+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Any spider or bug than enters my house dies painfully.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Only if it's a deadly one. Daddy long legs and huntsmen can stay. I've seen a red back or two in our garden so I keep the other guys around to care of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup. They must die.
    I remember when DH and I had just started going out, I woke up one morning and there was a huntsman on the roof over my head. OMG the thought still makes me feel ill. I immediately pulled the blankets over my head, braved sticking my hand out for 2 seconds to grab my phone off the bedside table, and called DH to come and rescue me. At 6 am. He was quite logical and pointed out that he wouldn't be able to get in, and that the spider would likely move before he got there and I should get out of bed. I eventually jumped up and did the running spider dance to the other end of the house and cowered in the corner to await his arrival.

We used to get heaps of whitetails in ACT. One dropped on my head while I was BFing DS to sleep. It then bounced off my shoulder and fell to the ground. The mother instinct is strong. I managed to stay calm and got up quietly, called DH to check the spider wasn't on me or DS and then left the room. I had a panic attack about it once I got DS down.

Disgusting, weird moving, icky things. I can't look at them. I will spray them if DH isn't home, and put something over it to stop DS getting it, but that's the extent of my bravery. They must die, and die quickly. Ugh. Feeling paranoid now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Do you kill spiders?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Dancer View Post
    Yup. They must die.
    I remember when DH and I had just started going out, I woke up one morning and there was a huntsman on the roof over my head. OMG the thought still makes me feel ill. I immediately pulled the blankets over my head, braved sticking my hand out for 2 seconds to grab my phone off the bedside table, and called DH to come and rescue me. At 6 am. He was quite logical and pointed out that he wouldn't be able to get in, and that the spider would likely move before he got there and I should get out of bed. I eventually jumped up and did the running spider dance to the other end of the house and cowered in the corner to await his arrival.

We used to get heaps of whitetails in ACT. One dropped on my head while I was BFing DS to sleep. It then bounced off my shoulder and fell to the ground. The mother instinct is strong. I managed to stay calm and got up quietly, called DH to check the spider wasn't on me or DS and then left the room. I had a panic attack about it once I got DS down.

Disgusting, weird moving, icky things. I can't look at them. I will spray them if DH isn't home, and put something over it to stop DS getting it, but that's the extent of my bravery. They must die, and die quickly. Ugh. Feeling paranoid now.
    No such mother instinct here. I shared it on bh at the time. Once when dd was around 18 months we were sitting outside on concrete and I noticed a wolf type spider on my shirt. I knocked dd over in a hurry to get my shirt off. As I couldn't locate the spider I was worried it was on dd so I threw her on the grass and rolled her around. All the while she's crying and grazed.

I am a lot better now with these things as we moved to a house with heaps of yucky creatures so I've confronted my fear but they still scare me a lot.

Eta: well she wasn't really crying at the time she was more stunned than anything. All this happened in the space of a minute.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 16-03-2016 at 08:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The best spider is a dead spider..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh so I just pulled my lounge apart and my little spidey friend is no where to be seen. Which means he's gone wandering elsewhere in the house. Waaaaahhh....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maybe I need to do a post in that ultra-reliable psychic section of BH, except instead of "where are my car keys?" it's "where is my huntsman?"...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to CMF For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Sunshine View Post
    No such mother instinct here. I shared it on bh at the time. Once when dd was around 18 months we were sitting outside on concrete and I noticed a wolf type spider on my shirt. I knocked dd over in a hurry to get my shirt off. As I couldn't locate the spider I was worried it was on dd so I threw her on the grass and rolled her around. All the while she's crying and grazed.

I am a lot better now with these things as we moved to a house with heaps of yucky creatures so I've confronted my fear but they still scare me a lot.
    To be fair, it was dark, I couldn't see it, and I knew it wasn't giant. Also, DS has sleep issues and once he's asleep, I am not waking him up!

I once threw my (hot) breakfast at my brother while we were camping in an attempt to get away from a giant spider I could see.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I kill them. I don't know what the different types are (apart from daddy long legs) and they all scare me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I kill them. Since moving to ACT my arachnophobia has been in over drive. We've had 4 redback a in the courtyard and one in the house 😱

I don't do spray because it triggers hay fever and psoriasis for me. So I just smash and whack with whatever hard object is around whilst screaming and freaking out generally.

DH will catch and release everything but red backs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast