+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I watched it and found it quite interesting. Was surprised they didn't let the participants know that they would be sharing the one bed. However I do think if they didn't want anything to happen it woukd be easy enough to have pillows in the middle or take turns on the couch.
    I found 3 of the couples genuinely wanting to fix their relationship. The gym couple, the guy seems to see it as a big joke.
    Then again I don't think 2.5weeks and being on tv is a real test bc it's not long enough for people's true personality to show.
    I will be tuning in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Louise41 View Post
    U can sleep in a bed with opposite sx and not have touch so that doesn't worry me. Same with spa.

I think for me I'd like to see how my H would be with a different woman. Is the lack of affection and intimacy in our marriage due to me or is he really not a person that wants or needs to touch his wife. H doesn't show me any physical affection or attention. Does that make sense
    Does make sense thanks Louise, and I get your point that you'd want to see how he interacts with someone else. I guess we only see a particular side of our partners which is likely different from when we first meet them as we grow into relationships and become more comfortable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    U can sleep in a bed with opposite sx and not have touch so that doesn't worry me. Same with spa.

I think for me I'd like to see how my H would be with a different woman. Is the lack of affection and intimacy in our marriage due to me or is he really not a person that wants or needs to touch his wife. H doesn't show me any physical affection or attention. Does that make sense
    I can't understand people who don't show any affection for the one they love. Each to their own I guess, but I love showing and receiving affection. My exH was not very touchy feely and I hated it. I'm so glad that my DP is the same as me. We give random hugs all the time, sit on the couch snuggled together and fall asleep all twisted like a pretzel together (obviously we drift apart after falling asleep though). If it's too hot to cuddle in bed we just have a body part touching at least or we fall asleep holding hands. For me physical touch is essential and if I don't get it I feel unloved.

As for the show, DP and I love this type of program and will probably keep watching it. It's interesting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah DP and I watched that. The gym couple did my head in. Tim (I think that is his name), is an absolute *********, not showing any affection towards his girlfriend and she is an idiot for staying with him that long. He isn't going to change, I reckon. The other guys seemed more interested in saving their relationships so far.

Our relationship is far from perfect, but I don't think I could do that. DP is affectionate and cuddly, has become moreso I guess because I am. I couldn't be with someone who didn't show affection.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 16-03-2016 at 11:10.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
    I can't understand people who don't show any affection for the one they love. Each to their own I guess, but I love showing and receiving affection. My exH was not very touchy feely and I hated it. I'm so glad that my DP is the same as me. We give random hugs all the time, sit on the couch snuggled together and fall asleep all twisted like a pretzel together (obviously we drift apart after falling asleep though). If it's too hot to cuddle in bed we just have a body part touching at least or we fall asleep holding hands. For me physical touch is essential and if I don't get it I feel unloved.

As for the show, DP and I love this type of program and will probably keep watching it. It's interesting.
    You are very lucky to have such a great relationship. I haven't felt the touch of my H in over 18 months

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hugs @Louise41 xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You are very lucky to have such a great relationship. I haven't felt the touch of my H in over 18 months
    That's sad It's so hard to even initiate it when there's a lot of tension in the relationship. Hugs xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I watched. Intrigued. Even though I don't particularly agree with the premise. Most of the couples seems genuine towards it. ... but I sort of wished they'd put the four couples in a house altogether and then did therapy etc. I don't like the idea of jealousy /temptation or cheating bedding a catalyst for change.
    But I'm intrigued enough to see how things change. The couple who lost a baby boy at 37 weeks broke my heart. I hope they can work it out. Same for the other couple with kids. It's so easy for mums to lose their sense of identity.
    The gym couple ...gosh. ..she is a ball buster and he thinks it's funny. Might all just be insecurity though.
    Was interesting.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-03-2016),Gagingi  (27-04-2016),Marchbundle  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Seven year switch

Id be keen to see the show, just for interests sake. We don't have free to air telly so will have to try look it up online..

Quote Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

My husband has precisely this problem with me. I don't like being touched. I don't like kissing and I tolerate hugs. I can feel my whole body tense up if he rubs my arm in bed. When he touches me lightly, I can feel myself getting irritated and snappy, and I end up all itchy. Its probably our biggest cause for argument. He is very kissy and lovey. He was genuinely concerned I would turn my head for him to kiss me on the cheek at our wedding. And it hasn't been just him, I never hugged any of my exs. My mother tried to hug me as a child and I hated it.
    Last edited by Ahalfdozen; 16-03-2016 at 13:30.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I watched it on my phone on the channel 7 app.