+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Cin2+ pregnancy +labour

just wondering about lady's experiences with pregnancy after cin2 lletz treatment, I had just over a cm removed from my cervix during treatment a couple of years ago and I'm now pregnant I have read so many things but want to hear experiances
    Did your labour progress as normal?
    Did you have dramas during pregnancy and so forth?
    My other son was born years before this treatment so not sure what to expect this time around now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I had cin3 cells eradicated by LLetz , i have multiple areas that were treated so minus a fair chunk of cervix in in different areas。 i had multiple issues last pregnancy and this pregnancy but nil due to surgery 。they will monitor cervix to check all remains.good. i was induced early due to medical complications but labour was still smooth and nil complications from labour or birth. Hope all.goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had LLETZ done twice due to cin2/3 and cin3, and I was fine during pregnancy. My ob did a scan every visit and kept an eye on my cervix length but I was ok and never needed a stitch. I was induced at 38+4 but not for any reason related to my cervix, and delivered vaginally just fine (well vacuum-assisted but again nothing to do with my cervix, bub's head was sideways and got stuck). Good luck to you

Thanks
    Reviews
    CIN3 and LLETZ here too. My cervix was right on the border of being "high-risk" (2.5cm) during the first half of the second trimester, but actually lengthened a bit after 20 weeks and stayed steady, though below average length.

My labour actually didn't progress normally but for the opposite reason, he didn't want to come out! But had an otherwise normal delivery after induction.

Yes there is an increased risk of late miscarriage/preterm labour/incompetent cervix - but those are all pretty unlikely in the first place. For example, if they had a 1% chance of occurring and having had cervical treatment increases the risk by 100% - that's still only an overall risk of 2%. So most people will be fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much lady's, it's something I've been rather worried about as this was a very unexpected bubba and the more I "googled" the worse it got. Greatly appricate all your answers :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was.quite worried when googled when pregnant as hadnt looked up any complications before or after surgery as was unaware any problems could arise.