Hi Girls I felt like my heart just sanked and needed to talk to someone and this is the only thread I can truly express my IVF journey feelings.
Just now I received a phone call from my FS regarding my Day 3 embryo grading and growth. so out of the 4 eggs that got fertilised , one is a grade 1 eight cells ( clear leader), second one is grade 3 seven cells, the third and forth is around 4-5 cells only ( which she didn't talk much and reckon its not good anyway).
now she said things can go both way on the grade 1 one which may grow into blastocysts on day 5 and will transfer that one or we do a Day 3 transfer today (not as high chance as transferring a blastocyst that result in pregnancy) or we may end up with no embryo to transfer at all on day 5.
I asked her base on her experience and other historical patient case what should I do? She said because I have successfully naturally conceived DS 3 yrs ago and our infertility are unexplained one, also based on my young age ( 33yo) she think I should take the risk and wait it out til Day 5 and finger crossed the grade 1 one will grow into a blastocyst and the 7 cells one will catch up.
FS also mentioned if we wait it out at least we can monitor and understand abit more the growth pattern and if there is an explanation about our infertility, where as if we put it back on day 3 everything is hard to monitor from that point.
I know nothing I can do now and only can trust what my FS suggested. I knew this would be a hard journey and I already accept I will take home with nothing but when it comes to the phone call and listening to what FS said I get very emotionally and hope you girls can share some of your experience or friend's experience of similar situation and result?