+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When I was 3, I had an operation to correct a turn in one eye, but they overcorrected it, and now one eye always looks to have a turn in it - but I can subconsciously alter which eye looks turned at any one time; sometimes it will look like my left eye is turned, and then a minute later it can suddenly look like my right eye is turned instead.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My interesting fact is that famous people tend to die on my birthday! Duke Ferdinand was assassinated, which led to Ww1, Michael hutchence asphyxiated himself and to top it off, I used to work on a fishing charter boat off cairns. On my birthday, our client decide to go for a morning swim, one of them has a heart attack and dies.

I always dread who will be next!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently when I was little, as a baby I did the usual baby babble, then completely stopped. I didn't say a single word or make a sound anymore. My parents took me to doctors thinking I was deaf. Then one random day when I was about 3yo I starting talking again, but in full perfect sentences.

I still am a perfectionist.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-03-2016),Cevapa  (18-03-2016),HearMeRoar  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Two for me.

Firstly I was a clown, from the age of 16 for about 18 months. Quit when I broke my fingers and couldn't tie balloons anymore, but it was an awesome and well paid first job.

Second is confusing but - my dads ex wife is my godmother. She also was at one point engaged to my mums brother. They also lived in our granny flat for a while together. There is also 16 years between my mum and dad and there was closer to 20 between dads ex and mums brother.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF and I regularly both dream about my mother on the same night.
    She passed away 12 years ago and DF never met her.
    I dream about her funeral and DF dreams that he is sitting down talking to her about things that are really going on in our lives. He really likes them because he says its like he kind of knows he in a weird way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I was just under 2 years old my Mum made fresh custard and put it way in the back of the bench but I managed to get it and got badly burnt down the side of my face and stomach and needed skin scrubs and grafts, my Mum has not been able to make custard since. Also I was born with a freckle on my eyeball. And way back before she had children MIL apparently dated a Bee Gee

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loodle View Post
    When I was just under 2 years old my Mum made fresh custard and put it way in the back of the bench but I managed to get it and got badly burnt down the side of my face and stomach and needed skin scrubs and grafts, my Mum has not been able to make custard since. Also I was born with a freckle on my eyeball. And way back before she had children MIL apparently dated a Bee Gee
    Maybe your MIL knows my Uncle. It totally reminded me, he went to school with Andy and spent a lot of time at the Gibb house. His parents and my grandparents were friends. Haha

Also, watching a movie just now reminded me. Maybe interesting maybe not. I have an internal conflict watching Mark Wahlberg movies. I like him. I think he is decent to look at, is funny, blah blah blah. But, I have an ex, that was abusive, that is a spitting image of him.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Catzilla View Post
    When I was 3, I had an operation to correct a turn in one eye, but they overcorrected it, and now one eye always looks to have a turn in it - but I can subconsciously alter which eye looks turned at any one time; sometimes it will look like my left eye is turned, and then a minute later it can suddenly look like my right eye is turned instead.
    Can I ask a terribly naive question? Sorry but I've always been curious about this - if you have a turn in your eye (which is essentially one eye looking in a different direction, right?) can you see straight/normally? How does that work?
    I had a good friend who had the same thing and underwent surgery where they inserted a balloon like device behind her eye to correct but before that she had a very noticeable turn in that eye and I always wondered how she could see straight - she drove a car etc and didn't have glasses, either. Does the brain just automatically focus vision on the straight eye? Sorry if that all sounds dumb, just very stumped!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can see well enough. I was told once by an opthamologist that my eyes work well, they just don't work together. I'm very clumsy, and am constantly walking into things, no matter how far I think I am away from them.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Another thing is I attract electricity for some reason (Drs have never explained it) and have been shocked several times once resulting in a badly burnt arm with serious muscle damage needing rehab