+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 20w with 15mm cervix

Just found out my cervix has gone from 50mm to 15mm and is funnelled. Am now in hospital awaiting scans and decisions tomorrow. Am expecting to be told I'm on bed rest for remainder of pregnancy.
    Anyone got some of their own experiences to share?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I haven't personally but can they put a stitch in?ive heard this is quite successful for a lot of people with similar problems

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yep - I had the same thing but they found it at 26 weeks, I had steroid injections just in case he came early and was put on progesterone pessaries for 8 weeks and had weekly scans until about 34 weeks to keep an eye on it, I was lucky it didn't go any lower and was not on bed rest but no exercise and to always rest when I could , DS was born by elective c section at 38+5 no problems - the great thing is they have picked it up early and will put a plan into place for you so try not to stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks guys.
    They will be doing scans today to decide if a stitch is appropriate. I started progesterone pessaries last night.
    Last edited by MrsTugs; 16-03-2016 at 09:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsTugs I also had shortened cervix, my 18week scan showed cervix was 2.8cm and funnelled so we just watched it closely with weekly scans I felt funny at 21 weeks so got checked out and was down to 2.1cm funnelling I was admitted that day and next day had a stitch put in, stitch was put in at 2.6cm, they said I have a dynamic cervix so it goes up and down all the time but my ob wasn't happy it was going so low.
    I was put on moderate bedrest until 34weeks, 200mg prog pessaries, nifedipine to reduce contractions as I was having multiple BH every ten mins ( actually still have them constantly but they aren't causing any issues) and also had fortnightly cervical length scans.
    I am currently 36weeks and my stitch is coming out next week definatly worried like crazy every day but here I am nearly full term and being booted in the ribs as I write this xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just wanted to offer hugs and say it's great that they've picked it up so early.

Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks for your story misa. I love hearing stories of ladies making it to term hehe.
    I'm just concerned about how short it is I'm worried they will keep me on hospital bed rest instead of at home. Most people have mentioned theirs going down to 20mm etc like yourself yet mine is already down to 13mm.

I suppose only time will tell. I'm being fasted now just in case it's necessary. Even though breakfast just arrived 😂😭 I had to turn her away haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yep - I had the same thing but they found it at 26 weeks, I had steroid injections just in case he came early and was put on progesterone pessaries for 8 weeks and had weekly scans until about 34 weeks to keep an eye on it, I was lucky it didn't go any lower and was not on bed rest but no exercise and to always rest when I could , DS was born by elective c section at 38+5 no problems - the great thing is they have picked it up early and will put a plan into place for you so try not to stress
    This is the same as my SIL, she had exactly the same things happen. Has a beautiful little girl now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thinking of you Mrs Tugs x.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thinking of you. I'm glad they found out early enough that they can do something about it.