+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    She looked pregnant a little in the blue top and a lot in the grey dress, but as someone who has been asked 3 times in the last 18 months when I am due (not pregnant) I will reserve judgement there haha.

I feel the opposite to PP. I think It was a normal thing for Brad to be angry at Telena for the spa thing. I would expect my husband, knowing our relationship was already rocky (hence being on the show) that a spa isn't a good idea. It's not the spa itself but just that she didn't take the time to think "hey, this might upset him". I tend to think that yeh sometimes Brad gets a little too angry, but Telena just flat out refuses to take any responsibility at all. If anyone is projecting blame, it's been her this whole time, blaming him. Although he is a complete ****, it seems like he is trying to make an effort and acknowledge what he does wrong, even if he hasn't changed yet (it's only been a month...) yet she just has this "poor me" thing going on and it really grinds me. She just comes across like she wants to be the victim and that her only fault is that she isn't brave enough to stand up to big scary Brad.
    Same with Jackie and the tattoo. I don't think it's the tattoo itself, it's what she feels behind it. Not to mention it was probably just the straw that broke the camels back. To me it just shows how self absorbed he is, that he didn't consider that it would upset her. It would upset me if my husband did that, not enough to break up with him but enough to be hurt. To me, your partner is the person you chose to experience things with, why would you go do it with someone else, let alone when your relationship is barely hanging on. Even if you thought nothing was wrong with it, just why risk it?

I'm still not particularly partial to Michelle but really, I hope both those couples, Michelle + Jason and Ryan + Cassie, work their stuff out. They seem like they have considered each other during the experiment much more than the others. And I hope Cassie gets some more help. She's clearly just got too much whirling around in her head that she needs to sort out for herself.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by monroe78 View Post
    I also thought it bizarre how when Jackie read Tims letter to her, that it said all the emotional, love you, lovey dovey, so sorry babe stuff that she had been heartbroken not to receive for 3 years, yet she barely blinked an eyelid as the letter never mentioned why Tim got a tattoo!?! So she focused instead back on a silly little tattoo of a dice, getting it into her own head that the reason he got it was to spite her!?! Really!! Can't say i've heard of many people at all who only get tattoos to spite the (apparent) love of their life!
    Ah he knew what he was doing. Tallena even asked him if Jackie would ""rack the sh1ts" because he was getting a tattoo with another girl, his first one too.
    It's not the tattoo, it's the bonding experience that creates between two people, that's the line he crossed.
    And as for the lovey dovey stuff.
    It's all very easy to write anything down on paper, anyone can look a hero if they take time to write, many a heart won with the written word but his actions don't match them and if I was her and he wasn't meeting my needs (doesn't matter what they are) I would stick to my guns and run.

If he's capable of change it will only be a brief stint of good behaviour.
    Not all of his behaviour is his fault but there's something between them that absolutely made him get that tattoo on purpose knowing full well that it would hurt her. That was an act of defiance. An 'I won't be told what to do' reaction to the dynamic of their relationship. I'm guess his lack of PDA is to do with that also. It's all about control.
    People have affairs because of it.
    Sure look, he not only shared the spa with Tallena, after being asked not to, he took his swimmers off. It's his way of dealing with a strong woman. The way I see it is he can't really deal with Jackie so he acts like a child to p1ss her off.
    I'd bet he was game for anything if Tallena was up for it.

I really don't like Brad the more and more i see of him.
    He comes across as way too stiff and rather controlling and unable to take any responsibilty for his faults or mistakes, whereas Tallena seems so bubby but meek next to Brad and has always blamed herself, when a lot of the time it isn't actually her at fault.
    I think she deserves better and i thought it was sweet the way she comforted Jackie
    Yeah, the two girls really hit it off I thought.
    Good on Tallena.

I don't think Brad is a hopeless case.
    I do think he deals with his emotions wrong but I do that sometimes, lash out and think later. I really don't think it's coming from a bad place because he's genuinely sick at himself afterwards.
    Seeing as he's fairly emotional on a daily basis I don't know what would trigger anger because in other ways he's so soft and caring. I'd hazard a guess that it's a childhood issue rather than ex related.
    If he could just get that under control the rest would fall into place I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    I feel the opposite to PP. I think It was a normal thing for Brad to be angry at Telena for the spa thing.
    Me too.
    But Tim strikes me (and I've met his type before) as the kind of person who likes to push boundaries. HE would have easily slept in the bed with her.
    He has been the one crossing the lines and people like him bring out the worst in others. Not that Tallena is blameless but together they were very flirty. I thought they would get it on at one point.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do think Tim needs a good wake up call if him and Jackie are truly meant to be together.
    I don't agree with him jumping in the spa in the first place, when Tallena was in there first and he knew Jackie's wishes, i definitely think it was out of line to then strip off. Along with the night he decided to strip to his underwear and go and jump in bed knowing Tallena was already in there too.
    As Brad said when he was meeting Tim, why would you put Tallena, Jackie and himself (Brad) in that position? Tim either needs to grow up and realise life is not one long schoolies party or otherwise be single as he does things without any prior thought to how it may affect his relationship or partners feelings and does seem to come across as a single bloke.

