+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Yay!!! I may try the cup of milk for DS and see if that works for us too. He loves it through the day, but I've not tried it at night. Hope it didn't take too much longer to get her down.

I got DS down ok last night. But he was up almost hourly. Evidently he has a sore throat, and developed a nasty cough overnight. He got 3 feeds last night 🙊 but only because he was so miserable and nothing else was working.
    It's so rough when they're sick. Do whatever you need to to get through. I've started to accept that the process of weaning a toddler is a bit of a two steps forward, one step back dance. Definitely give the cup of milk a try! My win last night was that dd slept through until 4am and then asked for a milk cup straight away! She didn't even ask to bf! 😮😊

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default WWYD: BF past 16 months

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDove View Post
    This is a fantastic thread and has come at just the right time for me!

My little girl (14 months) is also boob obsessed and I have to wean her by July so I can start IVF again. Thanks for all the fab suggestions! And congrats to everyone who has BF for so long! 👍
    I'm glad you've found us! @Tiny Dancer started a fabulous thread here. I'm starting to think of it as the toddler weaning room! I hope the advice here proves as helpful to you as it has for me.
    Last edited by BettyV; 08-05-2016 at 12:38.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    I'm glad you've found us! @Tiny Dancer started a fabulous thread here. I'm starting to think of it as the toddler weaning room! I hope the advice here proves as helpful to you as it has for me.
    Maybe we should rename the thread. I like it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Maybe we should rename the thread. I like it!
    I'm sure a mod could do it? Make it easier for fellow mothers of boob addicts to find us!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyV For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Hi guys, I have re-named this thread but not entirely sure if I named it correctly, if it's not the title you wanted, please let me know.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Perfect! Thanks @Mod-Uniquey 😊😊😊

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Mod-Uniquey  (08-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ooh thanks for the name change - I hadn't seen this thread before but it just caught my eye as we're in this camp too!
    DS turns 2 in 6 weeks and feeds 3-5 times a day (before bed, around sunrise, after daycare, and a bit more here and there on weekends). It's weird to be now trying to work out how to stop feeding when we had such a huge battle to get breastfeeding established way back at the start!

I currently don't offer but wait for him to ask, and distract/delay if possible. He's quite non-vocal but one of the few things he clearly says is "Beeboo? Mama, beeboo?" (trying to say boobie!). It's frickin adorable and makes it very hard to say no!

Anyway, will be following along for more stories and advice!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (09-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome aboard @deku! I know what you mean about it being weird to have try to work out how to stop bf after trying so hard to get started. The idea of trying to wean never even occurred to me. I just thought babies magically self weaned somewhere around 1! I really should have known better given I had plenty of family around feeding toddlers.

Anyway, we've survived another night with no feeds here! Dd was pretty restless though and I couldn't get her back to sleep at all after 5am. For those who are attempting night weaning, or have a plan for how they're going to attempt night weaning, do you have any suggestions for ways to resettle when it's that close to morning?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyV View Post
    Anyway, we've survived another night with no feeds here! Dd was pretty restless though and I couldn't get her back to sleep at all after 5am. For those who are attempting night weaning, or have a plan for how they're going to attempt night weaning, do you have any suggestions for ways to resettle when it's that close to morning?
    Well....

In our house sunrise or dawn was the start of our day when we weaned. So I got up, took my baby to a brightly lit room and fed her there. Then we did breakfast 30-60min later.

Over time that became later and later.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (09-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-05-2016),Tiny Dancer  (09-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose&Aurelia&Hannah View Post
    Well....

In our house sunrise or dawn was the start of our day when we weaned. So I got up, took my baby to a brightly lit room and fed her there. Then we did breakfast 30-60min later.

Over time that became later and later.
    Exactly the same here with all 4 kids. I know when I wean the mornings start early but not forever. It's not something I love but it's a trade off I accept until the baby learns to stretch out their sleep as they know there is no feed coming.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

BettyV  (09-05-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (12-05-2016)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast