+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trio View Post
    I am never going to understand why people are so scared of spiders. They are so small.
    Not always. And they bite. Even huntsmans bite.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I try not to. I tend to leave hunstmans alone. They take care of insects

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Never. I catch in a lunch box and put outside,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tbh i havent really been alone with a spider in the house... I think id try get it out but depends how scary it looks lol id prob call my mum (spider lover!) To come get it if hubby was away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I kill most

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CMF View Post
    Maybe I need to do a post in that ultra-reliable psychic section of BH, except instead of "where are my car keys?" it's "where is my huntsman?"...
    If you can't find it, it has clearly gone outside again ☺

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh hell no,I kill spiders IMMEDIATELY. Even hunstmans. No, ESPECIALLY huntsmans. They are the absolute worst. I never understand the argument of keeping a huntsman around to kill the other spiders. It's like saying "I have this huge untrained ravenous lion as a pet. He's great because he keeps the huge untrained ravenous lions away". I hate ever spider there ever was, and I wish they didnt exist!

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cheeeeesecake For This Useful Post:

babybeanie  (16-03-2016),harvs  (16-03-2016),JustJaq  (16-03-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Why? Why did I read this thread? *rocks in corner*

I have always been terrified of spiders but I think I've mellowed as I've gotten older/had kids.

I used to be "KILL ALL THE SPIDERS" but I wouldn't kill them, someone else would have to.

Then when I became a single mum, it was up to me to kill them.

Then in the last couple of years, I've ignored the daddy long legs and house spiders and we've co-existed in harmony. Until a house spider scared DD so he had to be exterminated. DS1 cried for days as he considered him a pet, which made me cry.

We had a huntsman in the house a couple of weeks ago so the kids and I all sat on the couch and screamed until my brother came around and released him into the garden. Two of the kids wanted the spider dead but DS1 wasn't having it which I was thankful for as I couldn't bring myself to kill the bloody thing and my brother is a big softie.

I killed a family of redbacks at the back door last week. Sprayed them until they were white. I loathe them and they must die but I even felt bad for the poor little spider family that are no more.

I need therapy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh this thread has made me laugh 😂😂 I am so irrationally terrified of spiders so I can totally relate to all those who kill them. My fiancé will not kill them though so he is in charge of evicting them. Last week there was a huntsman over our bedroom door and I would sprint through it every time convinced he would jump on me. DF came home and tried to get him in a container to remove him but he dropped to the floor and started running towards me 😣😣😣😣 so naturally I jumped on the lounge and screamed like a banshee. Still DF wouldn't kill him! Also had a huge one run down my windscreen when driving when my DD was three months old. I was proud at how I managed to not crash the car but my god it was hard as it sat on my window right next to my head making me almost hyperventilate. I called df and told him I would be home in 5 mins and wasn't getting out of the car until he killed it. It disappeared but he assures me it died. I didn't get back in the car for quite some time and still break into a cold sweat thinking about it 😰

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Furmumma View Post
    Oh gosh this thread has made me laugh 😂😂 I am so irrationally terrified of spiders so I can totally relate to all those who kill them. My fiancé will not kill them though so he is in charge of evicting them. Last week there was a huntsman over our bedroom door and I would sprint through it every time convinced he would jump on me. DF came home and tried to get him in a container to remove him but he dropped to the floor and started running towards me 😣😣😣😣 so naturally I jumped on the lounge and screamed like a banshee. Still DF wouldn't kill him! Also had a huge one run down my windscreen when driving when my DD was three months old. I was proud at how I managed to not crash the car but my god it was hard as it sat on my window right next to my head making me almost hyperventilate. I called df and told him I would be home in 5 mins and wasn't getting out of the car until he killed it. It disappeared but he assures me it died. I didn't get back in the car for quite some time and still break into a cold sweat thinking about it 😰
    When I was a teenager, a huntsman crawled into the car (I was a passenger) through the a/c vents... I exited the car before it had stopped. Had to ask my junkie neighbours for insect spray because we didn't have any. I needed the driver and another passenger to swear that sucker was dead and away from the car before I got back in it. All spiders must die.