Army Reserve Question | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Army Reserve Question

my husband discharged from the fulltime army late last year and has been since working a fulltime job as well as the army reserves.
    I am a little confused on the 'tax-free income' from the reserves. Our accountant says it wont be added in the gross income at tax time, while the family tax office says it does. Does anyone have any information on this as this is our first year in the reserves, and it is very confusing!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if this is the same but my husband is on a pension that is tax free however centerstink use this pension as well as my income I have when working out FTB. It is silly but clearly they use all income for FTB even tax free income.

i have learnt with centerstink if you are not Quite understanding keep ring until you get someone who can explain it clearly to you or do your own research on their web page.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My husband is in Army reserve, and my understanding was that it doesn't affect Centrelink stuff. It is not recorded on his tax return and from my understanding Centrelink just uses our tax returns to work out how much ccb ftb etc.... But I could be wrong, I find Centrelink so confusing and frustrating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you for the responses! It is all very confusing! And Frustrating! Hopefully after this tax return I can have a better idea of how it gets recorded! Theres just so many different opinions on the matter!