+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Second pregnancy and second anterior placenta. Started feeling movement from 12 weeks. Definite kicks around 17 weeks and from the outside by 19 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 18 w 3 days with Bub 6 this is my first anterior placenta I've had an odd bubble movement over the last two weeks but nothing most days, I'm thinking of buying a Doppler. Has anyone done this or is it more worry I'm already paranoid and worried I can't feel anything, I'm going for morph scan on Saturday so hopefully that will help reassure me, how did everyone find movements as bubs got bigger, esp in 3 rd trimester?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My ob told me not to do it, that it's hard enough to find the hb without placenta in the way. Wait a few more weeks, you'll be getting decent kicks. I had lots of movement in my third trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BB77 View Post
    My ob told me not to do it, that it's hard enough to find the hb without placenta in the way. Wait a few more weeks, you'll be getting decent kicks. I had lots of movement in my third trimester.
    This. My midwife also cautioned against getting a doppler. It has the potential to make your life more stressful if you can't find the heartbeat because of positioning. I had a real increase in movement from around 22 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had midwives have a lot of trouble getting the heartbeat with a anterior placenta right up to 30 plus weeks and I am quiet a small person so I would avoid the doppler if I was you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Definitely avoid the Doppler. I'm 30+2 with an anterior placenta and midwife couldn't find his heartbeat at my most recent appointment - she kept getting the placenta.

If I didn't know better (all the movement) it would have completely freaked me out!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it was about 18 weeks from memory. I have an anterior one again this time and will be interested in seeing if its any sooner second time round!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have an anterior placenta and I have a doppler. I've been able to find the heartbeat from just before 10 weeks. I use it about once a week, but it's been really helpful for me as I have had next to no symptoms for my whole first trimester, which has been great, but disconcerting.

I'm just over 13 weeks now and I can find the heartbeat about 5 seconds after putting the doppler to my belly.

I wouldn't call my OB if I couldn't find it though - not unless I had other reasons to suspect something was wrong.