+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I would not. If it was a locak wedding I would maybe do the ceremony and that's it.

I was in a fog after DS . Cannot imagine being not being in more of a fog dealing with baby and toddler who will probably regress due to the new arrival...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I went to a wedding 3 weeks post c-section. They are our close friends so we wouldn't have missed it. I got a wrap dress that I could breastfeed in but it still wasn't that easy, thankfully our other friends had a hotel room at the venue so I ducked up there twice during the reception to feed bub. I didn't dance but still had a great time. Next time around I'd be a bit more wary due to the whooping cough risk but would still go, maybe I would just keep bub in the stroller or carrier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I wouldn't but I don't bounce back overly quickly from my births and none of them were even c-sections. Can you just go to the ceremony? That's what I'd be doing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Definitely not for me. I couldn't imagine ever doing that. I was still in pyjamas and bleeding with no sleep and barely holding it it together. You don't know what sort of bub you'll get either!

Nothing worse than saying yes and then putting undue pressure on yourself pre recovery.

Also.. Whooping Cough would scare the life out of me!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Attending wedding 3 weeks after birth?

I haven't read through all the previous replies but I wouldn't mainly due to bub not being able to have vaccinations until later on. I did take bub out before vaccinations (for coffee to get out of house) but it was only short intervals of time & I didn't let anyone I didn't know touch dd/pick her up. Personally I wouldn't want large amount of friends/family wanting to hold/pick up bub. I didn't want to risk my dd getting sick in the early days but it's whatever you're comfortable with. There's no right or wrong answer

Oh & also my dd slept well for the first 2 weeks but terrible from 3 weeks. I wouldn't have been able to commit to anything at that stage but it did get better after I started a routine with her If you do say you'll go & have a bad night, please don't feel bad if you don't go after all. Babies at that age are so unpredictable.
    Last edited by Rocky27; 15-03-2016 at 19:27.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh gosh there's no way I could go. Might be different second time around but my first birth was extremely traumatic, I ended up having an emergency c sec under a general anaesthetic which took me about a month to recover from. I also don't cope well at all with sleep deprivation. I had to go to my mums 60th 12 days PP and that was a lunch and hard enough. So I would give it a miss but that's just me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you make an appearance at the ceremony, but decline staying for the reception? Perhaps if you do attend you could take your little one in a wrap/carrier so he or she can stay close and settled, and also reduce opportunity for people to touch/pass around?

I attended some conference sessions/events when DS was 3-4 weeks, but that was not a Caesarian and I wasn't running after a toddler at home either.

Did you/will you have a third trimester pertussis vaccination? If so, that should give baby some (but not perfect) protection for pertussis for first month or two.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I would be staying home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    I would be staying home.
    Me too. Honestly one of the last things I would feel like doing is going to a wedding.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Everyone is different, I would have accepted and been fine to go but based on your previous experience I'm inclined to say you should stay home.