+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was a bridesmaid at a wedding recently when my youngest was 6 weeks old. It was 5 hrs away. Thankfully all 3 of my kids were invited otherwise it would not have been possible for me. But it was a pain in the ****, and to be honest I would have rather not gone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I didn't have a csection first time round but I went to a 60th 6 days after DS was born, it was tiring and not an overly late night but I was glad I went.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    At 3 weeks, I'm not sure I would have been up to it after my c-sections. Are you close to the relative? If you aren't, I'd decline. If you are, I'd maybe consider telling them you'd love to come to the ceremony (if it's close by) but not the reception as you think it may be a bit much and would hate to cancel at the last minute and leave both kids with the grandparents.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go. I have had 3 c secs and at 3 weeks post I had neither the energy or inclination to worry about anyone but me. I also wouldn't attend if my DD(s) and DS wasn't invited as sitting is an issue. Good luck deciding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wouldn't go. My DD is 8 months old now, no way I would have been able to go to a wedding when she was 3 weeks old. Hats off to ladies that can manage it! You are superstars to me!
    Even if we hadn't had big complications for me it would be the combination of recovering from major surgery, tiredness from a newborn, the total randomness to each day, breastfeeding establishment and possible cluster/constant feeding that comes early on (if BF that is), then all the what ifs - what if bub is early/ time in hospital, what if bub is unsettled, what if bub is crying a lot plus the issue of everyone swarming on little bub, worrying about bub getting sick/vax issues. Not to mention oh my lord doing hair and make up that early in. I probably sound super precious but no for so many reasons, 3 weeks in it would be a no from me. Hell 8.5 months in i'd struggle to manage it 😂

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attending wedding 3 weeks after birth?

Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    We've been invited to a relatives wedding. It's 3 weeks after my elective caesarean. DD 3yo isn't invited but they've said I can take the baby. I'm in two minds. On one hand I can take the newborn so feeding will be fine and leaving DD with the grandparents won't be a problem. On the other hand I'm not sure I want to take the new baby out to a wedding of over 100 people before the 2 month shots. Also I'm not sure I'll be up to getting all dressed up for a wedding at 3 weeks post birth (definitely wouldn't have been with DD as I had PND and major feeding issues). Just looking for some opinions to help me decide; wwyd?
    I went to a wedding when my Bub was this age and I regretted it.

Ended up sitting in a corner while Bub cluster fed all night. Felt fat. Uncomfortable. Felt too hormonal and post natal to say anything when he was passed around almost strangers (extended in laws family) thankfully he just wanted to feed so didn't last for long.

It was rubbish! We should've stayed at home in bed. Way too young imo

Eta- I'd also had a c section.
    Last edited by yadot; 16-03-2016 at 05:38.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I went to a wedding when DS was 6 days old. He was either being held by myself or DH or in his capsule. He slept in his capsule by my feet at the reception.

I say go for it, just don't go passing Bub around to people.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went to one when DS was 15 days old. It was nice to get dressed up and take him out and show him off. He was an angel and slept most of the time. I bottle fed so feeding wasn't an issue. i kept him in his capsule and ppl just looked at him sleeping or feeding. I did find changing his nappy a pain as there wasn't a parents room so I used the floor with a rug lol.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attending wedding 3 weeks after birth?

How gracious of them to say you can take your theoretically 3 week old child but leave out your older son. Meh, no way I'd go. I could barely walk after my elective section for around 10 days and I'm a fit and healthy person generally. Sitting and lifting at three weeks may or may not be comfortable. Hell no it wouldn't have happened for me. You need all the rest you can get to recover properly.

It's also foolhardy to expose a baby whom hasn't been immunised to such a crowded environment, even if you don't let people hold him or her.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leksie5000 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (17-03-2016),lilypily  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I would pass. Whooping cough would be my biggest fear. Ive had csections for both my 2 and the 3 week mark I was only just beginning to feel "normal".
    Do what you want to do and dont feel guilty if you choose to miss.