+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 114 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by anulka View Post
    Im at Concept and my fs is G. Thompson. I am starting my progesterone passeries tomorrow and i will be on pregnyl from saturday until BT so wont be able to poas.... oh well!
    How many embryos have you got left?
    How are you doing? I am a bit nervous and excited. Looking forward to tuesday but not to 2WW..
    The 2WW is such a roller coaster! I think it's particularly hard with the Pregnyl cause you can't POAS. I was a bit naughty last cycle & I tested the Pregnyl out. 3 days after my last booster there was only the faintest line on a first response POAS.

Will you be doing 4 of the boosters?
    I'll be on the Pregnyl too. Having a scan & bloods Monday. Will prob trigger shortly after.

Im not feeling myself atm. Had a particularly bad day today. Been feeling a bit hopeless & depressed. Left work before lunch so I could try & pull myself together but I just ended up crying all afternoon & moping around the house.

We've still got 8 frosties. I'm really grateful for that. Still on the single transfers atm. Desperately hoping we won't need them all!

Anyway, enough about me. Glad to hear you excited for transfer. You'll be PUPO as of Tuesday! Will this be your first transfer? Have you got any kids already?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @anulka glad you're looking forward to Tuesday. Fingers crossed for you!
    @Muchulu1 sorry to hear you're not doing great today. Is your partner supportive, or do you have a friend you can talk to? I find when I'm down it really helps me to talk to someone and get it all out, I spend most of the time in tears but I do feel better for it. Does your clinic offer counselling sessions? Perhaps you could talk to them. I hope you're feeling better tomorrow, have a hot bath and an early night.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

anulka  (05-05-2016),Muchulu1  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post
    The 2WW is such a roller coaster! I think it's particularly hard with the Pregnyl cause you can't POAS. I was a bit naughty last cycle & I tested the Pregnyl out. 3 days after my last booster there was only the faintest line on a first response POAS.

Will you be doing 4 of the boosters?
    I'll be on the Pregnyl too. Having a scan & bloods Monday. Will prob trigger shortly after.

Im not feeling myself atm. Had a particularly bad day today. Been feeling a bit hopeless & depressed. Left work before lunch so I could try & pull myself together but I just ended up crying all afternoon & moping around the house.

We've still got 8 frosties. I'm really grateful for that. Still on the single transfers atm. Desperately hoping we won't need them all!

Anyway, enough about me. Glad to hear you excited for transfer. You'll be PUPO as of Tuesday! Will this be your first transfer? Have you got any kids already?
    I have pmd you ☺

5. The Following User Says Thank You to anulka For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anulka - I'm at concept and have graham as well :-) He is an amazing guy! Our first transfer with him resulted in our little boy

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MAQ247 For This Useful Post:

anulka  (06-05-2016),Muchulu1  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Muchulu1 View Post

I'm sorry you had such a crappy day. Sometimes we just need to let it out and feel crappy. Sending you lots of hugs and hope you feel a bit brighter today X

9. The Following User Says Thank You to lotsathoughts For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MAQ247 View Post
    Anulka - I'm at concept and have graham as well :-) He is an amazing guy! Our first transfer with him resulted in our little boy
    Wow small world eh! I adore Greame. He is such an awesome guy. Our first transfer 3 years ago resulted in our DD 😄 what a coincidence ☺ we probably have seen eachother at the clinic at some stage ☺☺
    What are you doing atm? I am waiting for my transfer on tuesday. Have 4 frozen snow-babies. Doing natural FET with progesterone passeries and pregnyl as a support. ☺ how old is your son?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry you had a crap day, I hope you're feeling better today. This journey is so hard, it helps to talk to people who understand.

My laparoscopy went well but the timing didn't quite work out, so I'll have to wait until June for our next fet. I know it's only another month, but it feels like an eternity away. I've been crying all morning.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to debora For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (06-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @debora try stay positive. I'm please to hear the scope went well, sucks you've gotta wait until June, but it'll be here before you know it! I know it must be hard for you to have to wait another month. I won't be doing anything really until June either. My egg collection is scheduled all going well the week starting 6th June.

I'm struggling today, feels like everywhere I look I see bloody pregnant people. My yoga class was full of them this morning, might as well have been a prenatal class lol. I also have a good friends baby shower approaching, really not sure if I can go. We haven't told our friends we're going down the IVF path, most know we've been trying however last I told them I said we were just having a break from it all. I was so sick of people asking why it hasn't happened yet so this was the easiest thing to say at the time.
    Do you ladies have a way of coping with baby showers ect? I'm seriously thinking of making up an excuse to not go. I know I'll feel bad, but really not sure I can handle a baby shower- this will be whilst I'm stimmimg and maybe the weekend before collection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Hopefull, I know it will go in a flash but it's just disappointing. I completely get the issues around baby showers, my sister had her first baby in September. Of course it's very exciting and I love my niece to bits, but it was so hard having to plan and run her baby shower just at the time that I got my first bfn.

I think unless it's an immediate family member or very close friend, it's fine to just make an excuse and not go. You don't owe anyone an explanation, it's important to look after yourself first. I don't really have any tips about how to deal with it, only that for me anyway, things tend to be much worse in my head in the lead up to the event than the actual event.

I know different things work for different people but I did the same thing as you re: not telling people we are trying. I initially told some family but I've told them now that we are taking a year off. My family are really supportive but I just feel it as more pressure. It's such a confusing and emotional time, I'd rather just keep it between my partner and I to grieve (or hopefully celebrate!) by ourselves, telling other people just makes it feel like I have more people to let down when I fail.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF/FET May-June 2016

@debora thank you. I think you're certainly right things always seem far worse in your head than the actual event. However I do think I'll just make an excuse, I'm quite lucky in that I do work a lot of weekend so I do always have that as an excuse.
    I actually have always disliked baby showers anyway. I find them a little boring playing games, watching the mum to be open gifts. I'd much prefer a nice dinner out. That's just me though. My sister also recently just had a baby, she was trying for 1 whole month. Mind you this was after she was told she had endo and would have trouble falling pregnant. Whilst I was super happy for her, the whole thing has been difficult too.

I was supposed to have a wedding the weekend before my egg collection is due and I've used work as an excuse for that as the other partners that will be there only ever talk about their babies (it's really all they have in common so totally get it) but was worried with all the hormones I wouldn't cope. And I'm not drinking throughout this cycle at all, so I know as soon as friends see me not drinking the comments will start. DH will still be going and they're his friends, I don't know them very well.

Have a great weekend everyone!
    Last edited by hopefull29; 06-05-2016 at 20:44.