No washing, wiping, rinsing - I like the sound of that!
It has a rough side that is great for scrubbing. It got my stove clean almost clean and it was way worse than yours. Steel wool is good, but is more abrasive and will probably leave scratches. I've heard (but not tried) that cream of tartar and vinegar is better than bicarb and vinegar for cleaning and will lift gunk off a stove top.
A trick I used to do before kids, was make a paste of bicarb and water and leave it on say the bottom of the oven or the stovetop for a week. The baked on cr@p just wiped away. With kids, there is no way I could have the oven or stove out of action for a week.
The grease stains sound like they are coming out of the washing machine. Use washing up detergent to get the grease stains off the clothes. I've never had a washing machine do that before, and I'm not sure running vinegar through a wash will fix it. Vinegar will get built up gunk out of pipes. I would have thought, grease stains were a symptom of a mechanical problem.
For oven I was skeptical but it worked! Shinny clean. I soak the trays overnight too.
Just get a box of bicarb, add water and make a paste and coat the walls and inside door. On the bottom you can actually just sprinkle the bicarb and pour on a bit of water and vinegar. If you put the bowl of hot vinegar in too if sort of steams it. Before I wipe it out next day i spritz it all with white vinegar as I find it then fizzes away the rest of the bicarb and easy to wipe out. Might depend on how bad your oven is but I was surprised how clean mine came up.
Last edited by Clementine Grace; 14-03-2016 at 20:25.
Subbing. I used to use Exit Mould on my ceiling, but it came back too quickly. It only bleaches it (turns it white) so you can't see it but it's still there. Vinegar is the best for Mould as it actually kills the spores as well as removing it when wiped and keeps it away for a lot longer
Maybe I should use vinegar first then exit mould after.
Bleach is my go to chemical for mold. Harsh, but mold is nasty and can trigger asthma attacks in people who have never had any asthma symptoms before (this happened to me 20 years ago). The only time we had to use it in the last few years was a dilute solution on the ceiling of the bathroom via a mop. Gone, never to return for a good few years now.
**Public Service Announcement**
The reason bi-carb and vinegar react is because vinegar is acidic and bi carb is alkaline (see pH scale). When mixed they give off CO2. If you put some vinegar in a bottle and bicarb into a balloon and then put the balloon over the bottle (being careful not the drop the bicarb into the vinegar) then hold up the balloon so the bi carb falls into the vinegar the reaction will give off CO2 and blow up the balloon.
SSecret Squirrel (14-03-2016)
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!