+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenga View Post
    The back looks like it could be a viral rash but the cheek looks like it could be something else?
    That's where I'm a little concerned. They don't really seem the same. His back and belly flare up a little when he gets upset or grumpy but his cheeks flared up after Dp went to work and he got upset and didn't go back down.
    He was fine yesterday and all day (otherwise day care would of rung me) but I'm not sure if I'm reading into everything a bit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd call the National Home Doctor Service and get them to come out and take a look. They bulk bill and come after hours. Its really hard to get into a doctor here at short notice so we use the after hours service a lot and they're great (and free).

It could be all sorts of things. Probably viral, but should still get checked out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default What kind of rash could this be?

My DD has always had sensitive fair skin and prone to getting rashes at the drop of a hat. There have been so many occasions where we kept her home from swimming/daycare/social situations because of a rash that turned out to be either post viral or a mild irritation to something environmental, that ended up resolving itself.

Either way it's wise to keep them home until it clears, 'just in case'. You wouldn't want to be the one responsible for a pox outbreak at the local pool! I would monitor for another day and if it gets any worse definitely see the dr.

Ours can be tough to get an appointment at too but they prioritise kids with things like rashes, are you sure you won't get in on that basis?

Thanks
    Reviews
    If it's roseola, the face rash usually appears after the body rash. Hope he's ok tonight and all better quickly!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone 😀 DS still has the spots on his back and belly and some on his cheeks. They've eased right off though. We've cancelled swimming today just in case and I'm taking him to see our pharmacist (she's amazing) Dp came home from work in a terrible way. He's got a horrible fever and is sore all over. So of course he's miserable. He's got a doctors appointment this arvo because I doubt he will be at work tonight. Yay for sick people everywhere haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasselhoff View Post
    Thank you everyone 😀 DS still has the spots on his back and belly and some on his cheeks. They've eased right off though. We've cancelled swimming today just in case and I'm taking him to see our pharmacist (she's amazing) Dp came home from work in a terrible way. He's got a horrible fever and is sore all over. So of course he's miserable. He's got a doctors appointment this arvo because I doubt he will be at work tonight. Yay for sick people everywhere haha
    Sick partners are the worst. Just like big babies only more demanding...

Hope the sickness leaves soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by twinklify View Post
    Sick partners are the worst. Just like big babies only more demanding...

Hope the sickness leaves soon
    He's just like a toddler lol I sent him to bed so he might not whinge lol. They are so more demanding. It's so frustrating lol
    He had a whinge when I told him he will need to get up to go to the doctor this arvo. If DS is still quite bad and our pharmacist can't help I'll send DS with him lol our doctor will look him over as well lol

Thanks! Me too! Fingers crossed I stay clear of it lol

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hasselhoff For This Useful Post:

Albert01  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So we saw the pharmacist (next best thing to the doctor in our town) and she reckons a viral rash. Based on the time line from the weekend. She did say if I get worried at all to ring and let her know and she will make sure we have an appointment with the doctor today. The rash seems to be fading by the hour so not feeling too stressed by it but still going to watch him closely.