+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I wish I was watching. DH is home this week oh my lord he would flip his lid if I put this on πŸ˜‚ I'll try catch it by myself in the next couple of days!!
    It was surprisingly the opposite in my house. I had to watch it on the computer (no free to air here) so I did it while hubby was playing Xbox in the same room. He has been asking me constantly when the next episode is on haha. Have to find a moment to catch up today's one with him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think tallena and Brad won't stay together. They postponed their wedding once already and still having doubts.
    Michelle ' s problems doesn't seem unfixable if it's mainly her losing her identity.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't see either of the couples without kids making it. The ones with kids seem like they could probably work it out but both women almost seem like they have half given up already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    I can't see either of the couples without kids making it. The ones with kids seem like they could probably work it out but both women almost seem like they have half given up already.
    I agree. The boys seem to want to work it out but the girls seems to have checked out.
    Michelle seems okay with saying she's never going to be the same and won't change. Her hubby seems like he really loves her and wants to get back what they had.
    And the other couple with kids have been through so much and she really needs to forgive him for going against what she wanted.

Tallena and her partner are really sad. Just the fact that he'd rather buy a tv than get married is a red flag. There's doubts there.

Jackie is in complete denial about her relationship too. She's been married before (to an AFL player I think) and that probably had baggage too.

I still like the show but I do find it really sad for all of them. To put their relationship on show for everyone to see. Yet I'm watching it. :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I've just watched both episodes. I actually don't have issue with the show. Is it how I would want to sort my issues out, no, but these couples all seem desperate and it's better to work it out than throw in the towel.

I see my husband in Adam. Mainly for the golf obsession and choosing golf over asking her what she wants to do on a weekend (in my case public holidays). However I don't see it as him wanting to buy a tab over actually getting married. He's just trying to cut back on the cost of the wedding, which now I'm married I agree much of it is a waste of money, it's just 1 day.

The gym couple, well he acts like a child and whilst I can see she's annoyed at how lazy he can be, shes got a definite crazy and overbearing side to her and I can't stand women who are like that with their husbands (or the other way round for that matter) she doesn't talk to him very nicely at all - lazy partner or not.

Michelle, well I cried all the way through their parts. I associate with her so much. I've lost myself becoming a mum, I'm not the happy outgoing person used to be, I also put everything into the kids and the house and have neglected my DH too.

The last couple, I feel sorry for the husband. Yes he went against her wishes but that seemed like his way of coping with losing their bubba when he was born sleeping. It may well have been the wrong thing to do, but that was his way. It seems like all he needs to do is cut back on work and do more around the house and pull his weight and she needs to forgive him and then they should be fine.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Tamtam  (24-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Buggar, what night is this thing on again?
    Is it Mondays?
    I'll have to watch it back online later

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's Tuesday nights. I really got kind of sucked into it last night. I feel awful for Michelle but also for her hubby who does seem to be trying (even if he dresses and looks like a 14 year old!).

Talleah is a total doormat but I was surprised to hear her fiancΓ© say some nice things about her towards the end of the Ep.

Tim and Jackie are both vapid and narcissistic and they seem to deserve each other in that regard.

Cassie and partner - well his response when he heard he was going on a holiday was quite sad, and she seems so sensible but like she really can't get past how he acted when they lost their Bub.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I missed it yesterday. Am watching catchup now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thought i'd jump on here as I've been watching this show! I have seen a photo on twitter of Tallena in her work uniform still wearing her engagement ring, it was posted by one media place, cant remember which one, but i did think well who knows if the photo was taken before or after the show! I did think her fiance was finally starting to relise his feelings for her in the last episode though, with him not being comfortable with the dancing, realising he should have gone with Tallena when she asked etc. I understand how she is not affectionate but i dont know how a relationship can be sustained without having intimacy and sex with a partner for so long, especially at their young age and being engaged.
    I feel like Michelle has checked out of her relationship too. I think some time allocated to just herself each week, without the kids and without hubby could help, then some time for just her and hubby each week, a set date night maybe? It's hard for new Mothers to remain the easy going, party person, happy go lucky girl they were pre kids, so i think her husband does need to realise that majority of females do change somewhat when they become a Mother although i think she may have a bit of depression.

Jackie seemed a bit demanding and crazy at the start lol, but i felt for her when her guy wouldnt even hold her hand, and was squirming away from her kiss.

This show is like rubber knecking at an accident, cant help but look, but know you shouldnt lol

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

Gagingi  (27-04-2016),Jontu  (31-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    On episode 2, I just couldn't get past how much it seemed like Tim and Tallena were flirting with each other. I swear it seems like they are going to end up sleeping with each other.
    My favourite I think is Brad. He seems to really be the only one (or at least the most) concerned with how he acts during the experiment will impact the relationship afterwards. Some of the others seem to see it more as a "free pass" and I suppose it could be construed either way but I'm just not sure I could switch off for two weeks. Surely if something was left to salvage, you would be more concerned with that, than having fun?? I don't know.
    I think a big misstep in the experiment is everyone is put back in the honeymoon period. Yeh sure, Michelle might feel like she has her old self back, jumping off boats and etc but if she leaves her husband and shacks up with some other bloke that makes her feel fun, how long is it really going to last when the kids and work are thrown back in the mix. It's easy to make leaving look like the better option when no responsibility is involved.
    I don't mind Ryan either. He seems pretty genuine to me. I'm not really fussed on any of the girls.
    I only caught up this evening. No free-to-air telly so watched it on my phone