I do agree, that obviously partners are meant to experience things together, but i don't see an issue with partners also experiencing new things/activities with their friends too. That would be like friends inviting friends out to go go karting, sky diving, on a trip to Bali, out to the new local restaurant for lunch and wine, to get beauty treatments, some of which are permanent etc but never being able to go as they can only ever experience things with their partner.
    Jackie needs to chill out about the tattoo and worry more about her man jumping in spas and beds and his penchant for removing his pants around females.

I don't think Jackie really has an issue with the fact Tallena was also getting a tattoo, as she didn't go on about him getting it with someone else other than her, but that she has an issue with not having any say/control over his decision to get one.

Brad on Tallena having a spa, he even said when he first met Jackie that he didn't have a problem with her having a spa and seemed surprised that Jackie had it as a no no for Tim.
    Me on Brad lol, i wouldn't put up with his crappy outbursts and anger. 😯
    Gentlemen don't behave like that, he may pull chairs out, and toss a coin for the bed, but wow he sure looks like he is going to hit the roof next episode!!

Michelle- i'm interested to see how she goes once she is back in her normal routine

That's my own thoughts anyway 😁

5. The Following User Says Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

I do agree, that obviously partners are meant to experience things together, but i don't see an issue with partners also experiencing new things/activities with their friends too. That would be like friends inviting friends out to go go karting, sky diving, on a trip to Bali, out to the new local restaurant for lunch and wine, to get beauty treatments, some of which are permanent etc but never being able to go as they can only ever experience things with their partner.
    I don't mean you can *only* do stuff with your partner, but if my relationship was on the rocks and I was participating in something that was supposed to fix it, I wouldn't be concentrating my time on going and getting tattooed with friends. Going out of my way to do significant bonding things with someone who I just met, while supposedly fixing my relationship just seems skewed to me. It was more that it seems like he wanted to do it and everything else more so with Telena, than Jackie. Same with the massage etc. I didn't mean that everything should be done with your partner, but some things should be and it seems like he just isn't interested in that, but was more than happy to with Telena. I was tired and perhaps didn't word it correctly.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    But that's the way we are as humans isn't it.
    When there are bigger issues going on it's the small things that make us explode.
    I'd imagine Jackie has just had her fill of that carry on from Tim.

I agree.
    Brad doesn't look to good in the promo for the next episode. :/

I still think Michelle will bolt.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Phony For This Useful Post:

monroe78  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, i didn't mean to come off as argumentative.
    I understand where you are coming from Ahalfdozen, and that is a valid point.

I do wonder though, if Jackie did reign in her controlling self more, if in doing so would put a halt to Tim acting out like a defiant teenager.

I wonder if the counsellors will still be visiting the couples once they are home to help them continue to work on their issues and any new issues that have arisen from this "experiment" or if they will just dump them in it.
    I hope they are still around to help them. I also wonder how long we will follow their journies once they are back at home together, or if it's just the 1 episode of everyone's home now, 1 couple seems better, 1 may be faking it, the other 2 could be breaking up, the end. Lol.

I half think if Michelle was too afraid to tell Jason that she thought she had fallen out of love with him before the camera's started rolling, then maybe she won't break it off with him until after the camera's have packed up and gone home, so as not to be judged or embarrass him.
    I hope not though as Jason really loves her and his family and just seemed so focused on succeeding business wise for them and on supporting them, it would be a shame for him to lose his family when he was only taking his "position" as father/husband/provider seriously.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Why do they have to stretch this show out and only show half the couples reading their letters?! They really rope you in don't they!

I'm interested to see what Tim's letter to Jackie says, and hers to him. To be honest I think Jackie deserves better and Tim is a complete a$$ - everyone has their vices and hers happens to be about a tattoo - but it broke my heart when she broke down and said Tim has only ever told her he loves her maybe 3 times in the 3.5 years they have been together

Thanks
    Reviews
    Also thought Cass looked pregnant from the start, especially in that blue shirt last night it looked like her belly button had popped out! I hope she is, I love their little family!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not argumentative, I just wanted to clarify as I reread what I wrote and it seemed like I was a super controlling wife. My husband gets to do plenty with other people I promise haha. Yeh I just meant more a place and time thing.

