+ Reply to Thread
Page 100 of 114 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1133
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls I felt like my heart just sanked and needed to talk to someone and this is the only thread I can truly express my IVF journey feelings.

Just now I received a phone call from my FS regarding my Day 3 embryo grading and growth. so out of the 4 eggs that got fertilised , one is a grade 1 eight cells ( clear leader), second one is grade 3 seven cells, the third and forth is around 4-5 cells only ( which she didn't talk much and reckon its not good anyway).

now she said things can go both way on the grade 1 one which may grow into blastocysts on day 5 and will transfer that one or we do a Day 3 transfer today (not as high chance as transferring a blastocyst that result in pregnancy) or we may end up with no embryo to transfer at all on day 5.

I asked her base on her experience and other historical patient case what should I do? She said because I have successfully naturally conceived DS 3 yrs ago and our infertility are unexplained one, also based on my young age ( 33yo) she think I should take the risk and wait it out til Day 5 and finger crossed the grade 1 one will grow into a blastocyst and the 7 cells one will catch up.

FS also mentioned if we wait it out at least we can monitor and understand abit more the growth pattern and if there is an explanation about our infertility, where as if we put it back on day 3 everything is hard to monitor from that point.

I know nothing I can do now and only can trust what my FS suggested. I knew this would be a hard journey and I already accept I will take home with nothing but when it comes to the phone call and listening to what FS said I get very emotionally and hope you girls can share some of your experience or friend's experience of similar situation and result?
    Last edited by obesebaby; 16-06-2016 at 12:24.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh @obesebaby - sorry to hear you are in such a difficult position and have some decisions to make. First of all big hugs hun thinking of you.

I presume at your clinic they grade embryos from 1-5 with 1 being the higest grade? My clinic do it the opposite way with 5 being the higest grade. Having one embryo at top grade is good though hun and seems on track with 8 cells. The grade 3 embryo is also average so dont count that out. My gut would say to see if any of those embryos make it to blast but you have to consider how you would feel if you didn't get any blasts or a transfer, try to follow what is best for you.

Hope this situation works out for the best hun thinking of you xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Jeepers this thread moves fast, I'll catch up properly when j have some more time.

@obesebaby - my sin was a day 3 7 cell embryo and the little girls that we lost (nothing related to the quality of the embryo, I slipped and fell in my pelvis) was a day 3 5 cell embryo.

@kmv - wow that's expensive, who is your private health cover through? I can claim mine through HBF so definitely check that out!

Crinone - my most hated part of the ivf process, I refuse to use it now and only use the pessaries. I used to get an awful build up and had to clean it out each night it's gross. In another ivf group that I am part of, a lot of girls do the pessaries up the bum, they reckon there is less 'leakage'. You definitely need to invest in panty liners with pessaries, trying to get the wax out of your undies is pure hell!

I had my first scan and bloods today. I'm only day 6 and already have lots of follicles. 2x 11mm, 5x 10mm and about 6 around the 8mm size. My Oestrogen is still low at 626. Repeat scan and bloods on Saturday. My parents flew home last night so I finally have an afternoon off of work!

Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @obesebaby you poor thing. I'm so sorry to read this. It really does suck. I hope you're feeling a bit better.
    I was in a similar situation. At EPU I had 9 follies, only 4 eggs though then only 3 fertilised, then lost one on day 2. so I had no choice but to do a 3 day transfer. It's not knowing how the embie is going that's killing me. I was lucky and we ended up with a frostie.
    My clinic never told me my grading. Any time I asked they just told me they were looking good and doing what they should.
    I've heard of plenty of people getting a take home baby from a 3 day transfer. I hope you're ok. xx
    @MAQ247 glad to hear you have an afternoon off Hun. Hope it's been relaxing! Those numbers are sounding great. Hope they continue to go and get good quality.

I'm totally going to ask my FS about other options. This crinone has sent me into an emotional wreck the last few days. I did have a "clean out" this morning in the shower and was more comfortable down there.

