+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use OzKleen's Grease Monkey on mine. You get it from the supermarket. Works great. The previous tenants used steel wool and they've scratched the steel and also taken away the symbols from the knob panel!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Lauzy For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Washing machine: bicarbonate soda and vinegar. I have a front loader so do 1-2 tbsp bicarb in the powder dispenser, with about a cup of white vinegar in the drum, then hot wash (mine has a "drum clean" cycle so I use that). I do this about once a month, but I'm anal about it because I use cloth nappies and don't want my machine getting mouldy/gunky.
    Stove top: Enjo have a product called marble paste. That with the kitchen glove fixes everything on my oven.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rosey82 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    All these cleaning threads and talk of dirty ovens and washing machines has inspired me.
    Currently have a hot wash of bicarb and vinegar going in the washing machine, all my oven trays and racks soaking in napisan in the bath and the oven going through the pyrolytic cycle for the first time since we put it in a year ago 😂
    So thanks everyone!!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-03-2016),MsViking  (16-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Speaking of ovens. Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the cast iron on top of my gas oven without damaging it? ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1457921648.869769.jpg

They don't look bad in the pic but have got lots of oils and fats from cooking building up but this house is a rental and don't want to do any damage.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to HeavenBlue For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Following

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    So it sounds like some of us are better cleaners than others in here, so why not help out hopeless cleaners such as myself with your tips and tricks....

I have 2 issues. 1st my cooktop. How do I get it back to stainless steel?

Attachment 79214

2nd, clothes that go in the wash not exactly dirty (just worn) but come out with what appears to be oily stains which don't come out in subsequent washes.

Can anyone help? Anyone else have tier own cleaning dilemmas they need help solving?
    I've always put all the bits that come off through the dishwasher every 2 months or so and use a scrubbing sponge or steel wool to clean the rest (avoiding any labels).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by A-Squared View Post
    I think so. Probably a stupid question, so I do an empty load with the vinegar? Does the vinegar rinse out so it no longer smells?
    Yes and yes. Front or top loader? Front loader I put in 2 tbsp bi carb in the laundry liquid dispenser thing. Then a cup of vinegar in the drum. Hottest wash possible.

I clean out all the filters, seals etc before doing this then again after.

Top loader just throw it all straight into the drum.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find sard wonder soap spray a treat for stop top cast iron and range hood vents. Sards is a degreaser and it's not caustic so it doesn't make the metal dis colour and the grease comes straight off.

Another thing I use for the shower screens and outside Windows is macguires car wash with the wax finish with a window washer and squeegee thing. The wax finish helps to keep it shinier and cleaner longer (think of what it does for car paint!)

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (14-03-2016),HeavenBlue  (14-03-2016),Little Miss Sunshine  (14-03-2016),MrsMiller  (14-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Does anyone know the best thing to get the White (calcium I think) build up from showers? Taps etc. We are on bore water so it's pretty horrid. We are on septic so cannot use bleach really.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Wow, so many things to try. Thanks ladies!