+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Hot, dizzy, ears ringing, nauseous, loss of vision. 28 Weeks - Sound serious?

So I went out to the shops tonight and was there for no longer then 20 minutes and was feeling perfectly fine until out of nowhere I started to feel very hot and started breaking out in a sweat and then my ears started ringing and my vision went funny (could see black and white squares), I started feeling sick and like I was going to pass out. I had to hang onto the isles just to be able to walk to the self serve checkout where I had to put my head down and lean over to rest the weight of my body so I wouldn't fall over. I stayed like that for about 15 minutes until I started to regain my vision and could pay for my bottle of water and make it to a chair to sit down.

My question is does this sound like anything serious or just a random pregnancy spell? I am 28 weeks and being light headed is not new to me during this pregnancy but this was something else, I was really scared of passing out in the middle of the store. My next doctors appointment isn't until the end of next week so not sure if I should just wait until then to get it checked out or try and get seen sooner. My vision and hearing have gone back to normal now but I am still feeling light headed, almost like my head is floating and feel very tired despite having a nap today and just kind of out of it for lack of better words.

Has anyone else had anything similar to this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep, it ended up being pre eclampsia in my case. I'd get checked out sooner rather than later if I were you. You could even pop into emergency to get checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I fainted a bit in my 1st pregnancy. This one has been ok.

Those symptoms/feeling could just be from feeling faint (I often get hot/sweaty/nausea and funny vision).

It was most likely low blood pressure for me.

I also felt really exhausted/sleepy/out of it afterwards.

Try staying hydrated, eat something and rest. If you get anything else then go to dr (or hospital if it is bad).

I found the next day after a bad 'spell' or if I actually fainted I still felt a bit funny.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd encourage you to see a Doctor as soon as possible in case it's pre-eclampsia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please call your care provider. Now. Health care is a 24hr business so hospitals really don't mind getting called at any hour.
    The episode you had today may just be just a little low blood pressure coupled with not having enough to eat and you are totally fine. BUT it is absolutely also possible that it's a sign of something more sinister. If you have also noticed that baby is not moving as much as usual then I very very strongly recommend that you go and get checked. Right now.
    Hope you're feeling better. Let us know. Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Pinkpotato hoe are you feeling today?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haven't been feeling too bad today, got a little light headed at one point while I was out but I think that may have been due to the heat. Hoping what happened yesterday was just a once off but I will definitely be mentioning it to my doctor when I see her next week, just in case.

Thanks everyone for your replies =)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you still arent 100% I'd go sooner rather than later.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm glad you are feeling better. Please keep in mind that any visual disturbances can be cause for concern. At the very least you must contact your dr if you have anymore funny things happen with your vision and as a mentioned before, a reduction in baby's movement is always a reason to call them. I understand that nobody wants to feel like they are being ott and bothering their dr unnecessarily but truly it's better to call and be told it's nothing then to go to your appointment and find that you really needed medical treatment earlier. Rest up. I hope someone lovely is waiting on you hand and foot until you feel better! ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    I'm glad you are feeling better. Please keep in mind that any visual disturbances can be cause for concern. At the very least you must contact your dr if you have anymore funny things happen with your vision and as a mentioned before, a reduction in baby's movement is always a reason to call them. I understand that nobody wants to feel like they are being ott and bothering their dr unnecessarily but truly it's better to call and be told it's nothing then to go to your appointment and find that you really needed medical treatment earlier. Rest up. I hope someone lovely is waiting on you hand and foot until you feel better! ☺️
    This.

Better to be over cautious than sorry. I would be straight to doc to rule out pre-eclampsia. Every appointment I had I was asked if I had any vision changes - it's something taken very seriously. If you can't get in to your normal doc/OB just go to a 7 day medical centre for a blood pressure check at least. And if it happens again I would go to ER, better safe than sorry.

Hopefully is nothing, but please don't feel like you are being silly or OTT.