I've only got 1 more week until BT day. Fingers crossed its a positive and it's all been worth it! If I've been jamming this gunk up me for no reason I'm not going to too impressed. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mrsthomo Bugger about your phone battery & no ADSL! How frustrating!! Great your Medicare rebate came thru yesterday. Perfect timing!!!!
    I totally understand you keeping your cycle a secret. No body has a right to that information. You have to do what is right for you & DH. Bet you can hardly wait for AF. Not long now!!! Have you got your FET protocol?
    @lotsathoughts Great you managed to snag a cancellation. Hope all goes well with your FS tomorrow. Keep us posted J
    @kmvw Great news that your HCG has skyrocketed! Wishing you a healthy pregnancy
    @jess8383 Sorry to hear about your MIL’s flippant comments. Things like that really add stress to an already difficult journey. My mum is notorious for similar comments. She has good intent but she has said some very cold things over the journey. I desperately look forward to the day we finally get pregnant so she can stop offering her opinions about IVF & infertility. Anyway, I totally understand your frustrations! Hope you find the acupuncturist helpful.
    @katham I think tablets/ needles are very much prescribed on a case by case basis. I doubt any clinic or FS has a blanket approach. I’ve been with one clinic/ FS since starting IVF & I have had numerous protocols including the use of injections, tablets & pessaries.
    YES the 2WW is absolute torture. I wouldn’t believe anyone that said otherwise!!! I think obsessive symptom spotting & googling are completely normal for anyone mid cycle.
    @SurferGalGC GL for you & DH tomorrow. Sorry I don’t have any experience to offer when it comes to TESA :/ I hope all is painfree. Fx for lots of sperm & a quality haul!
    @laugo Fx for a sticky one (or TWO)! Good luck!!
    @Heyside How are you feeling? All the best for the PGD testing. When can you expect results?
    @obesebaby BIG HUGS!! Sorry your been faced with such difficult decisions. Sounds like you’ve made the right move in waiting it out to Day 5. I hope all goes well and you get a blasty for transfer XOX
    @MAQ247 Must be SO nice to have your parents home! Great that your follies are responding so well. How is DS? Hope he’s feeling better!
    @hopefull29 The crinone sounds awful. You poor thing L. Are you considering asking your FS for a change before BT? The pessries aren’t too bad. I shelved my first pessary this morning. ZERO leakage! Much easier & tidier than any other option. Keep your eyes on the prize!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Muchulu1 For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (16-06-2016),lotsathoughts  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    MAQ247 - I hate the crinone too have just talked to my clinic today about generally using the pessaries on a daily basis and saving the crinone for when I need convienience like if I am out gor the day and unavailable to lie down. Wow sounds like a good lot of follies for day six hun hope things continue to look good on Saturday. Great to hear your parents are back and you have help again, I hope your son is better now x
    @hopefull29 - I am sure your clinic wouldn't mind you changing yo pessaries if that works for you. Good luck with this last week and hope you get a good result hun x
    @Muchulu1 - Thanks hun feeling good today, I have had a lazy day taking things easy. Thanks will phone tomorrow to check all 3 embies were biopsied successfully and then last time I think I got my results within 8 days.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heyside For This Useful Post:

hopefull29  (16-06-2016),Muchulu1  (16-06-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @hopefull29 glad to hear its back to white clumps and not red one. As for me second day today with crinone and I would take it for any day compare to the bad EPU experience and the painful injection ( especially with the orgalutran it stings for at least an hour and made me bruised all around). Just think of it as a good thing and give you a nice and thick lining. I clean it out everyday at shower and used panty liner everyday. BTW achy back and cramping can be good sign of implantation, hope the rest of next week will go easy for you.

@kmvw congrats! I am so happy for you. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy! BTW the crinone is so expensive! $340 ? is that for real? Can you check with your medicare rebate or PHI? I bought two boxes of crinone for $38 on Monday.

@julianicholson Congrats! I totally understand you are still holding your breathe until you can see baby heart beat on the ultrasound or at least pass the 12 weeks mark. Best of luck with everything and take care of yourself.

@Muchulu1 Sorry can’t help much on the pessaries as never used it but I am sure you can find lots of answer from this forum or call nurse for some tips?

@jess8383 sometimes MIL can be very inconsiderate, its better to stay away and not share such things. The last thing you want is more stress at this stage. We choose not to tell anyone even closest family. The only one know atm is my mom because she had to babysit our DS on EPU but she is a supportive person so I had no problem with that. I like the idea of acupuncture it does help me a lot for past 10 months and I am seeing her every 2nd day now til transfer day(Saturday). Good luck to you with everything!

@SuferGalGC good luck with EPU tomorrow, are you having Local or GA? Sorry can’t help much on TESA but I am sure the dr will give hubby local anesthetic? I hope its not too painful for him!

@Heyside 3 testable blasts is better than none. I felt this whole grading thing is killing us ! first you worry if they will grow into blast and after they did they have whole different grading again. Can this be easier for us?!?! Good luck and hope these one are super strong!!

@MAQ247 you scan and BT result are looking great! Hopfully some good looking quality eggs are coming your way.

As for me, our clinic rate grade 1 as best so at the moment (Day 3) I have one strong one with grade 1 & 8 cells, then grade 3 & 7 cells, and two more 4-5 cells ( not sure grade). Thanks all for sending me hugs and comfort I feel much better and calm down now. I went acupuncture this arvo and my acupuncturist assured me grade 1 is very strong and very high chance will grow into blast.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Muchulu1 & @Heyside I think after venting and having yet another meltdown to my mum tonight I'm feeling a bit better. Had a stressful morning catching up with a friend who has no idea about IVF but did know we were TTC who told me I'd better hurry up as were not getting any younger. 😡🔫
    So I'm going to see how I'm feeling tomorrow about changing the crinone. I've got a late start so planning on a sleep in and taking it easy in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @obesebaby glad you're feeling a bit better. Your grade 1 sounds positive. I hope the others catch up too. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @obesebaby I'm only having local. I'm actually so nervous because the lady who did my scan said I would likely be in a lot of pain because I have so many follies. Hopefully she was just trying to prepare for the worst so that I would be pleasantly surprised, ha!

Dh will have local too, I'm pretty sure his one little needle will not compare to my 20 odd! He is being very brave for me though even though I know he's pretty scared too 😊