouldn't be able to have a transfer done. Hopefully that will be early May, so we can get started. My dh has mfi so we will be using icsi. We already have a little girl to icsi. Good luck everyone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

Kookii  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @needingamiracle2016 I started my injections on Tuesday night. Then bloods and scan on Wednesday 27th. If this cycle is like last I will have collection on Friday or the following Monday. Because we are doing PGD I won't have a transfer until my next cycle.
    Fingers crossed we all get really good numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can finally jump in on one of these threads! I have my appointment to plan my first cycle on 31 May. I'm going through a bulk bill clinic so have completed the blood work/scans in advance. Countdown time!

I should get af not long after so should be starting my first round early-mid June if everything checks out. Will be doing ICSI and any embies frozen for FET on my following cycle. Happy to have some cycle buddies!! Yay!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can I join as well?

We are doing a FET in May. This is our first attempt after our son was stillborn so while we are excited we are also very very nervous and anxious.

Gosh I hope May is a great month for us all. Maybe we should get a roll call going to keep track of everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so exciting to have so many cycle buddies 😊 IVF can be such a lonely road so it's lovely to have a place to feel supported. Sorry about your loss mummymaybe, all my fingers toes EVERYTHING are crossed that this cycle is a success for you 💜 I picked up my drugs today, they have me on menopur this time... anyone have any feedback on what it is like???

12. The Following User Says Thank You to needingamiracle2016 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    so sorry for your loss mummymaybe, fingers crossed that this cycle is a success for you and your pregnancy goes smoothly
    I've not started anything yet, just waiting for this months AF then we can get started on the drugs, at this stage its looking like injections will start mid may and egg collection early june- I don't think I've ever wanted my period to start so much, Im normally pretty regular but no doubt this month will be late.
    Goodluck with the PGS juliancholson, I don't know much about this, it wasn't discussed with my FS. Enjoy your stay in Melbourne, pack warm its freezing at the moment.
    DH and I have been away on holidays for the last few weeks, feeling so much more relaxed going into the IVF now. Goodluck to everyone starting in the next few weeks!