+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh, totally forgot!

DS slept through last night, and the night 2 before that. No previous night weaning before that, though I've been keeping the feed quite short. He woke at 5:30 though. @BettyV, please tell me your early morning wake up calls from your DD went away. I'm making him stay in bed until 7, but we're both still awake, and consequently both grumpy all day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Oh, totally forgot!

DS slept through last night, and the night 2 before that. No previous night weaning before that, though I've been keeping the feed quite short. He woke at 5:30 though. @BettyV, please tell me your early morning wake up calls from your DD went away. I'm making him stay in bed until 7, but we're both still awake, and consequently both grumpy all day.
    Woohoo! That's great that he slept through. I'm afraid the early mornings still tend to come and go for us. They do seem to be becoming less frequent though so I suppose that's a good sign!

As for us, after our highly successful night weaning I've lost a bit of my motivation for ditching the last two feeds (before nap and bed). It's just so easy to get dd to sleep that way and now that I've got af back it seems less time urgent. Has anyone had any luck with toddlers just losing interest in the last couple of feeds themselves?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (04-07-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I could handle less frequent, I guess. I'm already going to bed at 9, I can't go to bed any earlier! Totally surprised he has slept through 2 nights without taking his last feed away. And, I only took the side off his cot the night before last. Hopefully he night weans himself, because I couldn't see it happening any other way! Even if he just slept for another hour, I'd be happy with a 6:30 wake up!

I'm so reluctant to take the last 2 feeds away, even though now that I'm pregnant it hurts like you wouldn't believe. You'll probably find it hard for her to just lose interest since it's just before bed and probably a great comfort thing for her! You could try replacing it with a cup of milk like you did in the middle of the night? If she still insists on boob after, give her a really quick one, and then shorten it over the space of a week or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How are the early starts going @Tiny Dancer?
    I've given myself permission to procrastinate a while longer before cutting the last two feeds. Instead today we started toilet training! Five pairs of undies changed this morning but then no accidents all afternoon!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-07-2016)