+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to a wedding at 39+5 and another when middle child was 8 days old. And I had the most wonderful time. Just fed bub and left her with my mum as I danced all night

OK - I didn't have a cs but it was a fabulous night.

ETA. Mum was at the wedding doing the gloating nanna thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    After DS1 yes I would have gone he was a natural birth and I would have been up to.

I had a c section with DS2 and there is no way I would have been up for anything at 3 weeks post. I was still having a lot of troubles getting up and down from a sitting position.

As pp have suggested perhaps just the ceremony?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Thanks for all the replies. I feel quite reassured that so many of you wouldn't be up to going either. DH really wants to go, we're close to the couple getting married, and he's kind of pushing me to go but I really don't want to be sitting in a corner all night feeling fat and sore and uncomfortable, and trying to get the hang of feeding in front of 100+ people. The RSVP date is a week away so I might wait a while until I decide.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Thanks for all the replies. I feel quite reassured that so many of you wouldn't be up to going either. DH really wants to go, we're close to the couple getting married, and he's kind of pushing me to go but I really don't want to be sitting in a corner all night feeling fat and sore and uncomfortable, and trying to get the hang of feeding in front of 100+ people. The RSVP date is a week away so I might wait a while until I decide.
    Sounds like you have decided but having a hard time getting your DH to understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksie5000 View Post
    Sounds like you have decided but having a hard time getting your DH to understand.
    Maybe I am selfish but I would also not let DH go to the reception leaving me with a toddler and baby.

Witching hour+toddler on my own recovering from csection sounds like hell.

If he wants to go - fine. He can go to the ceremony. If you feel up to it maybe you can go too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My friend had her baby on the 7th, with my wedding on the 23rd and she came.... And her newborn son wasn't invited 😁 (I feel like I'm going to be in trouble for honestly saying that......)

I had no children at all at my wedding. She had had a C-section too.
    She had her mother in law come every time her son needed a feed or her boobs were filling up as they only lived around the corner. She stays most of the night. Getting close to the end she asked if her son who was asleep could stay as they were thinking about heading off soon and I didn't have a problem with that as it was past the speeches etc.

She was tired and feeling blah but made a huge effort and one that I appreciated so much!

My bridesmaid came from Melb (I live in tassie) and she had a 6month old and still breast feeding but again her child wasn't invited. She came over earlier to help me as she was my only bridesmaid and brought her daughter but on the day had flown in her in laws to baby sit and have a holiday while they were here.

I think this is a hard scenario as it comes down to how close you are to the people getting married. If not that close maybe don't go but if it's important to you then I'm sure you will make it work in the day!

As much as I didn't have children at my wedding I very much appreciated what my friends did to respect my wishes and told them that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wow! ^^^ we would definitely not be friends if you excluded my 16 day old let alone my 6mth old.

I would have declined the invite and probably distanced myself from you very soon after.

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (17-03-2016),Barnaby  (17-03-2016),believa  (19-04-2016),Best Things  (17-03-2016),BettyV  (17-03-2016),binnielici  (17-03-2016),DarcyJ  (30-03-2016),ExcuseMyFrench  (18-04-2016),gingermillie  (17-03-2016),GlitterFarts  (17-03-2016),just her chameleon  (17-03-2016),KitiK  (17-03-2016),Mama Mirabelle  (17-03-2016),Ngaiz  (17-03-2016),NoteToSelf  (17-03-2016),Purple Poppy  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With DD I would have felt up to going physically but not mentally. By that stage I was well and truly out and about with her but was so tired by night time, I can't imagine having to drag her out for a day wedding then evening reception.

Any chance you can just go to the ceremony??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tassiewife View Post
    My friend had her baby on the 7th, with my wedding on the 23rd and she came.... And her newborn son wasn't invited (I feel like I'm going to be in trouble for honestly saying that......)

I had no children at all at my wedding. She had had a C-section too.
    She had her mother in law come every time her son needed a feed or her boobs were filling up as they only lived around the corner. She stays most of the night. Getting close to the end she asked if her son who was asleep could stay as they were thinking about heading off soon and I didn't have a problem with that as it was past the speeches etc.

She was tired and feeling blah but made a huge effort and one that I appreciated so much!

My bridesmaid came from Melb (I live in tassie) and she had a 6month old and still breast feeding but again her child wasn't invited. She came over earlier to help me as she was my only bridesmaid and brought her daughter but on the day had flown in her in laws to baby sit and have a holiday while they were here.

I think this is a hard scenario as it comes down to how close you are to the people getting married. If not that close maybe don't go but if it's important to you then I'm sure you will make it work in the day!

As much as I didn't have children at my wedding I very much appreciated what my friends did to respect my wishes and told them that!
    I hope you paid for her in laws tickets.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attending wedding 3 weeks after birth?

I was another one who had no kids allowed at my wedding - looking back I could see I was a bish but until you have kids yourself it's hard to comprehend that you can't just leave them for half a day.
    Thankfully though it was a small wedding (50 people) and there wasn't anyone really with kids.
    Mum talked me into allowing my brother/sil to bring their baby who was 4 months into coming. I couldn't see how unreasonable I was being, I didn't understand what the big deal was, but hindsight is a marvellous thing.

Eta: until I had dd1 I had no exposure to babies or kids. I had no freaking idea and the once I twice I held a baby I patted them like a dog as I had no idea what to with them.
    It's easy to judge but I was completely ignorant.
    Last edited by Little Miss Sunshine; 17-03-2016 at 06:54.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-03-2016),MsViking  (17-03-2016)