+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahalfdozen View Post
    Does anyone know the best thing to get the White (calcium I think) build up from showers? Taps etc. We are on bore water so it's pretty horrid. We are on septic so cannot use bleach really.
    I spray mine with CLR (Calcium Lime Rust), you can get it in the supermarket cleaning aisle. Spray leave, then wipe off with minimal elbow grease.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to 4LeafClover For This Useful Post:

Lauzy  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Spinoff: solve your cleaning issues here

Quote Originally Posted by Jontu View Post
    I have some black mould on ceilings that I need to clean.
    Can anyone recommend some good products? Thanks.
    You could also use tea tree oil instead of clove oil with vinegar. Add a capful in a bucket with vinegar and water. You can also mix in water with a spray bottle afterward cleaning to help prevent it from reoccurring.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Jontu  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have tea tree oil so will try that first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I think so. Probably a stupid question, so I do an empty load with the vinegar? Does the vinegar rinse out so it no longer smells?
    I have a top loader. I just have a totally empty machine. Pour the whole bottle in (just the cheap homebrand vinegar from coles), select short hot cycle and turn it on. X

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedCreamingSoda For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Love this. I need the laziest, easiest way to clean an oven as I have an inspection next week and no energy to scrub!

Busy-Bee is offline Offending people since before Del :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    A cream cleanser (eg Jiff) can work well on greasy cook tops or fingerprints on walls as it has mild abrasive properties.

Best tip ever - clean your oven racks and grill tray by soaking them in a sink or bath in a hot, strong solution of napisan (or similar). Straight hot water from the tap is fine. Leave to soak for a couple/few hours. If they are v bad you might need to do it twice but it's no where near as caustic and smelly as oven cleaner!! (Note: a drop of oven cleaner on polished hardwood floor eats straight through the finish )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy-Bee View Post
    A cream cleanser (eg Jiff) can work well on greasy cook tops or fingerprints on walls as it has mild abrasive properties.

Best tip ever - clean your oven racks and grill tray by soaking them in a sink or bath in a hot, strong solution of napisan (or similar). Straight hot water from the tap is fine. Leave to soak for a couple/few hours. If they are v bad you might need to do it twice but it's no where near as caustic and smelly as oven cleaner!! (Note: a drop of oven cleaner on polished hardwood floor eats straight through the finish )
    Gonna do this tonight before I go to bed!

How much Napisan do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A paste of bicarb and water spread all over the oven (walls/back/door) left overnight can do wonders too. You can also heat up a bowl of vinegar in the microwave and put it in the oven overnight too. Or put a bowl of vinegar top shelf and bowl of boiling water on bottom shelf and shut door.

Next day you can spritz it with white vinegar again and then wipe it out, most stuff comes off pretty well and you don't need to scrub or use strong oven cleaner with fumes that will knock you out.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Clementine Grace For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-03-2016),rainbow road  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll get some bicarb tomorrow and try this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm trying this for my oven too, I have sinus trouble and those harsh chemicals have me in a world of pain.
    i make an all purpose cleaner with vinegar, bi carb, lemon and water, I use it for every day quick wipe downs.
    Dh used to have very problematic skin on his back, after switching from fabric softener to vinegar he has no more problems, it was a last resort recommended by a dermatologist, she said fabric softener is one of the worst things ever for our skin.
    with the cast iron things from the stove top I regularly just throw them in the dishwasher- no more scrubbing!
    I get rid of any build up in wet areas with vinegar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast