+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    I've just looked him up, he sounds like he knows what he is on about. I'll increase the domperidone and see what happens. Fingers crossed.
    I followed his recommendations with my 2nd after struggling with low supply with my first. Thankfully my OB was informed and put me straight on 3x3 motilium a day, but any GP I would see to renew my script would insist I should only need 3x1.

I had EMCS for both births and almost a PPH with my 2nd (lost 990ml). Get yourself on a good supplement with chelated iron if you had PPH as well. I liked the Ethical Nutrients preg one as it had a pretty high dose.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

A&S  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi OP. One thing to consider is that if bub is appearing hungry and trying to feed more often that could be bubs way of trying to increase your milk supply (bub could even be going through a growth spurt). Topping up with formula could interfere with that - the more time bub is on the boob the better. Of course it's a fine line between increasing your milk supply and unreasonably letting bub go hungry. If in doubt consult a medical professional with qualifications as a lactation consultant.

Best of luck

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

A&S  (15-03-2016),SSecret Squirrel  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You've been given some good advice.

The only extra thing I would recommend doing is trying to organise a weekend (or longer) in bed doing nothing but sleeping and breastfeeding.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSecret Squirrel For This Useful Post:

A&S  (15-03-2016),gingermillie  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    For me, drinking plenty of water makes a big difference in my supply.
    This was true for me too - water intake made such a massive difference. And eating too (not dieting etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby was 4 weeks early and 12 hours after I had him i started pumping 3 hourly round the clock and it took till the 5th day for my milk to start to come in. We tried him at the breast every 3 hours but he couldn't latch from being so sleepy so syringe and bottle fed him ebm until he could latch properly.

When we got home and he started latching better, I still pumped after almost every 2-3 hourly feed round the clock to encourage my supply i can't remember how long but a couple of weeks. I hired a hospital grade medela symphony for 2 months.

You're doing everything you can. I second spending a weekend in bed with baby, sleeping when she sleeps and trying her every few hours. It's so hard not to stress but it's not good for your supply.

Drinking 3 litres of water a day is good. I also found having if I had a small glass of beer at night every once in awhile straight after I fed that would work too, the midwives suggested that.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

A&S  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Waiting on my milk

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    You guys are amazing. Thank you all so much for your help. DP finally gets time off as of tomorrow so I think it will be much easier for me to relax and focus on feeding with her around to help. I'll definitely be resting, eating, drinking and feeding as much as possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RedCreamingSoda View Post
    Have you consider a sns? They can seem tricky but I Eve you get the hang of it it will cut down on your feeding time (because you won't have to give a bottle but baby will spend more time stimulating your breast.

Good luck. You are doing so well doing all this. I am totally cheering you on and I hope in a few weeks it will all be worth it and feeding will be a breeze. Xxx
    Thanks for the video. It was really helpful. What is a sns though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A&S View Post
    Thanks for the video. It was really helpful. What is a sns though?
    Supplemental nursing system

https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bf-...g-supplementer