+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 76 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AWarmHug View Post
    Hey guys, how early is "too early" for a blood test?

I feel the doctor I saw today lied to me but I'm not 100%
    As soon as you have a positive urine test they should definitely be able to do bloods...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to buterfly For This Useful Post:

tamzmaree  (17-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey guys, how early is "too early" for a blood test?

I feel the doctor I saw today lied to me but I'm not 100%
    What did the dr say?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thescientist View Post
    Im leaving for a bit. I can't handle this so I've decided for now to go back on the pill.

DH can't even finish anymore when we have sex so I'm not going to get pregnant anyways.
    For me, I think being told not to TTC until after AF arrived, really helped. It gave me a month to grieve without the stress of trying to get pregnant again. I feel in a much better place now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil Smurfy View Post
    For me, I think being told not to TTC until after AF arrived, really helped. It gave me a month to grieve without the stress of trying to get pregnant again. I feel in a much better place now.
    Yes that is probably half my problem, so upset about our wee Bub today

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be 4w2d, and she told me that there was no point doing it now because it wouldn't show anything. I don't believe her. I felt judged and that she didn't think I was even pregnant or that I'd keep it if I was..

I had a long rant about her when I got home in the Nov DIG. (http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-(DIG)/page15)
    It's a bit long and there's three more short posts if you scroll down a little..
    I was reading this earlier. That Doctor is a ****. I'd be going to see someone else. With my last pregnancy I was told they wouldn't do bloods until I had a positive urine sample, in their office. I got a positive using FRER but not on their pee tests. I showed the test and she didn't believe me, I was also told to come back in a few weeks of I started to bleed.. Like what!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear scientist
    Big hugs
    X

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be 4w2d, and she told me that there was no point doing it now because it wouldn't show anything. I don't believe her. I felt judged and that she didn't think I was even pregnant or that I'd keep it if I was..

I had a long rant about her when I got home in the Nov DIG. (http://www.bubhub.com.au/community/f...-(DIG)/page15)
    It's a bit long and there's three more short posts if you scroll down a little..
    She sounds like an absolute b....

In regards to blood tests, with my DD, I never had a blood test to confirm the pregnancy. GP said if urine rest was positive, I was pregnant, and gave me a referral to my ob.

With my pregnancy earlier this year, no bloods either, until I started spotting, then they were doing them every 3 days to check levels.

So I don't think they are necessary and think they would cause me more stress, worrying about doubling times.

Also, with my pregnancy this year, my doctor also asked us if we were trying to get pregnant. And told me that I didn't look old enough to have a 2.5 year old (I'm 34, so clearly old enough).

But the dr you saw sounded totally judgmental and out of line

Thanks
    Reviews

Default March 2016 TTC #2

Im leaving for a bit. I can't handle this so I've decided for now to go back on the pill.

DH can't even finish anymore when we have sex so I'm not going to get pregnant anyways.
    I'm so sorry. We went through the exact same thing this cycle (not finishing). We missed two critical days hence why all along I've known I wouldn't be preg (unless it's a miracle). I also cracked and haven't let him touch me. But I'm not giving up because it was just a mood (that lasted days). I've also had a MC so know all the feelings you're going through love. You'll feel better and then worse and then better. It's such a journey that only some women understand. I only truly felt better once my son was conceived. I don't even know your name but I'd still hug you. Much 💞 x ps my two best friends are Scientists so I imagine you are them

Thanks
    Reviews

Default March 2016 TTC #2

Quote Originally Posted by WinterJade View Post
    I'm so sorry. We went through the exact same thing this cycle (not finishing). We missed two critical days hence why all along I've known I wouldn't be preg (unless it's a miracle). I also cracked and haven't let him touch me. But I'm not giving up because it was just a mood (that lasted days). I've also had a MC so know all the feelings you're going through love. You'll feel better and then worse and then better. It's such a journey that only some women understand. I only truly felt better once my son was conceived. I don't even know your name but I'd still hug you. Much 💞 x ps my two best friends are Scientists so I imagine you are them
    Naww you're so sweet! Wouldn't it be funny if I knew you!

I'm super emotional but is only been 13 days since by d n c! What a rough journey. We did BD CD11 and 12, and I think I'll ovulate today Cd14 so not completely out but think I need to cut back the stressing about opks and temps etc!!
    Last edited by Thescientist; 17-03-2016 at 20:41.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naww you're so sweet! Wouldn't it be funny if I knew you!

I'm super emotional but is only been 13 days since by d n c! What a rough journey. We did BD CD11 and 12, and I think I'll ovulate today Cd14 so not completely out but think I need to cut back the stressing about opks and temps etc!!
    Haha! They're in IVF but both me and my DH work in Labs too (but we're not scientists).

You might be in with a chance for sure. I BD on Cd9 and 20 and fell pg. At least you know you O'ed even if it was stressful.