I do wonder about Michelle. She seems a little like she gave up on her own life after having kids and blamed Jason for it. I do often wonder if she has regretted having children, like the resentment over them changing her carefree previous life gets too much for her. She could even potentially blame Jason for it, if say he was the one who wanted kids more. I really feel for him. Likes he stuck in a rock and a hard place. She wants nothing to do with him after hours, no sex, no cuddles, no talking etc but then he gets in trouble for working on his business and doing something constructive with his time.
    I don't think he is without his own faults, like not listening, but I would imagine he sits there a lot of the time just thinking "WHAT THE **** DOES SHE WANT ME TO DO?!"
    All the things that she seems to have enjoyed on the "break" from her family, are stuff her children hold her back from, more than Jason. I even thought it's possible there is an extended PND thing happening there. To me, it's not normal for her to sit at home, miserable, dwelling on the past. And it was very obvious at the start of the show that she had already checked out of the relationship. When he made a comment about how he misses his fun loving Michelle, she snapped at him saying that she won't ever be that woman again. But I don't see a reason for her not to be.
    I don't know. I just feel like she is picking fights with him because she laments what's motherhood has done to her. Or should I say, what she let motherhood do to her.
    I was surprised by her letter. It truly seems to be the first time that she accepted that she holds as much responsibility for the downfall of the relationship as him. I hope they can work it out. Mainly because a) I feel like Jason would be lost without her and it would change him. He would go into his next relationship not wanting to try. And b) she might feel like she would be happier with someone else, until she is with someone else. Once her normal schedule is applied and her children are present with her next partner, she will fall right back in that same rut.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ahalfdozen For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (04-05-2016),monroe78  (04-05-2016),Phony  (04-05-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I so agree with your thoughts on Michelle and Jason, Ahalfdozen.

I also thought right from the first time we saw her that she seemed to have slight depression of some kind and also seems to begrudge her new lifestyle compared to how her lifestyle was. That she is always looking over her shoulder to the past, instead of living in the now and focusing on the future.
    I think Michelle needs to understand that lifestyles naturally change once children are on the scene and that includes relationship dynamics with the other half, to some degree.
    But it doesn't mean she has to stop having a laugh, or having a joke and fun with her husband. It doesn't need to be serious parenting 24/7.
    I also think that if she decides to leave the relationship that she is expecting a lot of what she deems a problem to change, but in reality she may find that those things wont change and she could find they become worse, even be more lonely, still have no fun and find it harder work, being a single parent. Although she may think she feels like a single parent whilst still with Jason working a lot and no intamacy happening, it's a lot different when there is no other partner in the house to even have a sounding board with, just knowing your partner will walk through the door soon, and to then have to worry about finances and bills etc on top of feeling lonely, exhausted, and not having fun anymore.
    I also feel for Jason in that he is only trying to be a good provider for his family and that when he does get home, she doesn't seem to make an effort to want to spend any special time with him. Like it isnt hard to plan a candle lit dinner once the kids are in bed, or sort out a movie and ice cream, wine and a boardgame, etc, instead she just seems to start verbally attacking him, then he doesn't want to hear the things she says as doesn't want the hurt, so he talks on and on, then she shuts downs, so off he goes to the home office and off she goes to bed.
    Sometimes people get stuck looking at all the negatives they see and make the negatives grow into such big issues, instead of appreciating the positives and focusing on growing them.
    I think she has done that instead of trying to adapt to motherhood and the new dynamics it brings to a relationship and realise that they can still have fun, they just need to find new ways to have that fun. It may not be every weekend they go out to parties and clubs etc anymore, but it doesn't mean they cant go every now and then and when they are at home, it doesn't have to be constant verbal attacks, or not talking at all. They just need to learn new ways to enjoy each others company that they can work in with being parents.
    Maybe she would get some happiness from joining a mothers coffee group or something similar too as she did complain about feeling like she is stuck at home with the children for so long. Also an afternoon or day to herself every couple of weeks to go and do whatever she enjoys, like horse riding etc.
    My DH loves going off for a fish for a few hours or golf. I prefer a good book or a massage or pedicure haha.

Maybe we should all be the counsellors/psychs on the series hahaha our ideas are tops! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

17. The Following User Says Thank You to monroe78 For This Useful Post:

Phony  (04-05-2016)