+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    Come on @Little Ted and SPG. Fess up! I mean we can't all have munted ankles and horrifying eyeball experiences to share but you must have something!
    My arms are short. If I sit on the floor with my back straight I can't put my hands flat on the floor by my side. My dh calls me T-Rex. (You're trying it out now aren't you?)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

almai  (18-03-2016),littleriv  (17-03-2016),yadot  (17-03-2016),~Marigold~  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My great great grand father on my fathers side is Pieter De Hoog, a famous painter from The Netherlands. I think that's kind of cool.

I sway. Constantly. Not in a "I have a baby so it's habit" way. In a very serious, I almost can't stop it way. I lean on walls a lot, as that stops it. I have done it all my life. I was forever in trouble off my mother for it. My husband thinks it's hilarious to point it out.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

ElizaDoLittle  (17-03-2016),harvs  (17-03-2016)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and my great great grand mother and Malcolm Turnbull's great great grandmother were sisters

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialPatrolGroup For This Useful Post:

harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Anything else I can think of is more along the lines of who I know/who I'm related to...

I am related to 3 former professional AFL players (2 on dads side, 1 on mums).

My pops cousin (I think, can't remember the specifics) played test cricket for Australia including at least one Ashes series.

I went to school with a current Home and Away actor.

I went to school with an X Factor winner (not same person as above).

I went to school with many people who have achieved amazing things - Olympians, Australian sport representatives, Young Australian of the Year/published author/social advocate/all round amazing person achieving amazing things... And then there's me haha. I'm pretty mediocre in comparison. But I love what I do, I have a wonderful hubby and a great family. That's why I'm happy to not be that interesting! But I'm loving everyone else's interesting facts!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I'm pretty boring....

I used to be an alternative type, same with dh. I had a shaved head at one point in my teens. Dh was a goth type who wore a dog collar and stockings on his arms. My parents were always horrified with how I looked- crazy punky hairstyles and wacky clothes. Now we couldn't be more "normal" looking lol

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

almai  (18-03-2016),harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I once decorated my room in alfoil. I wasn't crazy or anything though. I used clag glue and metres of the crap to cover the walls. Looked cool but it heated up like an oven!
    Another time I used those coloured paper squares to do my walls.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

almai  (18-03-2016),harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I can't think of anything. I'm not related to anyone famous, I can't do anything cool or quirky, I've never lived any kind of alternative lifestyle, I don't have any special skills or talents. What you see is what you get.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Catzilla For This Useful Post:

harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Something interesting...

Way way down the family line on my father's side I'm related to Robert the Bruce. We (the family) also have a castle in Scotland with a very small amount of land.

On my mother's side her family were stone masons and they cut and prepared the stone for the Brandenburg Gate among other things.

PS on a personal note I was a still born. It took over 4 minutes to revive me. I spent the first 3 years of my life in hospital and my earliest memory is lying on a bed in a nappy surrounded by bags of ice with huge industrial fans blowing on me. Mum says I was about 2 and I had a very high temperature.
    Last edited by binnielici; 17-03-2016 at 07:02.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (17-03-2016),harvs  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Something interesting...

Quote Originally Posted by binnielici View Post
    Way way down the family line on my father's side I'm related to Robert the Bruce. We (the family) also have a castle in Scotland with a very small amount of land.

On my mother's side her family were stone masons and they cut and prepared the stone for the Brandenburg Gate among other things.

PS on a personal note I was a still born. It took over 4 minutes to revive me. I spent the first 3 years of my life in hospital and my earliest memory is lying on a bed in a nappy surrounded by bags of ice with huge industrial fans blowing on me. Mum says I was about 2 and I had a very high temperature.
    Ohh, we are distantly related then, because apparently I too am a descendant of Robert the Bruce!

Which reminds me, my ancestors on my paternal grandmother's side are from Berkeley Castle in England (Berkeley was my great grandmother's maiden name). My ancestor was next in line to be the Earl of Berkeley, but he fell in love with an Aussie gal and ran away to Australia instead. I think that's pretty cool!
    Last edited by Hollywood; 17-03-2016 at 08:04.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (17-03-2016),harvs  (17-03-2016),SuperGranny  (17-03-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    @Catzilla I guess that's my point. Most of us feel that way but we all have something. I bet you do too.

I love this thread so much! Thank you!

And @Wise Enough where does one acquire these happy pills? Just asking for a friend...

20. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (17-03-2016)