+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I tried at 2 with my son, he went really well at the start, but then regressed and I ended up putting him back in nappies after 7 freaking months...the relief for both of us was huge! Then, about 4 months later (maybe? I can't remember exactly), he started asking for jocks again. I was so traumatised from the first round, that I refused. It got to a point that he was insisting and wouldn't wear nappies, so I let him go into jocks and it was super easy. Hardly any accidents and he's been reliable for months and months. He turned four in nov. my daughter is 14 months and I have zero interest in trying tt with her until she is well and truly ready!

Thanks
    Reviews
    DD1 was 18months, it took a few days.
    DD2 said no nappies right before her 2nd birthday and never had an accident.
    DD3 was a royal pain in the bum and took a good 2 months to master it but still done just after her 2nd birthday and DD4 was exactly 2 and took 3 days.
    I swear by the 3 day method, it does take 2 days of staying at home and on the 3rd day venturing out.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BabyG4 View Post
    DD1 was 18months, it took a few days.
    DD2 said no nappies right before her 2nd birthday and never had an accident.
    DD3 was a royal pain in the bum and took a good 2 months to master it but still done just after her 2nd birthday and DD4 was exactly 2 and took 3 days.
    I swear by the 3 day method, it does take 2 days of staying at home and on the 3rd day venturing out.
    Maybe it's better for girls than for boys? Or just some kids? That's what I did with my son lol

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I feel lucky so far as my two oldest have been very easy to toilet train.

DS1 was almost 2.5yrs and I had suspected he was ready to toilet train for a while but was really dragging my heels as I had watched friends struggle. One morning we ran out of nappies so I explained that he should go on the toilet if he needed to.. And he did! He had maybe 5 accidents in the few weeks that followed but that was it. He had brilliant comprehension and language though.

My DD was 21 months when she took her nappy off in the middle of Woolworths one day and announced 'i don't want this' and fought like hell when I tried to put it back on her. I had a 4 week old baby and could not be arsed with the idea of toilet training her. But she did it herself. She has just turned 2 and has only had the odd accident since that day 3 months ago. She still wears nappies at night but wakes dry 50% of the time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started introducing my ds to the toilet at 16 months and at 19 months I took a week off work to toilet train. I think he got the concept by about day 3. He only ever had 1 poo accident and he still had the off accident during the day for the few months following but it was so much easier than I thought it would be. Once we started tt he also stopped wetting at night so he made it nice and easy for me.
    Everything I have read says tt is easiest before the age of 2 song made a point of doing that (and that's that parents used to do in the days before disposable nappies).

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a potty when DD1 was about 15-16 months. She's always had nappy free time for about an hour before her shower in the evening so I just sat her on the potty occasionally, and if she did a wee or poo on the floor I'd just remind/encourage her to use it.

I probably could have TT her before she was 2 because she would often just use it without being asked & liked to have her nappy off a lot, but DD2 was due right after her 2nd birthday so I didn't want to risk her regressing when the newborn came so I waited until I was over the newborn hump then bit the bullet and did it when she was 2 years and 3 months old. I introduced jelly beans as a reward for going (since she went on the potty fairly often anyway, I needed an incentive to use it every time).

She took to it really well from the get go, and only has the occasional accident when we're out & she's too busy to remember she needs to go. She takes herself when we're at home, and uses the step ladder/toilet seat thing on the regular toilet.

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default how long did it take to toilet train your child?

Dd3 asked to wear knickers so we put them on and she was trained 😕 she's 2.5 and has had 1 accident in about 3 weeks I didn't have to do anything
    Dd1 was about 3.5 when one day I said no more nappies only knickers and she had 1 day of accidents and then was fine
    Dd2 years before it all went well 😁

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TaylorMade View Post
    She takes herself when we're at home, and uses the step ladder/toilet seat thing on the regular toilet.
    I am thinking of introducing my DS to the toilet. Where did you get the step ladder / toiket seat thing?

And what do people think of the merits of little toilet seat vs potty?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJaq View Post
    I am thinking of introducing my DS to the toilet. Where did you get the step ladder / toiket seat thing?

And what do people think of the merits of little toilet seat vs potty?
    I got it from baby bunting for $20.

I liked the potty when she was littler (and it was only $6 from big w), and it was easy for her to just go sit on it when she needed, but obviously she'd need to use the toilet eventually so the step ladder thing seemed like the next step.

I left the potty out for a while after we introduced the step ladder seat so she could choose (or in case she couldn't make it to the toilet in time) so there was some overlap before I moved the potty away & she only uses the toilet now.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

JustJaq  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just bumping to ask if anyone knows what to do about a little girl who shoots wee out the front as if she were a boy?!
    I've tried getting her to sit right back on the toilet seat & lean forward but she still seems to shoot it projectile-style over the front of the seat & all over her feet & floor. And if I don't follow her in in time she's used an entire roll of toilet paper to try clean it up! Help!