A bit of background:
- DS is a bit boob obsessed. He's recently increased his feeds to at least 4 through the day and 2 over night. He definitely feeds for comfort. This is starting to impact on how much food he eats.
- I don't feed him every time he asks for it, especially with his frequent wakings over night. Refusing him means lots of tears at night/before bed, or tantrums through the day.
- He's recently started biting me when he's decided he's done. I always say no biting, but he's finished at that point and taking it away is a moot point.
- He's currently in an intense separation anxiety phase.
- I'm thinking about the possibility of TTC again in a couple of months (provided the sleep consultant calls me back and I start making progress with his sleep). AF still isn't around, and clearly BFing will continue to influence this.
- Still having issues with pain from my tear, which the gynae has said will resolve once I stop BFing.
- My anxiety spikes when DS dissolves entirely into crying.
The way I see it, I've got 3 options:
- Continue BFing for a while longer and see what happens re: self weaning and TTC. Continue with the pain from the tear for a bit longer.
- Wean him gently and hope that the crying isn't too bad for too long
- Cut him off cold turkey and impact on the separation anxiety, have more tantrums and longer awake periods at night, but potentially for a shorter duration.
Any thoughts/opinions/advice welcome 😊
Sorry that was so long. Thanks for making it to the end!