+ Reply to Thread
Page 107 of 114 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1133
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside Ideally I would like to take whatever the 2nd opinion is back to my FS and hope that he would follow it. But not sure that he would as a couple of things I have suggested he didn't really think would work like melatonin and human growth hormones.
    @Muchulu1 I was with another FS briefly but moved before TTC, so he only did my introductory tests. I don't think Dr Teoh really knows where to go if this cycle doesn't work. I seem to be at the top level of meds that he will recommend. He was more positive about moving to donor eggs/embryos if I wanted to after this cycle. He definitely thinks that it's my eggs that are the problem...
    @GM9 I have mild endometriosis, but I had some removed before TTC. My Dr thinks it is my eggs though. I wonder if I have affected them somehow through years of morbid obesity, or the diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea that I had. Then I wonder if it's the weight loss from my gastric sleeve and my limited diet now. I am trying hard to eat high protein but it's difficult.

Thanks everyone, it helps to talk about things. It's just strange that I get a decent amount of eggs and high fertilisation rates, but they start going wrong from day 2 and definitely don't like being frozen...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 yeah I've heard a few girls mention hair thinning/ loss. I think it can happen with any hormonal fluctuation?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Muchulu1 I think you're right about hormone fluctuations and hair issues. I've never ever had hair issues so I've not really thought about it. Hopefully it settles down soon or I might have to go wig shopping. 😂😂

6. The Following User Says Thank You to hopefull29 For This Useful Post:

Muchulu1  (19-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Geez, I hope I don't lose hair, I don't have much to start with! People have always made comments about me going bald!!! (nope, just blessed with very few strands of hair!!!)
    @skeeter, it's always very hard to know if our past has made a difference to the quality of our eggs. I was scared that my party lifestyle was going to have made a difference to mine and who knows? 2 of my embies were a little slow to develop so maybe?? Whatever the cause, don't beat yourself up. At the end of the day, you can't change the past, you can only do what you can now. I know another girl who is having issues with her eggs too. And remember, it takes about 3 months to see a difference in your eggs. Sounds like you have managed to lose quite a bit of weight to no longer have OSA, so you should be proud of that!! Are you taking any supplements to help your eggs?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GM9 View Post
    Geez, I hope I don't lose hair, I don't have much to start with! People have always made comments about me going bald!!! (nope, just blessed with very few strands of hair!!!)
    @skeeter, it's always very hard to know if our past has made a difference to the quality of our eggs. I was scared that my party lifestyle was going to have made a difference to mine and who knows? 2 of my embies were a little slow to develop so maybe?? Whatever the cause, don't beat yourself up. At the end of the day, you can't change the past, you can only do what you can now. I know another girl who is having issues with her eggs too. And remember, it takes about 3 months to see a difference in your eggs. Sounds like you have managed to lose quite a bit of weight to no longer have OSA, so you should be proud of that!! Are you taking any supplements to help your eggs?
    @GM9 you're right, we can't change what's done. I am taking supplements out of the wazoo! I started taking some after my first cycle, and have slowly added more. And just added a few more this week for good luck. I have been taking elevit, iron, berocca, fish oil, coq10, aspirin and selinium. I just added ala, propolis and royal jelly. I have protein shakes, and I've just added l-arginine, cartinine and isositol. But one of those upset my stomach, not sure which.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to skeeter For This Useful Post:

GM9  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - oh I hate those uneducated comments like your aunty so flippertly brought into conversation, One day I will shout about all this even if I only get through to one or two people. Good on you for surviving the family get together.
    As for the hair loss I have major issues but thats due to my pcos and its worse when I am not eating healthy. Back at the beginning of the year when I had the miscarriage from my blighted ovum (well actually a few months after that) my hair was falling out in handfuls in the shower I suppose thats more like a pregnancy issue though as it was the hcg leaving my body. It was devastating though as I was growing out my fringe at the time and I still have horrible short pieces at the front of my head like baby hair😳. It is all connected with the fluctuations in hormones though.
    @skeeter - I think thats reasonable to seek a second opinion and take it back to your current fs, you can then see what he says take a step back and reacess everything again. A good fs would be ipen to new ideas. Don't rush into the donor eggs if you dont feel thats the journey for you though make sure you are happy. I will say both melatonin and coq10 have both improved my egg quality though and I now at least get embryos to freeze. I like you alwats get big number of eggs though and end up with a big drop off, I collected 29 eggs this time, 19 fertilised and I got 3 frozen. Good luck with whatever you decide x

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Heyside sounds horrible. I'm trying to grow out my bangs too so hopefully it doesn't keep falling out!!

I think I'm out for this cycle ladies. Still getting negative tests and I'm very much feeling like my period is coming on. I'm due tomorrow so time will tell I guess. I'm glad I've been testing though. Given me time to come to terms with it.
    So looking onto the next month. Can anyone explain how a non medicated FET works? Do I need a month off or can I do it straight away?
    Of course I am hoping I'm all wrong and I get a nice surprise on Thursday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @skeeter, sounds like you're doing everything you can so good luck!! I'd also be looking at a second opinion.
    @hopefull29, I hope you get some good news this week.

AFM: I just got the call from the nurse...I am officially pregnant!! HCG is 290 which is strong, Progesterone is 700+ which is also great (apparently) and next step is an USS on 14th July. Fingers crossed it continues to carry on as it should!! Still a long way to go but pretty excited at the moment!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GM9 For This Useful Post:

julianicholson  (20-06-2016),Muchulu1  (20-06-2016),sumteng  (21-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GM9 congratulations, your numbers look great. How exciting

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kmvw For This Useful Post:

GM9  (20-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @hopefull29 - Still hoping its a late implanter for you hun and just not registering on the tests, good luck on the bt on Thurs. Sorry can't help too much with unmedicated FET's my body needs lots of help to do its thing!